My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 47
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 am 

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5
Dear Tom,

I think a lot of people would benefit from some clarity on the issue of individual skill sets and how those are applied by the LCS to an IUOC.

To say that all we are is the the quality of our consciousness seems a little impersonal, and I'm sure that many people would like to define themselves as more than that. So, what about abilities and purpose within the social system? Does that change from lifetime to lifetime depending on what is needed? Or can we define ourselves by our always present and developing talents?

Also, are entities at a higher level providing specific support for that?

Thank you in advance and congratulations on the trilogy, it's very good.

From John from Scottish man, currently living in Thailand. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jock,

I suggest that you read about the personality types that Tom Campbell introduced to the board, stating that he was a Rational INTP Architect (of systems) which represents abilities to do the exact kind of scientific work that Tom has done in producing MBT and the kinds of exploratory scientific work and analysis that went into it. I test as an Idealist INFJ Counselor which have also typically been shamans and mystics and metaphysicians, but Tom has described me as having also the abilities to act as other personality types as Teachers, Healers and even a Rational Mastermind. These abilities aid me in doing what I do here on the board for Tom. If you read the paper I wrote on Personality Types which can be downloaded here: https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/bbc ... acd3f5189a you will find an analysis based on a book written by Dr. David Keirsey titled Please Understand Me II which gives descriptions of these personality types and their history of developing understanding going back to Aristotle.

These 'skill sets' are proclivities that continually develop within our IUOCs over many incarnations. Think of your IUOC as a digital brain that provides the core or base and original thought that experiences itself as your avatar in PMR. This is explained between my paper and this book. The book is available on the Internet, including as an ebook, and includes a test for your personality type. You might also find a web site where you can do the test for free, although Dr. Keirsey's site charges you now for the full results instead of just an introductory partial result which is free.

This above is likely to allow you to better understand what Tom Campbell will tell you in answer to your question.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1). It is unlikely you will stop incarnating in PMRs of some sort. There are PMRs where almost everyone is highly evolved and some where almost everybody is evil…. And many like ours in between those extremes. Because we are so self-centered and self-focused within our culture, we tend to think that consciousness evolution is only about us. If it were only about us, we might theoretically grow up and one day feel like we were done with PMRs – but even that is not so likely. There are over 7 billion people on this planet and how many do you think are perfect fearless beings of love? Only those, if there are any at all, would be exempt from needing to reincarnate in some PMR. How many such perfect beings does this planet of 7 billion “graduate” each year? Three of four? Maybe 5 a decade, maybe 10 in a millennia?

Being concerned about what happens after you are perfect is less rational than being concerned about our sun exploding and incinerating our planet. I think many of the people asking that question don’t like their big picture job of growing up – they find it difficult and uncomfortable – not something they want to do any longer than necessary. Of course, they feel that way because they are not very good at it and because they are self-focused (which is why they are not very good at it). They take some comfort in thinking about when it will end… when they will be finished…. surely it will end, won’t it? It would not be helpful to such people to tell them the end is nowhere in sight. Even worse to tell them there probably is no end. This would be news that would make their job harder and them less effective, not easier and more effective – i.e., it would do more harm to them than good.

A funny thing about the people who all come into the extreme PMR highly evolved. Many years ago I was sent there to do some research (part of my education and training). After a while these people with few meaningful challenges begin to de-evolve…. They begin to pick up fear and develop ego. You see, though they were highly evolved, they were not perfect, however, relative to where they came from (like our PMR) they were nearly so -- or so it seemed …. close enough to feel like they were done and wanted to go to the “I’m done” place despite guidance to the contrary. After they degenerate enough, it becomes clear to some of them that they made a poor choice and they go back to the old PMR at a entry point significantly below where they last exited.

Now, let’s go down the other more realistic path. Growing up is not just about you. It is also about the LCS decreasing its entropy. So as you get more highly evolved, you become more valuable to the system as someone who can help others grow by example, by teaching or leading, or by being part of larger “plans” by the LCS to help people help themselves. So until everyone is grown up, you still have a job. And since new IUOCs are constantly entering the system, and because old IUOCs grow so slowly, one need never be concerned about running out of useful things to do. After all, if what you do (your intent) is not about you (is love based), then it is about others so you are happy as a clam about helping others for as long as anyone needs help. The thought of getting out of the entropy reduction loop is ludicrous – why would anyone want to do that? Only a fearful ego could find this “happy clam” scenario a downer – which means almost everyone – so it is a good idea to just let this explanation go without mention since the great majority is completely unable to imagine or conceive of not being self-focused. To exist and be aware requires a focus on self-interest – the fear is that if you aren’t focused on yourself, you either won’t exist very long, or you will be taken advantage of or miss out on getting what you need and deserve.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8668&p=77545&hilit ... vil#p77545

