My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 738 posts ]  Go to page Previous 145 46 47 48 49 50 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5
Quote:
Thanks for your reply, VirtualBrain :)

Well, I am trying to reach such deep meditation states that would allow me to do the same kind of exploration as Tom. But I am not very good at it yet. Maybe sometime in the future.

I wish you all the best, too!
Good! :) It's important to remember that what you get and how you get it is by way of your intent. Both your intent at the PMR level, but most importantly at your soul or IUOC level. Intent at the different levels are not always the same and your "highest" or "base"(depending on how you want to look at it) level always has the final say because it is more of who you are than you are. You could say that your IUOC exists outside of your PMR decision space. So it's best to not have any expectations about what your going to get and how you get it, but in the big picture and in the long run you will ALWAYS get exactly what you need and when you need it.

Remember that flying around in the non-physical may be fun but it is not what's important, and it's unnecessary for the purpose of your evolution, and it may become a distraction. All you really need to do is to have the intent to understand and then ALLOW things to unfold the way they do. Try not to expect or desire your experience to be the same or even similar to the experiences of others. After all, the whole purpose of "The One" forming the perception of itself as "The Many" is to have variety of experience and to know itself from All points of view.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thank you for the information, VirtualBrain! It is very valuable indeed. If I ever manage to reach those states of mind I will most certainly consider it. But I guess for me this road is long...

It is certainly discomforting to know that in such places (NPMR), the mere intent will decide what you will get. I hope that i will not have some disturbing experiences.

Still my curiosity and fascination seems to be stronger than my abstract fear of such exploration journeys. For now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thank you for the information, VirtualBrain! It is very valuable indeed. If I ever manage to reach those states of mind I will most certainly consider it. But I guess for me this road is long...

It is certainly discomforting to know that in such places (NPMR), the mere intent will decide what you will get. I hope that i will not have some disturbing experiences.

Still my curiosity and fascination seems to be stronger than my abstract fear of such exploration journeys. For now.
Your welcome, but you don't really need to reach any particular state of mind, all states of mind are just that, states of mind. You are defining yourself as your mind, when you create a definition about something...So It Shall Be. Wether you know it or not you are more than your mind. You Create, what you believe. Why limit yourself? The road is long if you define it to be so. Is your internet to travel a long road? If so, to where?

You may define your ability to create yourself as discomforting if you wish but it works this way in any and every reference frame you are capable of finding yourself. Some, such as PMR can to seem to take a long time. Others seem to produce instantaneous manifestation. The amount of perceived time is irrelevant. You ARE creating your experience, through your intent, with your definitions, your beliefs, everywhere and always, forever. If you have Joyous experiences or Disturbing experiences it is always YOU who is experiencing and defining the experience.

Defining yourself as curious and fascinated are relatively positive definitions. Stay with the positive point of view as often as you find useful, and as long as it serves your intent.

So the question is. Who are you and what is your intent?

Know Thy Self! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dear Tom,

At the time of my writing of the following questions, I've studied your work for a little over two years. Understanding MBT has improved my life very much, and I can only be grateful for your sharing of this astonishing body of work. Thank you for publishing your MBT trilogy and for the hundreds of hours of YouTube videos you've made available to the public.

To find MBT was, for me, a long and difficult process. In searching for a spiritual path, I made many mistakes. I got caught in belief-traps and did some very stupid things. In my next incarnation, I'd like to again find MBT (or whatever its equivalent name might be in other reality-frames), but I'd like to find it sooner than I have in this incarnation. Is it possible for me to "plan" my next incarnation such that I would find MBT quickly in it? If so, how can this be done?

Now, assuming this is possible, is it advisable? For example, would there be some good reason to incarnate into a reality in which I wouldn't or couldn't find MBT? What might some of those reasons be, if they exist?

Finally, among reality-frames, how common is knowledge of MBT? (Is the knowledge rare? abundant? somewhere in between?)

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
It is certainly discomforting to know that in such places (NPMR), the mere intent will decide what you will get. I hope that i will not have some disturbing experiences. Still my curiosity and fascination seems to be stronger than my abstract fear of such exploration journeys. For now.
It is very common to get some fear tests when you start exploring NPMR. And so there are some stories of very scary experiences. The idea is if you are still carrying so much fear, you have no business being out there, (so to speak.) So, if you travel - travel fearlessly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Fear tests feel more like lighthearted pranks as the fear is being resolved.

Last edited by ch79 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom - the more that I am connected with the larger reality, the more I become aware of the significance and my deep appreciation for my physical life. Something illustrates and reminds me that this reality experience is actually very special from a higher and broader perspective, in ways that were previously outside of my imagination.

Previously I experienced PMR and my life in it as way too normal and non-special. But though I experienced most of my life that way; now when I occasionally manage to connect with this higher perspective, and I focus upon those same memories, they appear much more rich and significant than they probably actually were experienced by me at the time.
Q1) I'd like more clarification on what is occurring here. Am I experiencing the contrast created by becoming aware of vastly different realities/perspectives, or is it more?

