My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 547 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5
No matter what avatar we 'activate' in a VR or as we are part of AUM, we receive and respond to messages over the RWW which creates and represents our participation in the listed ways. Our activities within a VR are intended to lower our entropy and improve our QOC. This could be generalized, as to the effect of lowering entropy and improving QOC, as permitting us to provide better responses to those messages received over the RWW. These things are not illusions and there is a real result to be expected as described.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:14 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

sorry, i guess i wasnt clear: i meant "heres a question for the monthly fireside chat"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:52 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tom answered most questions asked so far with today's Fireside Chat session. Dante's question came in too late to make it but it'll be on the list for the next session on March 1st. Feel free to use the opportunity and post further questions. The recording from January 4th will be posted shortly, the recording from today probably towards the end of February.

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 pm 

Why we experience profound Déjà vu effects in our time in VR?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Tom, my question is related to brianwl's question - what the Hell is the purpose of psychopaths?

I've had to deal with these ultra low QoC individuals all my life. The closest analogy I can make is that they are like 'black holes' of self interest. They will suck every last bit of love, time, money, resources and energy out of a person. I've seen enough of them to realise that they seem to enjoy the destruction of good people with empathy. In many cases, such as torture, they seem to get a boost of energy from their destructive practices.

My research has indicated that about 6% of the human population are primary psychopaths with a larger percentage of the population being infected by their presence. They know they are different and recognise each other and network. I've watched this recognition and it is similar to the gay people having a 'gaydar' to recognise who's gay. You can watch them recognise a 'fellow path' as they react like they have met an old friend.

The only thing they seem to respect is a BIGGER psychopath. Which, it seems, is counter productive to developing a higher QoC. What role do these human avatar 'black holes' play in the scheme of things?
Upon searching for something else I ran across this.

Lisa: My question is very specific. How would you, and your BT, explain that ½ of 1%? How can the universe create people with a built-in desire to torture? How can a victim’s soul grow spiritually by being chained, beaten, stabbed, and raped, sometimes for months or years on end? At some point, doesn’t the universe say, “enough is enough?” These are really tough questions, and the best answers the experts can give seems to be "no one knows why." Please help me understand.

Tom: Such dysfunction is not one dimensional, there are many possible contributing factors. That it only happens to 1/2 of 1 % of the "bad guys" (a probability of 0.005 -- thus perhaps a probability of only 0.00005 within the general population) tells you that it is the result of an extremely unlikely combination of factors.

1) A large portion of our personality, how we interpret data, and what rings our bell (drives us to action, turns us on, upsets us, encourages our attitudes, set us off, piques our interest, captures our attention, makes us feel good or feel bad) is biologically influenced. A consciousness gets a body/brain that must exists and develop according to the PMR rule set. Within that physical process there is much randomness (notice 6 billion people and they are all different). There is interactive feedback between the environment and the body/brain -- each changing the other. The brain modifies how the entity interprets its reality while the environment causes the brain to modify itself in adaptation to the environment. In other words, the brain changes the perceived environment and the perceived environment [both experience based (love, trauma, fear, etc) and bio chemically based (drugs, pollution, food additives, allergens, glandular dysfunction, etc.) changes the functioning of the brain. Sometimes that randomness (which includes the possibility of combining just the wrong series of environment-brain interactions at just the wrong series of times) produces a dysfunctional being who has a much higher potential than normal to become a monster.

Bottom line: it is not just a corrosive environment that raises one’s potential to become a monster. The environment is usually not even the dominate influence. Environment, biology and chance conspire to only very occasionally produce a seriously elevated potential to become a monster. It is not surprising that some of these monsters come from what appears to be a very benign environment (at least it appears that way from a very coarse, after-the-fact examination that must necessarily miss (because of the passage of time) most of the important developmental detail). In fact, it would be very strange indeed if none of these monsters came from benign (good) environments.

2) The consciousness that inhabits the body/brain must work with what it gets from these random interactions -- once committed it is in for the duration of the experience packet -- however long or short that might be. If an entity gets dealt a bad hand by chance, then, all the more the challenge -- and at worse, hey, it’s not often you will draw a 1 in 20,000 card .... and it’s just one experience packet -- there are a thousand more of those where that one came from -- no big deal, just do the best you can with what you get, maybe next time you will get a piece of cake. In evaluating your score, the system allows for the difficulty of the game you are playing. You know, suck it up....cookies sometimes crumble.

Now a more evolved consciousness will be able to deal more effectively with the challenge -- it might be able to reprogram the brain and apply great inner strength to resist and nullify the dysfunctional proclivities that come with the body/brain. Unfortunately, because of the elementary school nature of PMR, highly evolved consciousnesses are a rare breed and with a little more bad luck (more of that chance we were talking about in 1 above) a real weak low life individuated unit of consciousness (already failing to learn or perhaps de-evolving in previous packets) happens to get connected with this high monster potential. The environment may actually be all peace and light but this ill prepared puppy is all but doomed to go bad no matter how much "guidance" and help it gets. That's free will and chance in the PMR game -- you gotta let it unravel however it does and do the best you can. Outside interference in the game once the game has started is a no-no. Rules are rules.

