Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi all,

I have listened to a couple of Tom's talks on youtube and I have recently started reading the my big toe trilogy.

I just wanted to hear other people's theories/ideas on why so few people that experience a cardiac arrest and are brought back to life remember anything during this time (i.e. near death experience).

Studies by Pim Van Lommel etc show that only 10-20 per cent of people who suffer cardiac arrest and are brought back to life have memories of the time when they were clinically dead.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Have you experimented with altered states of consciousness? It's the same issue as why don't more people remember their dreams.

When you are in a certain state of mind (even in meditation) like dreaming when you wake up you will not remember clearly what you've gone trough. You need to "operate" in the environment for some time to get acquainted of how to get back some ideas from that "space". In some cases people do remember because the system is allowing enough of them but not a lot of them as to become a majority. You have free will in choosing what to believe and the system won't interfere in your choosing.

At least that's my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Casey80,

It is my understanding that this is an individual matter in terms of remembering an NDE. Whether you can remember and what you remember is a matter of ability as Ingerul says and also a matter of whether the 'system' considers it of value for your development to do so. If you are open to a different understanding of reality and ready for a change, you will tend to remember an appropriate experience for that development. As so many go on to report, it is or can be a life changing 'wake up' call.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:17 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thank you both for your response, much appreciated.

I realised after posting that I have positioned my post in the negative opinion section. Apologies for that, it should have been posted in a more appropriate part of the board. Still finding my way around.