Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Diet
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I can not handle Mt Dew it gives me the most horrible headache and I don't think it taste good either LOL

I do like Dr.Pepper but as I said I don't drink sodas anymore.Every once in a great while, like maybe once a month I will have a sip of a soda from work just to get that taste hmmmm..... but no, I really can't handle sodas my body totally rejects them, makes my stomach hurt and I feel like a balloon.

as far as this quote that I think was directed towards me:

"BTW after you've read MBT your dreams will be amazing, least that's what happens for many of us."

I can not wait for that because most of my strange experiences have been through dreams, last year specially I was having amazing connections with other people and their future which I knew nothing about until they would tell me when I would see them, but after the beginning of this year I stopped remembering dreams.It kind of feels as I have been put on hold... Even my meditation took a step back, it is hard for me to concentrate anymore.

But back to the food, I am surprise some of you eat beef, or animals in general, I would think that would be a big no,no!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nelly,

I am not sure who the "you" is in your last line, but there is a vegetarian thread unraveling at the very same time as this one: viewforum.php?f=13. It probably should be in "Wud I Say" -- but there is some connection where it is as well

Tom C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Tom I'll read that, I am reading one about incarnation now but I'll go there after.

The "you" was a general term for the ones that said that do eat meat, I was looking at the issue not as a health issue but more of a moral issue.
This is another one of those topics were some people say for example red meats are good for the brain and then some say it is not good for the body because it takes a long time to digest; also, the other one that I am always hearing contradictory information is about milk; yes, yes the commercials say milk is good for the body but a lot of people say it is actually not good for you, so I am torn between the two because I like to give my kids the best I can but what is really the best?????????????

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom,
Your diet is amazing. The fact that you can do on so little is impressive. Is the need for food inversely related to your progress? In other words, as you learn to harness your consciousness for creation and manifestation, does the need to indulge in eating diminish? Are you sustained from beyond the physical? Are you very active physically while consuming so few calories?
Do you go to typical, common place restaurants when you go out to eat? It seems that it would be hard indeed to find items to fit your standards while eating out.
Do you place any emphasis on physical exercise? With your diet, I doubt it would be necessary for weight loss but for general health maintenance it seems important. Does it help with NPMR awareness?
I know that's a lot of questions but I am curious.
Can you explain more how you consume meat without adding to the demand?
There is a man in North Carolina named Eustace Conway that lives in the mountains outside of Boone. He adheres to a traditional lifestyle, living off of nature. He does eat meat but hunts his own game (yes he does thank the animal for its sacrifice to him) and even gathers road kill to eat if it is still fresh. His reasoning is that if the fleas are still on it, it's fresh enough! That certainly wouldn't add to the demand for more slaughter but is impractical for most Americans. Any tips?

Ramon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ramon: Is the need for food inversely related to your progress?

Tom: I do not have enough data to answer that one. However, food does not appear as necessary for me as it is for others. I can stop eating for a week or two and never slow down much -- physical energy levels slowly decline but activity and exercise levels remains the same as if I were eating. Hunger is a state of mind, so it is easy to ignore and quickly goes away.

When eating out in restaurants, I try to pick establishments that start with basic ingredients (the better places) and then pick carefully and keep it simple (avoid sauces and other complex items). I go to some chains you are probably familiar with like Ruby Tuesday's (good salad bar), Applebee's (veggie patch pizza), O'Charlies (Ultimate Omelet), Macaroni Grill (pasta). Sometimes I get zapped and have to deal with feeling like a retarded zombie for a few hours (the way most people feel all the time and thus define as perfectly normal).

I used to be a runner (7 miles up and down hills in 50 minutes -- 3 times a week) but, as I got older my knees said walk. Now I walk 4 miles in 52 minutes 3 times a week and lift some weights for about an hour two days a week. The older you get the more important exercise is -- however, no matter how old you are the mind is much clearer, the awareness deeper, and the body much healthier with regular exercise.

See the thread: viewforum.php?f=13 to find out how one can eat meat occasionally and still be an "ethical vegetarian".

An important note: I violate all my own rules now and again (usually inadvertently and sometime when circumstances force it). Being fanatical about anything is not good for balance - one must be able to be flexible as one collides head on with an unpredictable reality. There are many competing issues that must all be balanced at the same time - obsession over any one of them is not generally productive in the long run. Intent, not action, is the key.