I now find it scary to imagine if the LCS never evolved Earth. Many important experiences that we take for granted would just be completely missing. Even basic things such as having eyes and vision.
Q2) Do you feel the same?

Q3) And would it be wrong if everyone were to receive a taste of that perspective at some point in their life - just enough for them to consider that life is more than unenthusiastically dragging yourself around on a sphere?

Last edited by ch79 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:58 pm 

Dear Tom,

1) Have you ever listened to Eckart Tolle? His teachings seem to dovetail so completely with yours! While you represent -for me at least- the pinnacle of scientific understanding into spirituality, Eckart perfectly complements your teachings by delving more deeply into identifying & dealing with entropy on a practical day to day level. I believe BOTH of you two to be among the most advanced spiritual teachers that humanity currently enjoys. One picks up where the other leaves off so PERFECTLY! I would L-O-V-E to see you do a chat video together with Eckart and I believe it would be greatly beneficial to many, many others as well!

2) In our PMR it seems that VISION is the most powerful and pervasive of the 5 senses we possess (save, of course, for the visually impaired). In OTHER PMR's does this fact still apply? Additionally, are MORE than 5 senses possible in other PMR's and if so, what might such additional senses be like?

3) Have you ever read the Bhagavad Gita? Your Big TOE seems to confirm practically everything in most of its teachings, albeit using different metaphors for the same things. This thought leads to my question: were ancient cultures more 'enlightened' than us, that is to say was THEIR Big TOE back then bigger than ours collectively as a race? If it was, how did we lose it?

4) Let's say that one feels from both a being level and an intellectual level that he or she is wholeheartedly ready & willing to cooperate with the LCS as per your Big TOE. Let's say that same person wants to somehow communicate with the LCS -in whichever way possible- so as to facilitate the cooperation. Is such a thing possible and if so, what forms could such communication take or be expressed as?

5) Now that you've ruined sugar for me (just kidding!) is there anything ELSE that I should know to avoid food-wise in order to have an OOBE? I have had only ONE conscious OOBE in my entire life over 3 decades ago (it was a doozie with 360 degree vision!) and have since been unable to reproduce it. Either the LCS has purposely locked me out for some reason OR that pesky sugar must be doing it!

May God bless you and if there is no God then *I* bless you!

Thanks !!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:20 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi, now and then I meet people who need feedback to their actions that they probably will find unpleasant. Before I stumbled over mbt I often used to give feedback that was depending on how much my ego flared up in a microsecond or two. Of course this resulted in feedback that was way too much and the total entropy got much higher than before the feedback, to use mbt terms :D.

This was just me being authentic, but after I found mbt I have tried to adjust my reaction to stuff that annoys me, mostly by using my intellect and ignoring my ego.
I know that what annoys me is mostly dependant on my fear and ego, but sometimes people do stuff that 99% of the worlds population would say is simply wrong, and it would be wrong to just ignore it to keep the entropy low in the short term. Do we just walk away and let the police or other capable persons step in after a while and do the dirty work?

I guess my question is: what is the appropriate amount of negative (and positive) feedback? Do you Tom let people rip you off at the garage and charge you 5 times the correct amount for service on your car because they think you are an old ignorant guy (haha, what a mistake) ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom would be able to give better answers to these questions than I could, but to try to lighten his burden, I will attempt some answers.

Quote:
This thought leads to my question: were ancient cultures more 'enlightened' than us, that is to say was THEIR Big TOE back then bigger than ours collectively as a race? If it was, how did we lose it?
I don't recall Tom talking about ancient cultures much, but from my other studies, yes, some ancient cultures were in some ways significantly more advanced than our present-day cultures. Many stonework structures of the ancients are still a mystery to us, for example. We don't know how they were built with such precision as they were; to replicate their architecture would be very difficult, or even impossible, with the equipment and knowledge we have today.

As I understand it, a lot of knowledge was lost in the last Earth-cataclysm, when a series of comet fragments hit the North American continent about 12,000 - 13,000 years ago. Many cultures and peoples died. Only the more primitive societies were able to make it through these very difficult times. Some advanced knowledge was able to be passed to them and preserved by them, but not much.... As time went on, more and more of the ancient knowledge was lost or corrupted.

You may wish to conduct research on the archaeological sites Göbekli Tepe and Gunung Padang. Saksaywaman is another site to look into.

Quote:
4) Let's say that one feels from both a being level and an intellectual level that he or she is wholeheartedly ready & willing to cooperate with the LCS as per your Big TOE. Let's say that same person wants to somehow communicate with the LCS -in whichever way possible- so as to facilitate the cooperation. Is such a thing possible and if so, what forms could such communication take or be expressed as?
Yes. You can get nudges delivered via intuition, you can get messages/teachings in dreams (lucid or not), and more. In all cases, however, you must think and decide for yourself. Maintain open-minded skepticism. If you become overly dependent on the LCS for your day-to-day living, trusting it blindly, you can expect that it will start to feed you misinformation -- not out of malice, but because your growth would be harmed if you were to stop thinking for yourself and making your own choices.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Before I stumbled over mbt I often used to give feedback that was depending on how much my ego flared up in a microsecond or two. Of course this resulted in feedback that was way too much and the total entropy got much higher than before the feedback, to use mbt terms :D.

