My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Vanessa is very beautiful, and a good interviewer. Tom's answers were direct, instructive, and insightful. A wonderful interview, all in all. Thank you for posting this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Vanessa is very beautiful, and a good interviewer. Tom's answers were direct, instructive, and insightful. A wonderful interview, all in all. Thank you for posting this.
Yes, most certainly a wonderful interview.

Glad to see that folks, as exemplified by the interviewer's non-profit creation, are applying MBT principles.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I'm curios about this - why does no one ever ask Tom to prove some of his abilities?
It could be as simple as realtime numbers guessing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ab24,

I approved your posting this, but I did not approve of the post. I suggest that you study more of the available material. Many of us have direct experience with Tom Campbell's abilities. A numbers guessing game is absurd.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ab24 - Tom isn't trying to be some kind of guru. He has presented a complete TOE, (Theory of Everything.) The proof is in his explanation of the double slit experiment. And he is working with some scientists now for more scientific experiments to prove his TOE. Already many physicists are coming to the theory of a digital reality. But none of them has worked out a TOE to explain it except for Tom.

And what if Tom did some astounding things in front of an audience. A lot of the people watching would think it was some kind of trick. And everyone not there would either believe it, from belief, or reject it entirely. What good would that do? The real proof is if you can prove it to yourself. Until you experience what is considered paranormal things first hand, you cannot know. Until then it is just belief.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
ab24,

I approved your posting this, but I did not approve of the post. I suggest that you study more of the available material. Many of us have direct experience with Tom Campbell's abilities. A numbers guessing game is absurd.

Ted
Ted,

Thank you for approving my post.

I have watched enough of Tom's videos to ask about this simple experiment.
Write a few 6 digit numbers on a piece of paper, ask Tom to go OOB and read them.
Even 3 numbers would have a statistical chance of one in 10^18.
Albeit, such experiments could be viewed as staged, I can only assume that's the reason.

While others have direct experience, it is still subjective. Others' opinions can point you in a right direction,
but can't constitute solid information.
Statistics helps in this sense.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
ab24 - Tom isn't trying to be some kind of guru. He has presented a complete TOE, (Theory of Everything.) The proof is in his explanation of the double slit experiment. And he is working with some scientists now for more scientific experiments to prove his TOE. Already many physicists are coming to the theory of a digital reality. But none of them has worked out a TOE to explain it except for Tom.

And what if Tom did some astounding things in front of an audience. A lot of the people watching would think it was some kind of trick. And everyone not there would either believe it, from belief, or reject it entirely. What good would that do? The real proof is if you can prove it to yourself. Until you experience what is considered paranormal things first hand, you cannot know. Until then it is just belief.
Tom mentioned more than once that he can go OOB whenever he wants. It only seems logical to ask for a test.
But yes, I see how doing this over the internet could be viewed more as a "faith healer" approach rather than science.
Guess that's why he's not doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But again, what good does this do if you can't do it? If you can get to the point where you can change data streams, have lucid dreams, pull information out of the Probable Future Database, then you don't have to have someone do anything in front of you. Tom's TOE isn't about what he can do. It is about giving you information to help you evolve the quality of your consciousness, and for no other reason.

And frankly, I've seen Tom do plenty of strange things in front of me that I don't need a demonstration.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't think I'd want to do tests for people all day everyday if I were Tom. Tom doesn't want you to believe him, little is gained through belief, he wants you to find out how reality is structured on your own because then it will be your truth and your reality. Then you won't need to believe anything because you will KNOW your truth you will KNOW your reality.

There is plenty evidence all around you but there is no proof other than that which you provide to yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I have watched enough of Tom's videos to ask about this simple experiment.
Write a few 6 digit numbers on a piece of paper, ask Tom to go OOB and read them.
Even 3 numbers would have a statistical chance of one in 10^18.
Albeit, such experiments could be viewed as staged, I can only assume that's the reason.

While others have direct experience, it is still subjective. Others' opinions can point you in a right direction,
but can't constitute solid information.
Statistics helps in this sense.
ab24,

Others have given very good responses for why this test isn't meaningful. Here is another angle to look from; we can examine four distinct cases/possibilities:

Case I: Tom's insights are very helpful for lowering the entropy of people's consciousness, but he can't correctly guess three six-digit numbers.

Case II: Tom's insights are very helpful for lowering the entropy of people's consciousness, and he can correctly guess three six-digit numbers.

Case III: Tom's insights aren't very helpful for lowering the entropy of people's consciousness, but he can correctly guess three six-digit numbers.

Case IV: Tom's insights aren't very helpful for lowering the entropy of people's consciousness, and he can't correctly guess three six-digit numbers.

If you're testing for whether he can correctly guess your numbers, you're not testing for whether his insights are very helpful for lowering the entropy of your consciousness -- which is the main point of MBT.

Worse, if that's the test you run, you could end up with Case III: You'd be giving credence to a person who can correctly guess your numbers (because of OBE training, say), but whose advice takes you into a spiritual abyss. I.e., it's the wrong test to run. The test is giving you info you can't really use.

+ + +

Tom has long since been able to go OoB and see numbers that he could not have seen from PMR. However -- and this must be emphasized -- this ability is not proof of the worthiness of his advice. That proof can come only from testing his ideas out in the real world, over an extended period of time, to see what results they have. That's the primary way statistics is useful for testing MBT.

If you want an environment to test Tom's advice, test it in the setting, and in the way, in which it most matters and is most immediately relevant: Our everyday PMR existence. I.e., test it in your day-to-day life. The numbers test has no validity for the soundness of Tom's advice for PMR living.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hey Wolf God,

Thank you for taking the time answering.
It's a good perspective, which I've not been focusing on.

Advice and abilities are two different matters, seems I was(am?) stuck on need for proof of the latter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You're welcome, ab24.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Advice and abilities are two different matters, seems I was(am?) stuck on need for proof of the latter.
Hi ab24,

Do some remote viewing tests online or with someone. They can be very enlightening.
Here is a couple of sites http://psiresearch.com/ and http://www.greaterreality.com/rv/instruct.htm