3) So the 0.00005 (1 in 20,000 of the general population) monster is loose -- what about the rest of us? The fact is, such a person generates lots of lessons for hundreds if not thousands of the rest of us as he leaves destruction in his wake. And what about those hurt or destroyed? The answer is just the other side of that same crumbling cookie the perpetrator had to accept. For highly developed consciousnesses there is a difficult but high gain lesson to maintain fearlessness and a loving, caring intent and turn the encounter with the monster into something positive in the big picture. [Because that is hard to imagine, here is an example: read Victor Frankel’s book, “Man’s Search For Meaning”. As a Jew in Auschwitz and other death-camps, he received an up close and personal encounter with a multitude of five star monsters as well as having to deal with the murder of his wife and family. He turned all that into a positive personal learning experience and eventually used that experience to help many others.]

For less evolved individuated units of consciousness, the trauma is mitigated to the extent possible by those in NPMR so as to minimize lasting effects. Again, keep in mind that this is just one experience packet among thousands and it fades to dream status very quickly under normal circumstances and even quicker than that under the help received in NPMR. Being terminated from PMR by some monster would be similar to waking up from a barely remembered nightmare. It would be a little inconvenient (a minor waste of time) if one’s experience packet was ended prematurely but, there’s always another. Just like the perpetrator, the victim must also accept that sometimes the cookie crumbles, suck up the misfortune of drawing a 1 in 20,000 card, and go on. Jeez, for crying out loud, it’s just a simulator for gaining experience. You are jarred to your bones by such a horrific tragedy because of your little picture PMR perspective -- which is good -- that's the perspective you are supposed to have while in PMR.

Now combine all three paragraphs in various amounts and degrees of each and you get a Big Picture of an unpleasant set of circumstances that must play themselves out because that is how PMR must work in order to be effective. After you have read all three books, this discussion will probably make more sense and be much clearer. Hope this helps.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3621&p=9099&hilit=s ... d%2C#p9099

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The January 4th Fireside Chat (part 1) is available to watch now on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDeL2wO ... ion-upload

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Juan,

That concept is at the core of what Tom teaches and is extensively discussed. The nature of Reality as the Larger Consciousness System (LCS) where The One Consciousness came into being and which at this stage of its development, Tom calls AUM. This is covered in Tom's books and on the Wiki and is discussed on the board in much shorter form and bits and pieces. We as IUOCs exist in the LCS, interconnected by the RWW, and in our Union are AUM. That Union is facilitated by the RWW. AUM provides Virtual Realities as places for us to be conscious within. We as IUOCs .....................................................

Ted
Ted I could understand Juan question but not a word of your answer !

its like a vicker answering a question by saying its in the bible and speaking like people spoke 2000 years ago and this goes right over peoples heads (with all due respect)

Let me try to anwser him even if my answer is wrong

Yes Juan the computer that hosts our virtual reality was built by a team of super 6th dimention computer developers who are working for a type of God but he is in the 7th dimention and no one knows where he came from.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I suggest then that you wait for Tom's answer and assure you that it will not match yours.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Linda, thanks for that link. The whole thread is quite good and I'm going to post a link to that thread in the psychopath thread I started.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Ted I could understand Juan question but not a word of your answer ! its like a vicker answering a question by saying its in the bible and speaking like people spoke 2000 years ago and this goes right over peoples heads (with all due respect) Let me try to answer him even if my answer is wrong.

Yes Juan the computer that hosts our virtual reality was built by a team of super 6th dimension computer developers who are working for a type of God but he is in the 7th dimension and no one knows where he came from.
If you are kidding it is kind of funny. If you are not you are lost.

In order to understand MBT (My Big TOE) you will have to learn the acronyms. There is no other way. Acronyms are a way of life. Try being in a hospital and wanting them not to use any acronyms.

You can find a list here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4134

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury

"If you are kidding it is kind of funny. If you are not you are lost."

Nope the misses read it too and said the same thing and could not see any answer to the question asked.

"Acronyms are a way of life"

I write software and come across them all the time but here they are taken to the exstream and i have no trouble on other forums but like quite a few software developers the price we pay for being logical is that most of us are dislexic so remembering names is not always easy

Juan question was not hard but seems to have been removed and he was asking if someone/thing outside the computer hosting these VR was controlling the computer so maybe you can give me an answer that I can understand please.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you spend the time to really try to understand the theory you will think of the concepts by way of the acronyms. Do you really think you could go into a medical environment and tell them that the shouldn't say RN, MD, IPO, MRI, etc.?
Quote:
Yes Juan the computer that hosts our virtual reality was built by a team of super 6th dimension computer developers who are working for a type of God but he is in the 7th dimension and no one knows where he came from.
This makes no sense in the MBT theory. There is no 6th dimension or 7th dimension computer developers.