This was just me being authentic, but after I found mbt I have tried to adjust my reaction to stuff that annoys me, mostly by using my intellect and ignoring my ego.
Search for the fears at the root of your reactions and eliminate those roots at the being-level. Using your intellect to control your behavior will make you more civilized, but eliminating your fears at the being-level is far more valuable.

Quote:
I know that what annoys me is mostly dependant on my fear and ego, but sometimes people do stuff that 99% of the worlds population would say is simply wrong, and it would be wrong to just ignore it to keep the entropy low in the short term. Do we just walk away and let the police or other capable persons step in after a while and do the dirty work? I guess my question is: what is the appropriate amount of negative (and positive) feedback? Do you Tom let people rip you off at the garage and charge you 5 times the correct amount for service on your car because they think you are an old ignorant guy (haha, what a mistake) ?
These cases sound like they would be fact-intensive. I.e., a wise course of action would have to take into account numerous facts that are specific to the situation; hence, a general answer to this question might not be reachable.

The best I can do is to advise that you examine your intent in such situations. What is the quality of that intent? What you do isn't as important as why you do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Here is a Fireside Chat of Tom speaking about the LCS using "beings" to interface and communicate with us; relevant part starts at 17:05 in the video:

https://youtu.be/pxhgiQnBCrQ?t=17m5s

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The following 3 questions are about reality systems. (again if it's too much for one chat then please spread them out)

1) About combinations: The maximum amount of combinations for 8 bits are 256 - and for 32 bits there are about 4 billion.
So it doesn't take a lot of bits to create a lot of unique possibilities. But the LCS has been around for a very long time.

1.1) Do you know if the LCS has ever run into the situation of a VR actualizing all of its possible combinations?
1.2) If I was to go to NPMR and create a rule-set for a new reality, with my primitive human ingenuity, how difficult would it be for me to invent a rule-set that hasn't already had all of its significant potential exhausted?

2) I'm interested in your progress regarding something you wrote in MBT:
Quote:
That gives me something to work on in my spare time. I have been exploring NPMR, NPMRN, OS, and PMR for only thirty years - there is much that I have not yet seen and experienced. Perhaps the NPMRn represent the outermost layer of our practical (operational) reality onion, leaving NPMR as a simple NPMRn container or media - and only AUM beyond that. One must eventually run into the outer edges of the greater consciousness ecosystem, the boundary of the AUM-reality itself.
This is not an attempt to make you spill juicy details - but have you done exploration in this area since writing MBT, and has the exploration been successful? And is it difficult? If yes, why?

3) There is another quote from MBT that I have always wondered about:
Quote:
[...] one such [NPMRn] system has few rules of interaction [...] I stay away from that reality as much as possible because it is dreadfully rough, mean spirited, and unpredictable - one can easily get damaged there.
3.1) I always remember this because I thought "How can you be damaged in the non-physical if you are careful and don't give in to fear?"
3.2) Has that reality system seen improvement since you wrote MBT? In 15+ PMR years a lot of NPMR cycles go by, so that is a lot of time for change, correct?
3.3) If and when the reality resolves its problems, will it probably then become evolutionarily faster or "better" than the more rule-bounded systems?

Last edited by ch79 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I know that what annoys me is mostly dependant on my fear and ego, but sometimes people do stuff that 99% of the worlds population would say is simply wrong, and it would be wrong to just ignore it to keep the entropy low in the short term. Do we just walk away and let the police or other capable persons step in after a while and do the dirty work?

I guess my question is: what is the appropriate amount of negative (and positive) feedback? Do you Tom let people rip you off at the garage and charge you 5 times the correct amount for service on your car because they think you are an old ignorant guy (haha, what a mistake) ?
Hi, Nauinnin. I found a clip from one of Tom's Fireside Chats where he talks about how to deal with negative NPMR entities. So, here is at least a partial answer to your question (that is, when we consider the case of defending oneself or others in NPMR). The relevant part starts at 32:18 in the video:

https://youtu.be/RfE-4GX-xj8?t=32m18s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:40 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi Wolfgod,

thanks for your comments. Your last one linked to a video where they talked about negative npmr beings, but my question was more about about how to deal with other people doing bad things. When I see things I dont like I some times repeat to my self "low entropy, low entropy" and that has helped me to deal with it better :D .

I know this comes from my intellect but it is better to fake it than to just let your ego flare up. The question is about how to decide whether to shut up or speak up. Tom has answered similar questions before, so he doesnt have to answer this one if he has a bunch of other questions.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 738 posts ]  Go to page Previous 145 46 47 48 49 50 Next