My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 547 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5
Hi Tom. Few possible questions if possible.
1) Where we all dinosaurs over the billions of years? If so, is this where ego and fear developed? When and why did ego and fear develop into something that needed to be overcome? How did love factor into the equations back then as predators?

2) Do we have any ego/fear in NPMR? Or is that mostly a PMR thing serving as the life challenges?

3) In terms of your key learnings, can you enumerate some of the explicit truths you where told and by who. A few stories would be very interesting.

4) What are Teachers up to these days? It seems there are many entity channels these days. Can you enumerate any of the channels today that are actually real (e.g. Bashar, Abraham-Hicks, etc)? Seems like there is a lot of spiritual momentum these days on many different fronts (books, videos, et al). Some say this is intentional, vibrations are aligning, etc. Can you speak to any of this as having some truth or not?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:31 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I would be interested in hearing a bit more information on the interaction between the larger consciousness system(LCS) and with individuated units of consciousness (IUC) in regards to what appears to me to be some form of intermediate level of interaction or middle management in the process. For example, if my wilted memory serves me, Tom has previously referred to being restricted to further exploring of other realities when he was a child by other IUCs that were outside of our reality. Another example is when you die and during the transition you are greeted by 'someone' or ''something' or another IUC? that helps you thru the reality transfer process. Is Tom indicating that there is some form of 'governing body of IUCs' who are responsible for the management of the general populace of IUCs? I am trying to understand if there is some form of hierarchy with IUCs and if so, what control measures does the LCS have in place to prevent abuse of power or influence (i.e. one IUC dictating to another IUC what it can or cannot do). Another consideration could be is that the LCS provides the illusion that there is the middle management system in place, where in fact, the LCS calls all the shots, big and small and does not need any middle management process. I probably have not been able to articulate my thoughts as clear as I would have liked to, but perhaps another analogy would be to use the traditional Christian viewpoint of using 'angels' to represent this transitional connection between IUCs and the LCS...that is if there even is one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:53 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Nature of feelings of energetic sensation within PMR

I wonder what the nature of feelings of energetic sensation within the physical body is.
Tom described chakras always being just metaphors.
My own experiences include vibrational or "energetic" sensations that someone can feel for example with his hands, or at the top of the head.

So what is the link between the "raw data" and feelings of "energetic sensations"?

Occasionally, when I tried to heal somebody, being in an meditative state, I had been able to let this "energy" flow through the hands to the receiving person. This "energetic transfer" occured very naturally and without any effort, it just happened. It felt like no focused intent had been applied.
The receiving person said, there was definitely something going on.

Is this real?
How does it work?

Cheers!
Jan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:35 pm 

What is the best way to deal with grief? How can it help one grow when the pain from it can be so constant and enveloping?

Warmly,

Sidney

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grief can be complicated, but the cure for it may be to accept the uncertainty of the virtual reality. There is very little we can control in a probabilistic reality. That information can be very unnerving to those who want certainties. The person who has left will do a life review and start over again. Transitions of all sorts are unique opportunities for growth.

I made a bit of jump up the ladder as a result of my sister's death. It took me some years, but now I am so grateful for the lessons.

Grief about other things such as health or injury follow the same rules. Acceptance and looking at the situation as an opportunity is the way forward.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 pm 

It's not the uncertainty that concerns me. It's dealing with the pain of loss despite knowing that the person who left is doing their own work to move on. Missing someone hurts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Entities don't really go anywhere. We are all part of the LCS. We are rendered a data stream which we think of as our "real" life. When an IUOC no longer gets the PMR data stream they are still a part of the LCS. Accepting change gracefully, and letting go of wanting to control your environment, is part of growing up. It certainly is a challenge sometimes. I'm not saying it is easy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sidney,

If you understand the things that Tom teaches, then you know that those persons, in reality as they are, still exist and you can communicate with them as I have mentioned on the board several times. I have an ongoing discussion with Richard Plant, explaining this to him now. You must put some effort into this communication, develop your ability to meditate and communicate during meditation. If they are willing and you put in the effort, you can communicate with those who have left before you do. But they can't provided the things that you might have felt you needed from them any more. Just know that they are moving on to other things and that they are doing fine if they don't let you know this directly. Whatever their relationship to and with you, realize that they have had hundreds, or even thousands, of such relationships before as have you. This is just one of many incarnations for you and for them and your recent past relationship will not continue. There may be a new and different one to come, if the two of you in NPMR agree to that.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

A short feedback to the people submitting question:

During yesterday's session Tom answered 10 of the posted questions from the forum. We will try to catch up with the rest during the next session on January 25.

The question by djtrainwreckx might be interesting but if you want a question answered, you have to find a way to summarize the key points of the article you refered to in a few sentences because of the q&a format we can not ask everybody to pause the video and read the article when this question comes up...

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:22 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Quote:
It's not the uncertainty that concerns me. It's dealing with the pain of loss despite knowing that the person who left is doing their own work to move on. Missing someone hurts.
Sidney,

I totally sympathize with you. I am sorry for your loss and pain.

Grieving is a natural part of loss. You love someone, share your life, happiness and sorrow, support each other and become a part of each other life. One day he or she is gone, and now you are facing loneliness and grieving about your loss.