Tom on a short version of MBT:
1). The only thing that is fundamental is consciousness – all else is virtual
2). Consciousness is a self modifying evolving digital information system
3). The consciousness system is finite and imperfect
4). Physical reality is a virtual reality
5). There are many virtual reality frames and we exist in several of them
6). Physical and non physical are not fundamental – it is only a matter of perspective.
7). Evolution criteria, Love, and spiritual growth are all defined in terms of entropy a measurable quantity
8). There are three data bases: The Probable Future data base; the past data base (all that did happen); and the data base of all the probabilities that might have happened but didn’t.
9). There is no such thing as an objective reality – all reality is interpreted. Light, energy, energy bodies, guides, chakras, oversoul, higher self, Reiki symbols, acupuncture technique, Ouija boards, pendulum oracles, I Ching, etc. are all metaphors/tools – consciousness is the only active ingredient.
10). The paranormal is perfectly normal
11). Quantum Mechanics is derivable from first principles
12). Physics and metaphysics become one understanding
13). Metaphysics, philosophy and theology all become transparent and one can easily see and derive the threads of Big Truth that run through them. These are just the tip of the iceberg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

InfinityIsNow, Sainbury posted while I was typing, but I'll add my comments as well.
Quote:
Juan question was not hard but seems to have been removed and he was asking if someone/thing outside the computer hosting these VR was controlling the computer so maybe you can give me an answer that I can understand please.
According to MBT:
Consciousness is fundamental. Everything else that you know to exists, exists within consciousness. All realities, physical, non-physical, out-of-body, dreams, etc. are virtual, experiential realities. The larger consciousness system is a digital information system. It began as a dim awareness with potential (analogous to the first cell). From there, it evolved to become what it is today - a complex system of information that is seeking even lower states of entropy. Everything that we know to exist - including us - exists as a result of that dim awareness evolving toward lower states of entropy.

What exists beyond that original dim awareness? Hard to say with any certainty. Is the larger consciousness system part of an even larger consciousness system? Maybe, maybe not. There is, as Tom explains, a limit to our knowledge. We can speculate, but must still graciously accept that there are some things beyond our level of knowing.

Terms like computer, hosting, runs, etc. are metaphors. There is not an actual computer running the VR. It "runs" within consciousness (a digital information system). Our virtual reality was set into motion with a basic set of rules. It was "allowed" to evolve until the conditions were right for chunks of consciousness to engage the reality as a learning lab (a means to lower entropy). Again, all of that takes place within the larger consciousness system.

All of these metaphors are used to describe something that, for the most part, eludes our language and is likely much more abstract in nature. The metaphors are used as close approximations. They should not be taken literally. So, there is not a being sitting behind a large computer pounding code on the keyboard and running our VR - not literally. Tom has explained that there are beings that help run things in various places, including our VR. However, I think it would be a misunderstanding to see them as "programmers." Instead, it would likely be more accurate to see them as more evolved beings helping the system (and thus themselves and the rest of us) evolve toward states of lower entropy.

The larger consciousness system is "driven" to evolved toward states of lower entropy. Thus, it will do what is necessary to ensure its own positive evolution. The alternative is to dissipate toward randomness and "die." The warm fuzzy in all of that is that love is the natural state of a low entropy consciousness. That is something that we should be able to observe in our own lives and in the lives of those around us - based on the everyday feedback.

The bottom line is that you really need to put in the effort to understand something before having a solid ground upon which to challenge it or expand it. Take some time to read the books or watch a full weekend lecture. Perhaps then you can make a more informed decision as to if MBT resonates with you and your personal experiences. Otherwise, it would seem that you are here primarily to talk about the fact that you write software and that you have a different view on the nature of reality. As I explained to you in the other thread, the MBT forum is different than most forums. It might help your interactions here and your ability to gather information if you take a look at "Tom Campbell's thoughts on this Bulletin Board" at this page:
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=8415

My Big TOE on google books (free digital version): http://books.google.com/books?id=RYHtBP ... &q&f=false

Tom Campbell in Calgary (lecture series):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... B17E5849A3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are we going to be using this same thread to collect questions for future fireside chats ?

.. if anyone knows,

thanks, Brian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:16 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi Brian (50),

Oliver posted this earlier, so i am guessing the answer is yes...
Quote:
Tom answered most questions asked so far with today's Fireside Chat session. Dante's question came in too late to make it but it'll be on the list for the next session on March 1st. Feel free to use the opportunity and post further questions. The recording from January 4th will be posted shortly, the recording from today probably towards the end of February.

Best regards
Oliver
~brian (6_1)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 547 Next