Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Post subject: Movement in NPMR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:00 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I am having difficulty moving in NPMR it feels as though gravity is ten times stronger and i have to force myself to crawl to get around. I can float around but its aimlessly and when i try to move its like im paralized. Any suggestions?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Movement in NPMR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Shac,

Some people gets results by 'leaving that body too', and finding themselves in an even less substantial one ... it feels that way to them and that's how they describe the process. Others just think of a person or place they would really like to visit, and that helps them break free. Try either one of those and see how it goes.

If one wants to one's Own Personal Spaceship, That ownership can happen; ...but understand beforehand that you ARE committing to learn the set of Piloting skills necessary to operate it. It's a bit like bronc-riding; in this case the bronc is The Self.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In addition to Montana's good input...

Trying to move (or thinking about moving) typically makes it more difficult. The harder it becomes to move, the more we think about trying to move. It creates a downward spiral.

As a temporary tool -- next time you are in NPMR -- you might consider the idea of sitting or standing still and accomplishing all movements and explorations via nothing but thought. Another option is to set your intent to be a nice bright ball of consciousness that zips around NPMR by intent only. It is entirely up to you. You can even close your "eyes" and teleport to where you want to go... or snap your fingers... etc, etc. You get to choose! :)

In my experience, it is partly a matter of letting go of physical habits and modes of operation. A fear of not being in control may also be the cause. Our instinct is to have our arms and legs in standby in strange and new situations so that we are prepared to defend ourselves, take flight, etc. However, thought is the name of the game in NPMR and fearlessness is the muscle.

Keep it in the back of your mind that the idea is to be a love-driven Jedi wizard that uses the mind instead of an Olympic gold medalist that uses the body.

All of this of course is based on my subjective experience and should be taken lightly... just things to consider.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Could be sum under the awarness translation of intent, That takes time to naturally adjust...
Like To get to a wall we would naturally with out relizing it so mush, have intent to put one leg in front of the other, a need to feel the ground with each step and have a sensation of muslce controll balance, gravity ect. May not translate over so well.

Cuse all those are not necessaraly nessary. Might be more functional to realize the Significance of being at the wall and hold that request for that desired data. Independent from Pmr constraints. Might experence all the trouble getting around as a given lessen to realize something new.

I have had a real nasty habit, Finding my self in a OOBE place and don't know what to do so just start walking in a directon.
Or Coming out of my apparment I would try to make it to the COwboy Staduim next door, But never make it, Allways fizzes out into sum other place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:11 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Sorry It took so long to respond but thx for the tips and im going to give it a try. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Moving is strictly a PMR concept, you don't have to move anywhere in NPMR, infact, you are not moving. Perhaps your data stream makes it seem to your perception as though you are moving through space. You don't need to think of NPMR as a "place" like this "place" where you have to "move" to get "somewhere." However if it helps you to think of moving around that way and think that it is best for your evolution at this very moment, then so be it, but then you run the risk of not being able to "move!"

Happy exploring!

Adam