Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Critics, opponents, charlatan exposing agents, whatever you consider yourselves......

I normally don't conduct posts in this fashion but I just wanted to say this....

There seem to be these periodic attacks against Tom, his alleged church of the big toe, his smoke screens, his background and credentials, his theories, his book company? huh? what??, his sneaky minimally disclosed work at the DoD, missile defense and Nasa or then his lack of proof of that work?, his work with Monroe, his experience or qualifications as a consciousness researcher, his lack of in depth specific personal explanations of his NPMR experiences in writing ala other type authors, his noted accomplices spreading his agenda such as Ted Vollers who on his own time in good faith for no compensation explains in length answers to help honest seekers. ETC ETC ETC.

People rant and want proof of the NPMR existence without doing the work necessary? This is Tom's fault?
People complain that his approach somehow is an acceptance of the bad ills of the world and somehow immoral.
People want documented paperwork stating his alphabet soup and previous published works otherwise it doesn't count.
People claim his lack of details is a negative. Lack of details?
People appear in these forums with hidden irrational incoherent agendas eventually become exposed and then have other members post out of nowhere to defend them somehow. hmmm
People rant on about how they think this is all BS yet they have not even read the work for themselves. It's free online! what is to stop you?
The list can go on but lets cut to the chase....

Tom has never asked anyone to believe anything that he says. Just stay open minded and skeptical, believe only what you experience as your own truth, take whatever else is of value and move on from there. Yet, these rants usually begin on here severely lacking this open minded skeptical nature to begin with. We are all here(PMR) to learn from each other. The individuals in this forum are for the most part extremely friendly, loving, open, honest and giving of their time to each other, especially to new people asking sincere questions. Everyone is taken at face value, no preconceived notions and sometimes it allows these individuals wide play before they are exposed. No one is ever censored.

Why are you here? Who are you and what are you trying to accomplish? What is your agenda?
Now those who will respond with ....... I have no agenda, I just want proof, I feel he is a fake, blah blah blah whatever it is.

Your feelings, your arguments, your - self being here has nothing to do with Tom. You brought yourself here, it has to do with you, your ego, your fears, your issues or your agenda.

When someone is driving a car and cuts you off the road for no reason and sticks his middle finger at you what is your usual response? What he did has nothing to do with you, so why take it so personal?
However, the next step is how you react and that has everything to do with you. Tom's books are here, his views are here, you came here! He didn't cut you off! what happens next has to do with what is inside of you and how you will interact. Are you a caveman that will chase down that driver and drive him off the road, what else is the agenda that brings you here then, well?

If you are on a sincere path look inside yourself see what he has to offer, read the material, state your arguments in an intellectual and respectful manner, discuss it and move on. Everyone in here is eager to engage in intelligent respectful dialogue. Everyone wins when that happens.

On a personal note, I am turned off to frauds, my intuition grabs it. I have even walked away from people/true teachers probably to my detriment who had wisdom, knowledge and ability but feeling some ego coming through just ruins the credibility for me and it might have slowed my own development by leaving. However, I have had countless correspondence with Tom, read countless posts of his, listened to countless interviews and have met Tom in person and had the fortune of being able to speak with him one on one with little interruption. This is not to say that he is perfect, maybe his wife can find a flaw but through all this exposure and material there hasn't been one instance coming from Tom that questions the integrity of his mission, his ego-less selfless actions, demeanor, expressions or words. I can't find any holes, none. He walks the walk and talks the talk and has given me great insights on my path that helped me put together for myself my own Toe in progress that includes a diverse mix of teachings. Prove me wrong or move on.

There is no agenda in here but the truth.
Each individual can only discover it for themselves, both objectively and subjectively, within oneself.

OM

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Omster,

For the most part it is just people projecting portions of their own psyche, their own belief systems ... in this case, mostly on Tom. They have no idea that they are doing it. And we all do this to some degree. There is probably at least as much projecting going on of a positive bias compared to the negative.

Anyone that comes into a socially salient position... especially if there are overtones of leadership, just expects these as part of the road (or quickly learns to!).... people throw all kinds of things at you... tomatos, roses, pies, pictures of themselves .... anything they've got handy.

Tom has to understand this. We don't see him getting bothered about it.

It might help if the rest of us, once we see someone fresh to the board brewing storm clouds, and then also say that they haven't read the book yet..... heh heh, how many of those have there been?... to just keep any responses polite, and brief, or even, silent.

I understand your irritation... but might as well learn to perceive it differently.... you might be famous yourself someday ! :-)

-Montana

If one wants to one's Own Personal Spaceship, That ownership can happen; ...but understand beforehand that you ARE committing to learn the set of Piloting skills necessary to operate it. It's a bit like bronc-riding; in this case the bronc is The Self.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OM,

Good points in your post. It's frustrating to me as well that such people bring their agendas to the table here. I agree that this board has an astounding group of truth seekers and I hate to see the harmony interrupted.

Montana,

I agree a lot with your statements, particularly:

"It might help if the rest of us, once we see someone fresh to the board brewing storm clouds, and then also say that they haven't read the book yet..... heh heh, how many of those have there been?... to just keep any responses polite, and brief, or even, silent."

Exactly. As we have seen, trying to reason with many of these people only creates more dis-harmony which plays right into their game. Their arguments are usually irrational and it's almost impossible to convince the irrational with rational argument. No point in letting their negativity infect our wonderful little community here.

With much love for all here,
Ramon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Montana

There is no irritation, I am not bothered by it.
I just wanted to make a statement that would hopefully resonate with some of these past, present or future contributors. If just one of them thinks to themselves, hmmm, maybe he has a point, let me read the material. If just one gets something out of it, anything, then it was worth the effort.

Respectful and honest truth seekers with questions are great for everyone, it's a win win. There is nothing wrong with dialogue but the energy used to engage in the unconscious activity that erupts out of some of these threads is not productive, but on second thought I guess it does offer some lessons as well.

Your right though, we should keep the storm brewer's conversations when they arise to a minimum.

Ramon : it's almost impossible to convince the irrational with rational arguments.

If sincere they will read the material so we can discuss rationally what is in question, otherwise we get these threads where what is being questioned is not even coherent anymore due to the deep entrenched beliefs, unconscious activity or whatever title we give it.

OM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Om,

I feel it,

Not only should they read the trilogy.....but..read it again and maybe again....Then,

Come back a year later after you practice the meditations and absorb the concept....

This is not a trivial excercise, this is a shot at reality, what is it worth to them?

What could be worth more?

Go "All In"...What could be more important than a shot at reality?

I get a little wrapped around the axle when they come in with shallow concepts of reality and wanting all this proof.

It will always be this way though, I'm sure of it.....They have to start where they are, so we have to start where they are....just think what Tom has to go through...Sheeesh!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Some people feel threatened by MBT. That's why they come here and troll/flame around, then leave.
Like Sharp fellow. Someone here seriously believe, after reading his posts, that he's open minded enough to read 850 pages of ego bashing once, never mind twice ?

But nevertheless, good post OM. It will certainly influence someone to take another attitude and read MBT before trolling.