Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom will be on Rob McConnell's X-Zone Radio tonight (7-24-09) at 10PM Eastern. This is a last minute notice because this all came together firmly in the last hour.

I hope many of you can listen in.

Ramon

http://www.xzonetv.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the heads up Ramon :-)

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Peter,

Glad someone caught the notice in time. I hope you are able to enjoy the show!

Ramon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh our AUM, I wanted to come through the screen and open Rob's mind up. It is good practice though, probably more irritating to me than it was to Tom, I imagine anyway.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom is gifted with supernatural patience in my opinion. The interviewer was terrible. I was surprised because the first time Tom was on the show it was good except for all of the commercial breaks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes Rob was a goose. He didn't do any good for 'his' show tonight with Tom.

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I missed the show. What made the interviwer bad? Was it his selection of questions?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

He seemed condescending and possessed an unusual amount of what I call false pride, I've had "actual" false pride therapy in a recovery house in 1977 or 78. He was stuck in his belief system, whatever that is, perhaps materialism, and I am judgemental. I got a mighty jolt of "oh no you didn't" towards the end when he, Rob, got defensive of the amount of work he put in to get where he is materially and emotionally today when considering the VR model, it seemed. The table may always be a table for him, unless he has some really good useful dreams tonight, or sometime at least. He wanted to know what good MBT is, it doesn't feed starving people, kind of like my daughter wanting to know what good money is when she was 8, because you couldn't eat it, but he is an adult. I don't know if he would have grasped the concept of having organized enough data to "get" MBT allowing one to live a more meaningful life that could lead to feeding starving people, changing everything without changing anything at all. Once, or if, one gets it, MBT, for me anyway, everything just makes so much more sense, and has so much more meaning. Meaning changes when MBT is apperceived, organized with current understandings to allow the bigger reality in. Quality of Consciousness evolving towards love is the most useful information I have ever received, I wish everyone could get it, but understand that isn't very probable for now. He did irritate me, but I am starting to get over it, after writing this. Thanks for asking vestal.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
He wanted to know what good MBT is, it doesn't feed starving people, kind of like my daughter wanting to know what good money is when she was 8, because you couldn't eat it,
Love
Bette

I liked that Bette, right on the 'money' IMO ( especially referring to an 8 year old )

After the show there was a conversation between Rob and his producer. It was supposed to be off air.
It sort of sums up where they are at ... http://g.ho.st/public/users/7KxKVJg30dI ... t.MP3.html

Experience is 'proof'.

Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As an example of how irrational Rob the host was being, he basically said that people were better off 500 years ago without all of the scientific progress we have made since then. This included LESS POVERTY THAN TODAY! DO WHAT?!?! I was happy Tom called him out on that one. It was mostly poverty with a small minority actually having anything and an average lifetime of about 40 years.

From when they first came on air, there was a leak of some kind that allowed us to hear what they were saying off air. Very disrespectful. Then at the end of each break Rob would say how interesting Tom's theory was and then, once the interview resumed, would attempt to goad Tom into endless arguments about why Tom's theory didn't make sense. He was using little picture logic and became very defensive. It was obvious he didn't understand the material at all. I don't think it worked as he expected from what everyone is saying. Rob came off looking bad, not Tom in my opinion. Like I said earlier, Tom impressed me with the amount of patience he showed in the interview. Not that I expected any less.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

RamonThompson wrote:
Like I said earlier, Tom impressed me with the amount of patience he showed in the interview. Not that I expected any less.

This is probably because Tom has stripped himself of the ego, and he has nothing to be defensive about. It also shows how confident and secure Tom is in his own beliefs.

Out of all of the interviers I've heard so far , George Norry is the best (in my opinion)
I like his set of questions.

Hopefully This will be the last interview Tom will do for Rob.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi All,

The first interview with Rob Mcconell was very good so this was a bit of a surprise. Either I or Peter or maybe somebody else will be posting the whole interview shortly. What made this interview "bad" is that the interviewer lost it and started to attack Tom and then would not allow for a full response. McConell was full of grandiosity, personal pain and ego fear and all over the place.

Tom was a saint, on the matter of fact his composure and demeanor is a good example for all of us, especially if we ever encounter anything similar. This was not an interview, nor was it a debate of any sorts. McConell's behavior was that of a scared child who lacks any kind of awareness of his own issues. Maybe his ratings are slipping, maybe he wants out of his contract, maybe he has been drinking, maybe he is guilt ridden as it relates to his own christian roots, maybe it's all of the above and then some, who knows and does it really matter?

If any of us need an example in what it's like when a high entropy being is conversing with a low entropy being, this is interview is a damn good case study.

Let me put it this way, McConell was so out of control, bonkers and unprofessional that he left himself with no ground to stand on. Even if he had any points to make they where lost within the dynamic of his behavior.

ubik

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you for that clip Peter, good job capturing it. That is what I am getting too, from letter's to the editor and my daughter, that this model is religion. I'm starting to just say fine, call it that if you want (this sort of mirrors the producers comment on MBT, doesn't it?), to them but I really have a strong distrust of religion and that is my resistance or repulsion to this, MBT, being put with that, if you know what I mean. MBT isn't going to start wars and divide people like religion does, any religion. There is no god in MBT, just more organized love, at the level we cannot know. This is how I have organized it to fit, if someone requires a god concept then MBT has it in AUO as the unknown and probably unknowable requirement. I think the main point is that MBT isn't a religion though as a model it can replace religion in those having enough contradictory experience with religion, this is probably where the big fear in people comes from, in my opinion.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Did Rob say whether or not even even read MBT? Because perhaps if he read the book, he would have a much better understanding of Tom's theory.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

vestal wrote:
Did Rob say whether or not even even read MBT? Because perhaps if he read the book, he would have a much better understanding of Tom's theory.
I've been thinking about this too. I am thinking a video of the London lecture, until a new one comes out, should be sent as "suggested viewing" before any interviews. It seems like an interviewer would automatically want to learn about his upcoming guest in order to be able to ask useful questions, that it would be a sign of a quality interviewer.
Love
Bette