Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri May 06, 2016 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom shares his unique abilities with the participants by providing advice on preparing for consciousness exploration.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Linda, thank you for posting this video.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A woman at the end in the Q&A pretty much spelled out that she thinks she may be a part of the problem rather than part of the solution. The way she is describing it certainly seems like that's a possibility. Yet Tom goes on to say that she shouldn't think of herself as part of the problem. Not to worry, she will get there eventually. That may be true, but how does it help her to tell her she's part of the solution when she may not be? He even states a few times in his book that we are either part of the solution or part of the problem. As a matter of fact, he even goes so far as to state that all or most of us may be a part of the problem:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because you can't just tell someone to evolve and then the do. Consciousness evolution is a long term process. That she is asking the question may be progress for her. As Tom said, it may take her a few lifetimes to really get some traction. The reason most of us are more on the side of the problem, rather than on the side of the solution, is that we are average level kindergartners.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So obviously she needs to evolve, as we all do. But isn't telling her she's part of the solution potentially misleading? We have to work to evolve. She already doesn't want to work to evolve. Now, couldn't she just justify that lack of work ethic by saying "It's all O.K. now, because Tom Campbell told me that i'm still part of the solution even though I don't want to work at being part of the solution."?

Ah, perhaps it's the fact that she does "beat herself up" about it at times that he is talking about. That she at some level does understand that she is on the wrong track, therefore she will eventually get on the right one.

Whereas someone who said something similar and didn't beat themselves up about it or feel bad at all about being on the negative path would definitively be more of a part of the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've never seen Tom pass judgment on anyone. He sees the bigger picture. She has to figure things out for herself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote:
I've never seen Tom pass judgment on anyone.

Not specifically. He does make many general statements about large groups, namely us humans. That's pretty much the reason for writing MBT in the first place. He judges that humanity is in a place where it needs more help.

It could be said that the woman is probably inviting judgement from Tom if not outright asking for it, when she puts her situation out there like that. Maybe he's not comfortable judging even then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't think that Tom made any judgement that this PMR needs more help. I imagine it is more a plan coming from The Big Cheese, or even some consciousnesses above him. From time to time teachers have always been in contact with inhabitants of this PMR to aid in consciousness evolution. It is probably the same for many PMRs. Tom says he had a lot of training in NPMR before incarnating with this task.

I think the woman wants a kick in the pants or some kind of reassurance. She is probably just in a little life hiatus right now. Circumstances usually jolt you out of that one way or the other. I don't think Tom is ever compelled to judge anyone. It isn't in his makeup. Judging is a part of ego, and he doesn't have that kind of ego.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury wrote:
I don't think that Tom made any judgement that this PMR needs more help. I imagine it is more a plan coming from The Big Cheese, or even some consciousnesses above him. From time to time teachers have always been in contact with inhabitants of this PMR to aid in consciousness evolution. It is probably the same for many PMRs. Tom says he had a lot of training in NPMR before incarnating with this task.

Well...someone had to come to the conclusion that we needed aid. We must only need aid because we appear to be struggling on the path at the moment...otherwise we wouldn't need aid right? So if Tom didn't make that judgement, some consciousness even more evolved than himself did. I think we're coming from the standpoint that all judgement is bad. I don't think that's true. You can judge whether or not it's wise to jump off a ledge based on how far of a drop it is. Judgement may have its roots in ego, but neither does Tom say that ego is always bad. It's when we serve the ego rather than it serving us that is bad. It seems to me that judgement coming from ego can be moderated by either fear or love. So maybe Tom himself really is not making any judgements about humanity or anyone in particular. But someone had to, so that the plan could get rolling.

Quote:
I think the woman wants a kick in the pants or some kind of reassurance. She is probably just in a little life hiatus right now. Circumstances usually jolt you out of that one way or the other. I don't think Tom is ever compelled to judge anyone. It isn't in his makeup. Judging is a part of ego, and he doesn't have that kind of ego.

Agreed. I think we can chock Tom's answer up to probably being the best overall way to help and encourage that woman, rather than contribute to what appears to be her own self induced fear cycle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom has explained before that the MBT project originated at high levels in OS which basically means, TBC. Tom as his total self, IUOC, NPMR and his PMR incarnations has been involved for some time. Remember that Tom was the protege of the present Big Cheese before he was appointed to that position as TBC.

It is clear to me that while Tom first thought about this, as explained to him in NPMR at first, as a project to create a paradigm shift for science, there is much more involved in a much broader project involving many more individuals and aspects, both in science and in society in general. We are entering a Nexus as I have explained before and in broad terms, it appears that the general aim of this project is to get as many of us as possible through this Nexus with PMR functioning as best possible into the future. So there are scientific aspects, ecological aspects, spiritual aspects and even political aspects to the project in total.

Many are 'nudged' to advance different aspects of the total project. Just being attracted to the project as Tom teaches it is an indication that you are more part of the solution than the problem.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted Vollers wrote:
Many are 'nudged' to advance different aspects of the total project. Just being attracted to the project as Tom teaches it is an indication that you are more part of the solution than the problem.

Ted

That makes sense.