Tom C

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thumbs up Tom, one of my sayings is "extremes are not good" and also the words "balance" and "going back to basics" were some of the things I started to hear in my mind repetitively some years back when I decided to start doing all this research about life and our purpose here.
Although I must confess the reason I got obsses with this came from another source I might reveal some other time.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that at you guys... make it a bit more personal.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow! What a nice thread.

I'll add my contribution to it. Since I changed my food behavior, I have to say that I greatly improved my health. I ate very badly in the past and did no sport at all.

Now I do a lot of cardio and weights lifting, I have a good eating habit and I basically have a new body. I try to keep my food raw as possible. I always have bags of frozen organic veggies in my refrigerator, nuts and seeds, high fiber cereals, eggs and fish...

My main problem right now is stimulant... It's hard for me to be in front of a computer everyday and I need to keep my mind awake. Coffee is to easy solution. I know I have to stop it, I'm deeply aware of the effect it has on my whole being. Hopefully I was able to stop all intake of energy drink (poison).

I have a very high metabolism, so I need to eat every 3 or 4 hours, otherwise I get a down in my energy level. Same thing for water, I need to drink a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom: Being fanatical about anything is not good for balance - one must be able to be flexible as one collides head on with an unpredictable reality. There are many competing issues that must all be balanced at the same time - obsession over any one of them is not generally productive in the long run.

Peter: How true Tom.
I've been reading this thread and believe that diet should be at the top of the list in changes needed to grow awareness. It amazes me the crap they put in foods today. Some of the additives/preservatives could be classed as a type of drug for sensitive people IMO.
Questions : Having a dirty 'filter' (from the crap food) would mean the interactions we have in NPMR aren't understood clearly or at all but do these interactions still take place by our individual piece of consciousness ? (Guess Answer:Yes) or does understanding more (clean filter) boost or create the interactions?
Where is our PMR memory stored or retrieved from ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Peter,

Interactions between you and NPMR always take place whether you are aware of them or not. Being aware brings more clarity, allows you to interact intentionally, and changes the nature and content of the interaction. Having a "dirty filter" is (within a PMR context metaphor) like living in PMR under the fulltime influence of strong narcotics -- you interact and get by but live in a fog even though you are not aware of any fog.

Tom C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:50 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi Tom,

You mention that it's best to keep our diets preservative and chemical free... Just wondering though, by putting on skin creams, that may potentially have chemicals and preservatives in them, are our bodies affected in the same way as if we had eaten these substances?

I also notice that you mention above that the bread you ate had no flour - are you able to say why?

Thanks!
LS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

LS
I believe I can answer the bread question, the Ezekiel bread Tom eats is made with sprouted seeds rather than ground wheat. I don't know the details, do they sprout the seeds and then grind them, that sort of thing, but I know Ezekiel bread is gluten free. Here is a link about it, http://www.foodforlife.com/. I would think what you put on you becomes a part of you, they have medication that goes through the skin into the system, it is porous. I would avoid, and do, anything like antiperspirant that has an aluminum ingredient because aluminum has been associated with Alzheimer's Disease. I don't cook in aluminum pans either. I would watch lotion too for stuff you would rather not have in you.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:02 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks Bette :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

LS,

Bette is correct -- when in doubt, test the product to determine the effect it has on your consciousness.

LS: I also notice that you mention above that the bread you ate had no flour - are you able to say why?

Tom: it has no sugars and no preservatives and chemicals -- and it is delicious. I eat whole grain flours (preferably organic).

Tom C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Longtime Seeker wrote:
Thanks Bette :-)

You're welcome LS. I think I might be wrong about the bread being gluten free, I just spouted that off without checking facts. It might or might not be gluten free, but it is healthy. They keep it in the freezer in my town.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, I was suppose to start my sugar free diet this week but it has me so stressed out that I totally blew all the efforts I have been doing for months to stay away from sodas and other foods like caffeine etc,etc.
Today for example I had the three C's .... Coke,Cake and Chocolate! and I have some Ice cream next to me as I am writing this....
Not good! :(

Monday will start a new week and what I am going to do is buy the food I am going to eat ahead of time so I can follow my diet with some discipline and I won't end up cheating and making it even worse.
We'll see what happens........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next