Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 2012 Shift
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:51 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I keep hearing about a shift in consciousness that is supposed to take place in 2012. Would you care to share your viewpoint on this?

Thanks!
- Tish

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TishAnna,

Consciousness is fundamentally personal and individual. Group consciousness is just the vector sum over all the individual consciousnesses in the group. Shifts in consciousness must be earned -- they are the result of experience. Changes in individual consciousness occur from the inside out and are not imposed from the outside in. Similarly, growth in the quality of consciousness must be earned by an individual’s free will intent exercising right choice. Personal growth is not something that can be given to you or imposed upon you.

Now, if lots of people have a similar experience at about the same time; and if this experience results in many of those people raising or lowering the quality of their consciousness because the experience is a profound and life-changing one, then such a wide spread shift is theoretically possible. However, since what an experience means to an individual is defined more by the individual than by the experience, I wouldn't count on too many folks in PMR getting a major spiritual growth plus-up because of a single experience. It is more likely that even a mega-experience could do no more than give a lot of people a dramatic new awareness of reality, of the possibilities, but only a teeny-tiny infinitesimal bump up in consciousness quality -- a relative very few might get a little more than that. Experience is free, lunch is not.

Remember the future is only a probability and the expectation value of any possible happening can change. I tend to focus in the present moment, and let the future take care of itself.

Tom

Post subject: reply to your reply
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:22 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I totally agree with what you are saying. I don't see how everyone could shift all at once. As you said, spiritual growth is individual. Everyone is at their own level of growth. The only way I could see it happening is if some major catastrophic event were to take place, and everyone currently experiencing PMR were to experience the "illusion" of "physical death", and their focus would no longer be PMR. I had also heard speculation about the Homo Sapien race eventually being replaced by the Homo Illuminious race (not sure if I'm spelling it correctly), a race of beings of more light. It's interesting and has me curious, but as you say, I think it's best to keep focused on the present moment, because as you say, future events can always change, especially if they are far out into the future.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Shift
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here is an interesting and beautiful video concerning 2012. The voice is intense, but the message is all good, imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq31765e ... re=related
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-will-Happen-at-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uomBAV3f1Us Gregg Braden speaks about 2012, part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seJ72A9s ... re=related part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRQeIsfQ ... annel_page Gregg Braden on consciousness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWcF8eDEUnI Gregg Braden Interview - Something Big is About to Happen 1of4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snNM4ti7 ... =1&index=1 part 2 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFtU1rQD ... 3D&index=2 part 3 of 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXSjkuSJ ... 3D&index=3 part 4 of 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:00 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Gregg Braden is an interesting person
as is Tom Campbell

Looking at Gregg's bio I see he once worked for Martin Marietta Defense Systems
I believe Tom said he once worked for some other Defense contractor

curious similarity for two people that are now in the 'consciousness' business

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DanWyns wrote:
Gregg Braden is an interesting person
as is Tom Campbell

Looking at Gregg's bio I see he once worked for Martin Marietta Defense Systems
I believe Tom said he once worked for some other Defense contractor

curious similarity for two people that are now in the 'consciousness' business

Hmmm...

Curious indeed.

-Cole

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would say the commonality would be their analytical minds. There is a correlation between kids with autism and parents working in (having the type of mind that supports working in) highly technical fields too. Besides that as they say, it's a small world...
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:45 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I'm just hoping they're not part of some grand mind control scheme of the Department of Defense ;-)

/kidding

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

All kidding aside I would look to religion and politics for grand mind control schemes, as I am learning because I am finally really looking. If anything, and I do realize your kidding aspect, Tom and others are trying to get more people to look for themselves and realize the control we have over our reality. Religion based on creating fear of death, and politics based on I think Greek ruler class thinking is how the masses are controlled, not technology, imo.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DanWyns wrote:
I'm just hoping they're not part of some grand mind control scheme of the Department of Defense ;-)

/kidding

Very interesting... We should always keep possibilities like this open, in my opinion. The "powers that be" on planet Earth, in this "PMR"... are just too clever to under-estimate... no matter how much we may want to.

That said... I've probably just been black listed :)

Cole

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Unless you're an actual digital bot (don't you just love it?) spewing useless bits of data all over the place, I've never seen a blacklist or removal occur here. Anything is possible, it's all in the probabilities though.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
Unless you're an actual digital bot (don't you just love it?) spewing useless bits of data all over the place, I've never seen a blacklist or removal occur here. Anything is possible, it's all in the probabilities though.
Love
Bette

Well, although I was actually kidding when I made the comment about the "blacklist"- I wasn't referring to being 'removed' from this website- I meant more or less, the conspiracy theorists' "NSA Supercomputer Database: BLACK LIST" blacklist. But again- I was kidding.

.But who knows?
:)

Cole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've listened to Gregg Braden extensively. He's a New Ager through and through. He's about as analytical as a billy goat's whiskers (2nd choice). I wouldn't trust his perceptions enough to read my own watch to tell me the time of day. On the positive side, people just love him. =) Big surprise, eh? He's full of stars and rainbows and consciousness raising loveliness. And he has a cool beard and wears his hair just right to indicate his guru ambiance, along with his turtle necks. Must be a great living traveling around, being paid to be listened to while you spill forth imaginative diatribes, fairy dust, writing books, doing interviews, and the whole time people are in awe of you because they know nothing about what you're talking about - not even enough to know that you know nothing about what you're talking about. Great work, if you can get it. Does it come with chicks?

No, Braden is a lump of sandstone, and Campbell is a real gem stone. Good analogy. That's how they compare. My opinion? True. Just my rather well studied, well educated opinion. That kind counts more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Roland wrote:
I've listened to Gregg Braden extensively. He's a New Ager through and through. He's about as analytical as a billy goat's whiskers (2nd choice). I wouldn't trust his perceptions enough to read my own watch to tell me the time of day. On the positive side, people just love him. =) Big surprise, eh? He's full of stars and rainbows and consciousness raising loveliness. And he has a cool beard and wears his hair just right to indicate his guru ambiance, along with his turtle necks. Must be a great living traveling around, being paid to be listened to while you spill forth imaginative diatribes, fairy dust, writing books, doing interviews, and the whole time people are in awe of you because they know nothing about what you're talking about - not even enough to know that you know nothing about what you're talking about. Great work, if you can get it. Does it come with chicks?

No, Braden is a lump of sandstone, and Campbell is a real gem stone. Good analogy. That's how they compare. My opinion? True. Just my rather well studied, well educated opinion. That kind counts more.

Just to play devil's advocate here...

My motto to live by lately has been..."Beauty often fools those who don't truly see..." Now, when I think of the phrase, I remember that every perception contains a gem within it. Each of us is (no matter how much we may hate to admit it) a part of each other, and no one is more or less important than anyone or anything else. Something drives Braden to do what he does. Maybe there is some ego-gratification, but that's to be expected- especially in a society that stresses ego-cultivation, and is built upon (what I'd call) competitive individuality. You pretty much have to have some "egoic" vibe about you to be taken seriously- at least by most of the "Pop-Scientific" establishment. But the point to me- is that, if Braden helps people to start thinking outside the little box of cultural conditioning they've (potentially) been living in- great! Right?

And I don't know if you've seen Tom (yes, I know you have) but he has a pretty cool beard too... So....

:)

Cole

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next