My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: time
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:45 am 

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5
hi tom

if time is discrete meaning not continues and the smallest time unit is Plank length multiply by the speed of light
what happens between 2 units of time ?
where is the universe going between two time units .
we know consciousness needs time and without consciousness there is no universe .

thank you for your answer

Tony

Post subject: Re: time
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tony,

You must understand that the nature of Reality as the LCS is digital. It is not a continuum. We have compared the LCS to a Cellular Automaton. So Reality, as including the universe as in this PMR, goes nowhere between the two time points that you wish to consider. Reality exists as step by time step, first now1, then now2, etc.

If you want Tom to answer this directly, you must place the question in his thread collecting questions for Tom's next Fireside Chat. Here is the last question posted in that thread: https://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewt ... 24#p101824. Just go there and re post your question and then wait for the next chat, if they are not already full up with the quota of questions to fit the time available.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tony - Tom discusses time thoroughly in his book.

The My Big TOE book:
• Is available free in its entirety online: Google Books, My Big Toe
• May be purchased from the website: My Big Toe, at Barnes and Noble online, MBT, Amazon, My Big Toe Complete Trilogy and many other sites.
• As an audiobook from Audible.
• As an e-book from all major online book retailers

** There is also a comprehensive MBT Wiki that is a valuable resource and may answer many questions. **

This is not my area of expertise, but my understanding is - between one Delta-t and the next the random probability draw is taken. So the probable event that is drawn collapses from probability into the vr data stream. Time ticks on this way Delta-t to Delta-t.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

According to Tom´s theory it is bits of information. Yes or no, 1 or 0.
Nothing in between. Not going between 1 or 0. Either 1 or 0.
And in quantum computing it would be 1 and 0 simultaneously

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What does a computer do between hertz? Nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
What does a computer do between hertz? Nothing.
Hahaha, soooooo simple. Though it takes a lot of comprehensive effort accomplish that understanding.
Quote:
And in quantum computing it would be 1 and 0 simultaneously
- dinah

I'm still unclear how quantum computing actually uses that to it's advantage in a practical sense when computing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

RBM, maybe this can give you an idea?

"Qubits use superposition to represent multiple states (multiple numeric values) simultaneously in a similar way.

Just as a quantum computer can store multiple numbers at once, so it can process them simultaneously. Instead of working in serial (doing a series of things one at a time in a sequence), it can work in parallel (doing multiple things at the same time). Only when you try to find out what state it's actually in at any given moment (by measuring it, in other words) does it "collapse" into one of its possible states—and that gives you the answer to your problem. Estimates suggest a quantum computer's ability to work in parallel would make it millions of times faster than any conventional computer... if only we could build it! So how would we do that?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is how I believe that the LCS reality cells work, permitting the data to be accessed relative to 'now' both forwards to access the future probable data base and in the past to access the past actualized data base.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It is possible.
I have caught my consciousness deducting simultaneously a lot of things, without sequences. Not always, sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
RBM, maybe this can give you an idea?

"Qubits use superposition to represent multiple states (multiple numeric values) simultaneously in a similar way.

Just as a quantum computer can store multiple numbers at once, so it can process them simultaneously. Instead of working in serial (doing a series of things one at a time in a sequence), it can work in parallel (doing multiple things at the same time). Only when you try to find out what state it's actually in at any given moment (by measuring it, in other words) does it "collapse" into one of its possible states—and that gives you the answer to your problem. Estimates suggest a quantum computer's ability to work in parallel would make it millions of times faster than any conventional computer... if only we could build it! So how would we do that?"
OK, I had the superposition understood but forgot that the number of processes would be executed in parallel instead of the typical serial. Thanks dinah.