Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Falun Gong Falun Dafa!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Melez

I just discovered on the internet a practice known as Falun Gong. The spiritual movement of which it is a part is called Falun Dafa. I already see similarities between Falun Gong and what Tom says. It is brand new to me, and I am just now reading into it, but so far it is fascinating! Li Hongzhi is the founder of this exercise. He talks about Gong being non-physical energy. It can be measured above the head, the height of which signifies how spiritually evolved or powerful you are. This reminded me of the My Big TOE trilogy. In it Campbell Man says he could see people's auras. He looked at a photograph and was able to pick the one who was the psi researcher. I am going off of memory, but I believe he said the way he could tell was by the energy ABOVE THE HEAD, same as what Master Hongzhi describes. Also while I was at the Hawaii lecture with Tom, and he was giving healing exercises, he kept talking about the importance of people not directly handling the illness. He said to use mental gloves of some sort and to throw the illness into the sun. (Or pick a similar metaphor for not handling it). This is also what Falun Gong says. --
"Karma is a type of black matter that surrounds the human body. It has physical existence in another
dimension and can transform into sickness or misfortune.
Supernatural abilities exist in everyone, and the idea is that they need to be developed
and strengthened through continual cultivation. You want to be a practitioner, but if you
only pursue abilities, you are shortsighted and your mind isn’t pure. No matter what it is
you want abilities for, your pursuit of them has selfish things mixed in that will definitely
hinder your cultivation. The consequence is that you will never get abilities.
Some practitioners haven’t practiced for very long, yet they want to give people
treatments to see how their skills are.(Like Tom telling us beginners to try and heal people to see if we have an effect). When those of you without high gong potency
extend your hand and try, you absorb into your own body a great deal of black,
unhealthy, filthy qi that exists in the patient’s body."( which is why, per Tom, we shouldn't handle it directly)

These are only the first two things to jump out at me as far as parallels with MBT go. I am sure there are more to come.

I plan on practicing this as soon as I learn it. They have free teachers worldwide. I have very briefly toyed with general Qi Gong, but am either too lazy or busy to follow my dvd instructions of it. I had never heard of Qi Gong until I heard Iggy Pop reference it. He says he does 30 to 40 minutes a day. In an interview for a magazine he also mentions Falun Gong, which was the first time I had ever heard of it. Everyone always asks him how he stays in such great shape, and he said daily Qi Gong is his secret.
And well, since I want to look like Iggy when I am 65 ....

Here is what I am reading right now: http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/pdf/flg_2006.pdf

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do not get carried away with seeming similarities with MBT. Many concepts include auras as part of the belief system. Falun Dafa is a popular cultural movement. It has links to other Chinese movements of the past as in the mass practice of physical exercises.

This is not what Tom teaches in MBT. Auras are a very peripheral item and the concept of an aura is different from that in Falun Dafa that I have seen references to. More on that if necessary. In WikiPedia, it states of Falun Dafa that:
Quote:
It combines the practice of meditation and slow-moving qigong exercises with a moral philosophy.
While there is probably more to it than just that, these practices in meditation or moral philosophy are peripheral entirely with MBT. And there is no such thing as MBT exercises that we go out and practice together in the local park. It might be good for some of us to get that exercise, but it has no part in Tom's teachings.

MBT is primarily and first a theory and model of the nature of reality based fundamentally upon science and aspects of mathematics. It's primary purpose is the teaching of the nature and purpose of our reality and the development of a new paradigm of science and thus of society with Consciousness as fundamental, not a moral code or exercise practice. While a moral code can be derived and Tom recommends meditation and does describe auras, these are secondary and not primary aspects. Referring to the similarities you note to Falun Dafa is like saying a cow and a porcupine are similar because they both have 4 legs, two eyes and a nose.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What is MBT? What does Tom teach? Yes. MBT is a model of reality. Well, what is reality? Oh Shiva, what is your reality? According to Tom, reality is consciousness AND the fundamental process of evolution, you forgot that one. All is consciousness, and it must evolve through spiritual growth. Spiritual growth is not a secondary superfluous side note to MBT, but math sure is. Math is PMR only. PMR is only a slice of reality. Meditation can help facilitate spiritual growth. Falun Gong is not about the physical movements, but about the opening up of awareness, which Tom says is one of our two central purposes. (the other being love). MBT is about spiritual growth. Falun Gong is about spiritual growth. That is an equation.

I don't like intellectual arguments and trying to win in a shallow ego debate.

BRRR!!! Wet blankets can be so cold! but they can also be very effective at killing my enthusiasm for sharing anything I find inspiring

To talk about it is to walk right by it. Accept the mystery. He had learned this from the river. To wait. To have patience. And to listen. I said to my soul be still... and wait without hope. For hope would be hope for the wrong thing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yeahboy,

Perhaps you should look at the Model on the MBT Wiki: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Th ... _Link_Page This would possibly provide you with the understanding that the 'Math' referred to is so called pure mathematics, unrelated to any specific thing, of PMR or elsewhere. It is rather about how systems organize. I did not forget consciousness or the fundamental process which are clearly explained in that model. To gain benefit from this however, you would have to read and understand it all.

If you made posts that were more in depth and not superficial, more generally accurate, perhaps you would be happier with responses.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:07 am 

Greetings Melez

I found your post from a google alert I have set up to the search term "Falun Dafa". I read your post and can feel your excitement towards the discovery of finding Falun Dafa. I related to you immediately because I felt the same. I've been studying now for almost two years and the experience has been divine. I wanted to take this time to encourage you to experience it for yourself......I truly believe you will not regret it. If you have any questions feel free to connect with me on my fb fan page "Choose Humanity". I wish you great success on your cultivation journey! Falun Dafa is Good!

Michael Lewis