2) Let me assure you that I have never run across any magic pills, charms, substances, crystals, drugs, chants, mediation techniques, books, associations, physical trauma or anything else that somehow automatically induces higher quality consciousness. If you don't earn it, it is not yours to keep. One may occasionally be induced to experience or perform certain psi phenomena, but that is pretty much useless in the big picture unless you also change who you are (grow up). In fact, it becomes counterproductive when induction of altered states and the experience of psi phenomena DIMINISHES or REPLACES the evolutionary goal of raising consciousness quality with the ego goal of shortcuts to cool experiences. The entropy of your consciousness does not decrease even a micro-smidgen because you had a cool psi experience. That’s going about it backwards and leads to nowhere important. If you decrease the entropy of your consciousness sufficiently, then cool psi experiences can become a quite ordinary and natural part of your everyday reality. Chasing shortcuts with too much energy and hopefulness often creates a longcut that is more likely to delay one’s progress than shorten it. Experiment all you want, just don't damage or hamstring yourself in the process, and don't get carried away like a compulsive gambler with your ego’s desires, wants, hopes, and expectations.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2370&p=2710&hilit=DRUGS#p2710

Technologies that throw open the door are not all that useful since the door is always available and unlocked anyway. If you can't find and open the door, then you are not ready to make good use of what lies on the other side of that door. In fact, random glimpses shoved down your throat by drugs are generally worse than useless. Such experiences, for a multitude of reasons, are many, many times more likely to inhibit your personal growth than boost it.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2728&p=3547&hilit=DRUGS#p3547

There are some drugs and other technologies that can force anyone into altered states and perhaps a very limited set of OOBE experiences. However, at best they are just experiences with little growth value -- like going to a movie that somehow seems profound but you can't quite put your finger on it. At worst they severely retard your ability to grow your consciousness.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2785&p=3971&hilit=DRUGS#p3971

It is not that awareness altering drugs can never produce valuable insights, they can, but rather that such drugs are much more likely to become a part of the problem than a part of the solution as you work toward your goal of evolving the quality of your consciousness. Their upside is infinitesimal in comparison to their downside. What constitutes an upside often appears, because of its suddenness, more valuable than it really is.

Drugs do not constitute a shortcut. Drugs do constitute a trap by encouraging you to believe in a phantom upside that does not exist while reducing your ability to precisely control the focus of your awareness. Your consciousness is like a precisely and subtly tuned tool - a delicate instrument - drugs interact with that instrument like a sledgehammer - detuning and increasing entropy in exchange for a random big bang.

The probability that you will derive some lasting benefit from a psychotropic drug is inversely proportional to the number of times you use such drugs. There is no free lunch - you only get to keep what you earn. If you have done 95% of the work, the drug may bump you over that last 5% and offer you an "ahh-haaa!" moment. But if you have done only 60 % of the work the drug will only make it harder and take longer for you to accomplish the last 40%.

Expecting drugs to deliver or aid in consciousness evolution is a fool's dream. Primitive societies, who know how to use psychotropic drugs to that end, are trapped at a low level of understanding, functionality, and awareness. You might think that would be better than no understanding, no functionality, and no awareness, but that constitutes a false choice. The price of "easy" is very high. Such people have no idea what they have given up for what they get. Like forgoing a high school, college, and graduate school education so one can spend all of one's time playing on a brightly painted jungle gym in a big sandbox. That will always appear to a 5 year old to be a cool choice. Because indulging in psychotropic drugs over time eliminates other options, it becomes more and more difficult to escape that particular sandbox. In terms of consciousness evolution, a 50 year old stuck in a kindergarten sandbox may be completely normal for our drug saturated culture (both legal and illegal, common and uncommon), but it is sad just the same.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3102&p=7843&hilit=DRUGS#p7843

3) Why would he when he already has access to many data streams. And LSD can really mess up your brain. I know this from personal experience of doing it a lot in my teens. It took many years for my brain to normalize.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

1) The ruleset of the planet allows for procreation up to whatever can be sustained. An FWAU will attach to any vehicle provided.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Firstly thanks for helpful insight in the past.