As you said, you are not concern with the uncertainty, and I am not going to question it. Though the majority of us concern with the uncertainty day in and day out. It could be some small or important things, but this is a human nature to fight, be concern and afraid uncertainty. This is why we make all kind of plans, to escape uncertainty.

When someone is gone, and we continue our existence, our attachments to this person stay with us. If you can, you should examine your attachments. They are based on all kind of fears. And this fear makes us suffer more than anything else. Parting with attachments could be a long and uneasy process, but it can bring a positive result.

Sadness is not based on fear. Sadness is based on Love. We can love someone, see his/her problems and it makes us sad or very sad. Loss of our loved one can bring a lot of sadness, and it could be painful as well. When we are sad, we are concern about others, but when we are affected by our attachments, we are concern about ourself.

You should remember, that nobody is perfect. LCS is not perfect, and consequently NPMR and PMR are not perfect either. This is why we have so many problems, all us, nobody is excluded. Our main and only goal in any life is to learn about ourselves and others and improve ourselves. If we'd like to say it in MBT metaphors it will be - reduce entropy and become Love. That's it. Sounds simple enough, but we all know, how difficult it is to improve ourselves or reduce entropy.

Consider your grieving as a learning process, very difficult, but a necessary one for your growth. Unfortunately in a good time we are not interested in learning anything. Why to be bothered, when everything is good already? At the same time, a difficult time pushes us to find a solution, search and research for another answer, makes us to look into ourself and see why we are not happy, why this pain is not going away?

Don't blame yourself for your grieving. There is no standard how we should proceed with our loss.

Dr. Victor Frankl, a psychologist, in one of his books tells a story about one patient.

This patient was an elderly man who lost his wife to cancer a couple or years ago. They had a long good life together, and he could not accept, that she was gone. He had several sessions with Dr. Frankl, but his pain was not getting any better. One day Dr. Frankl asked this man - have you been a strong support to your wife in the most difficult times in your life? This man said, yes, he was stronger and had always supported his wife in the difficult times. Now, said Dr. Frankl, think about a reverse situation, when your wife would survived you and have to face alone the same kind of grieving, that you are going through. Would you wish her to go through this? Or is it better, that this is you, who are living now and having this pain of loss? Without any hesitation a man said, of course it is better, that I have to grieve now. She will be lost without me, and it would be horrible even to imaging this.

Next time this man came to Dr. Frankl's office he was feeling much better. He was able to look at his situation from a different perspective. He was not healed and continued his grieving, but a new point of view made it much easy for him.
Quote:
pp 111-115] We can discover this meaning of life in three different ways: (1) by creating a work or doing a deed; (2) by experiencing something or encountering someone; and (3) by the attitude we take toward unavoidable suffering. The first, by way of achievement or accomplishment, is quite obvious. The second and third need further elaboration.

The Meaning of Love

Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the essence of another human being unless he loves him. by his love he is enabled to see the essential traits and features of the beloved person; and even more, he sees that which is potential in him, which is not yet actualized but yet ought to be actualized. Furthermore, by his love, the loving person enables the beloved person to actualize these potentialities. By making him aware of what he can be and of what he should become, he makes these potentialities come true...

The third way of finding a meaning in life is by suffering.

The Meaning of Suffering

We must never forget that we may also find meaning in life even when confronted with a hopeless situation, when facing a fate that cannot be changed. For what then matters is to bear witness to the uniquely human potential at its best, which is to transform a personal tragedy into triumph, to turn one's predicament into a human achievement. When we are no longer able to change a situation--just think of an incurable disease such as inoperable cancer--we are challenged to change ourselves...

But let me make it perfectly clear that in no way is suffering necessary to find meaning. I only insist that meaning is possible even in spite of suffering--provided, certainly, that the suffering is unavoidable. If it were avoidable, however, the meaningful thing to do would be to remove its cause, be it psychological, biological or political...

There are situations in which one is cut off from the opportunity to do one's work or enjoy one's life; but what can never be ruled out is the unavoidability of suffering. In accepting this challenge to suffer bravely, life has a meaning up to the last moment, and it retains this meaning literally to the end. In other words, life's meaning is an unconditional one, for it even includes the potential meaning of unavoidable suffering...

[In Auschwitz] the question that beset me was, "Has all this suffering, all this dying around us, a meaning? For, if not, then ultimately there is no meaning to survival; for a life whose meaning depends on such a happenstance--as whether one escapes or not--ultimately would not be worth living at all."
http://www.amazon.com/Mans-Search-Meani ... 807014273/ Lena

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Anybody know when the Jan 4th session will be available?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:54 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Quote:
Anybody know when the Jan 4th session will be available?
Terry, it should be done this weekend... hopefully.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is lovely news!
Thank you so much Justin.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Justin, your efforts are greatly appreciated in this regard..

as a side note i also enjoy the way you have handled and conducted some of the previous Monthly
Fire side chat sessions. You add a lot to all of them my friend ..

thanks, Brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:49 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Heres a question:

If one is playing a computer game simulation, one accomplishes this and that in the game: builds things, develop your character's abilities, etc., but of course nothing really happens, its just a simulation. If really we, and all possible consciousness systems that were, are, or ever could be, are simulations "run" by AUO, then that which is accomplished in these simulations, i.e. entropy lowering, is only an illusion too, and nothing really happens either. Can you comment on this?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 547 Next