Tom defines our virtual physical brains as what defines the constraints of what our consciousness can perceive. This thus serves as a limiting factor to dampen our experience into the predictable patterns of PMR causality.
Elon Musk has founded a company called Neuralink - of whose primary objective is to develop a high bandwidth brain-machine interface.
Supposing that the interface worked and a larger system could be established connecting human brains with AI, then would this provide greater possibilities in terms of evolutionary potential for the unification of two types of consciousness or would this more likely be used to control and subvert masses of people?
It is very difficult to establish the intent and motives of such individuals, but is it possible to shed light on the subject - unless this has been answered before somewhere and I have missed it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Tom defines our virtual physical brains as what defines the constraints of what our consciousness can perceive. This thus serves as a limiting factor to dampen our experience into the predictable patterns of PMR causality.
Just a little correction, the brain is just the constraint into how you access the data stream. It isn't to dampen anything. I don't know what you mean by "the predictable patterns of PMR causality."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry, I just mean the rules of physics that make life here fairly predictable in which one action leads to a typical outcome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our many questions. I always appreciate it. I have two that I've been mulling over, and I could really use your insight on them. (They are listed in order of importance, so, if you have time to answer only one, could you take the first one?)

1) A rare but recurring motif in my dreams is that I'm being bitten by a poisonous snake. The experience is vivid enough for me to wake up (into PMR) from the bite. Now, in view of the idea that one should remove fears at the being-level, how should I deal with the snake the next time it tries to sink its fangs into me? It seems like a good opportunity to remove some fear, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on doing this vis-a-vis the dream-snakes. I don't want to just sit there and let them bite me (as such would seem to be training to passively allow harmful things to happen to me), but nor do I want to be fearful of them. How can I prepare myself to meet them next?

2) In an OBE a couple of weeks ago, a handful of bodiless entities administered "Program 47" to me; that is what I heard them call it. ("Give him Program 47," they agreed amongst themselves.) I understood what this program was meant to do -- it was a type of healing program -- so my question is not about the program itself, but about how standard such a thing might be. Is there a standard set of "programs" that are (or can be) administered to help us or teach us? For example, if someone were administered "Program 31" during an OBE, could another person go into NPMR and get that same program by name? I remember how the NPMR "tests" that you described in your MBT Trilogy seemed to be standardized, and were administered both to you and to Bob Monroe. I am wondering if there exist "programs" that are also standardized, and thus, in principle, accessible to more than one IUOC. If so, what do these programs do? And who designed them?

Thank you, Tom!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our many questions. I always appreciate it. I have two that I've been mulling over, and I could really use your insight on them. (They are listed in order of importance, so, if you have time to answer only one, could you take the first one?)

1) A rare but recurring motif in my dreams is that I'm being bitten by a poisonous snake. The experience is vivid enough for me to wake up (into PMR) from the bite. Now, in view of the idea that one should remove fears at the being-level, how should I deal with the snake the next time it tries to sink its fangs into me? It seems like a good opportunity to remove some fear, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on doing this vis-a-vis the dream-snakes. I don't want to just sit there and let them bite me (as such would seem to be training to passively allow harmful things to happen to me), but nor do I want to be fearful of them. How can I prepare myself to meet them next?

2) In an OBE a couple of weeks ago, a handful of bodiless entities administered "Program 47" to me; that is what I heard them call it. ("Give him Program 47," they agreed amongst themselves.) I understood what this program was meant to do -- it was a type of healing program -- so my question is not about the program itself, but about how standard such a thing might be. Is there a standard set of "programs" that are (or can be) administered to help us or teach us? For example, if someone were administered "Program 31" during an OBE, could another person go into NPMR and get that same program by name? I remember how the NPMR "tests" that you described in your MBT Trilogy seemed to be standardized, and were administered both to you and to Bob Monroe. I am wondering if there exist "programs" that are also standardized, and thus, in principle, accessible to more than one IUOC. If so, what do these programs do? And who designed them?

Thank you, Tom!

Do you know how to handle snakes in real life? If not, maybe learn about handling poisoness snakes? Maybe go to the zoo and ask if you can pet some for their snakes in attempt to conquer your fears?

I don't know if there's any standard program which can be administered, but I'd guess it, to likely be so.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 699 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 47