Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, this thread has gone in a few directions. I've been spending little time here, mostly in an attempt to absorb some of Tom's book first! I'm 170 or so pages in. Great read so far, but clearly very preliminary in nature.

As far as the silver cord is concerned, I do not experience that phenomenon. However, I have always "speculated" that it has more to do with being a conceptual life line than anything else. I think many people have fear (conscious or subconscious) about the experience, or at least some limited anxiety. Such a lifeline would assuage that concern to some degree.

Interestingly, In all my years of going OOB (1000+ times) I have never seen myself in a lucid state. Two nights ago I did. I had leveraged a new technique which serves as a portal, and let the new scene manifest without any direction on my part. I found myself hovering over my body. The scene was not consistent with the present as I was sleeping the opposite way on the couch and had a goatee. I woke "myself" and gave "myself" quite the startle. But I was aware enough to briefly explain my intention.

Eric15, if you're interested in some of my work, I have been interviewed in articles, and over radio a few times. Just check out MortalMist, and go to the articles link from the main page. That would be a good start.

As far as sex is concerned, opinions will vary there a great deal. I have had plenty of sex OOB, but ultimately it becomes something of a trap. An activity which defocuses you from the more interesting possibilities that exist OOB. OK, with that said, I still get sucked in sometimes. You know ;). If memory serves, Locale 1 was RAM OOB within a world analogous to his own. I don't recall any unusual stories from that space. Maybe you are thinking about the "pile".

You see, the universe IS well designed. It is designed to have loop holes that have a low risk to reward relationship. With risk comes potential reward. And Mother Nature has known this for a long time. Why would anyone second guess her? It's by design.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi Dr Technical,
Great to hear from you. With cord phenomena I have only experienced it once and that was when I was actually looking for it while doing some OOB experiments. All other times it wasn't there or I didn't see it. [More like the former]. But trying to make some arguement for its existence one could maybe say it occurs at the lowest[Yes I am aware of value comments] level ie RAM'S locale 1 ,which was the area or level the experiments took place and about 15 feet from my physical body.I don't know and don't know any full proof test other than rechecking at that level and not subsequently observing one as suggested by Power Poster.

As for the RAM sex query: I wasn't thinking of the pile which were individuals unaware of their true state, attempting to have what might be called conventional sex. I was meaning those occasions where he blended his energy with that of a consenting female. This he considered better, though similar to that in the body. The spiritual equivalent of the material. I far as I know this full explanation is unique to RAM.

Interested to have your thoughts.

Eric15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

eric15 wrote:
Hi Dr Technical,

As for the RAM sex query: I wasn't thinking of the pile which were individuals unaware of their true state, attempting to have what might be called conventional sex. I was meaning those occasions where he blended his energy with that of a consenting female. This he considered better, though similar to that in the body. The spiritual equivalent of the material. I far as I know this full explanation is unique to RAM.

Eric15

Oh, OK. Got you. I have experimented with this. My concept going in, was to find a DC and let her show me what to do in that regard. I was never able to pull that off (which BTW is a very recent goal of mine). However, I did find myself in one situation where I had what one might call of full body orgasmic experience, while I was caught up in a scene where I had released my intentions, and was flying toward a bright white light in the sky. Seems to suggest to me that any notion we put on the experience (like needing a partner) is just a limited waking reality space constraint.

BTW, I have for and felt for a cord. No dice.

You see, the universe IS well designed. It is designed to have loop holes that have a low risk to reward relationship. With risk comes potential reward. And Mother Nature has known this for a long time. Why would anyone second guess her? It's by design.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To chime in on the cord question,
I've had OBEs numbered into aleast the hundreds and have never seen a cord.( I have not seen a 'chakra' either ;but I remain somewhat open to this idea because of energy sensations and some possible anatomical candidates.) In my mind,the fact that we can perform the'spin technique' should be good evidence against a cord made of any substance.

Nor have I ever seen 'myself' in bed.I have looked only to find empty crumpled sheets or other unexpected people,when investigating this. I have ,however,observed very interesting reflections of 'myself' in mirrors and glass. Images experienced range from my 13 yr old self to my adult self, to complete strangers ,to the hideous and grotesque! It's tough at this point to explain why this is so. (I speculated with a few of my own ideas in a MBT context in the thread "managment-integration of FWAUs by oversouls".)

For the most part I have been able to avoid sexual activity;though there have been many temptations. I often wonder if physiological sexual arousal in REM stages plays a role in these experiences.If so,assuming the self reflective mind is operational in another order of mentally malleable reality ,as I have personal proof of,this would suggest a 'nonlocal' connection and influence over the Lucid/OBE 'self' within an accommodating,responsive environment.

The question of the sexual partner's own level of sentience comes to mind.From reading others experiments I would say this can vary.It is interesting to admit that I have had much nonlucid sex-in which case 'I' did not consent to this. Is this some kind of nonphysical 'rape'...LOL ? In such a case it seems that the partner has much of the decision power while the 'self' is tantamount to a sedated 'victim' given a 'roofie'.. : )Another approach would be that the 'self' participates at his/her 'being' level ,invoking subconscious desires or 'higher self' control.

Dr.Technical,can you put up a link to your interview?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DrTechnical wrote:
I had leveraged a new technique which serves as a portal, and let the new scene manifest without any direction on my part. I found myself hovering over my body. The scene was not consistent with the present as I was sleeping the opposite way on the couch

I can relate to this. I have found for myself,in most instances, that the similarity to my waking environment is directly related to the intensity,clarity and stability of my 'dream body'.

If there is a close match it is often weak visually and my dream body actions can even be like that of a drunk. The clarity and environment are subject to improvement and change as the 'distance' increases.On certain instances I have sat up/pulled out into a matching environment only to slam into a force, like a solid glass wall. (almost painful) This has resulted in waking.

On the other end of things:Some of my conclusions to OBEs result from an attempt to change environments by jumping up through a ceiling;only to be 'caught' instead by my body. One of the most interesting times,I was caught in a vortex-mini tornado that spun me around the exact likeness of my bedroom as if my body was sucking me in.

My point is that I personally find close matches to the physical to be volitile. This could be just some mental barrier as well.I am still exploring this,but there seems to be a huge random component from the 'self's' perspective. For me,stability,clarity and novel content increase with the dissimilarity of the physical. I almost prefer to OBE from a dream in progress,which has alot of overlap with Lucid Dreams. ( I believe the difference is only in the timing.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey Jeff.

I haven't spent much time reviewing board policy and dynamic. I assume it's cool to add a link here. It's just informational, not like I'm selling anything:

http://mortalmist.com/drtechnicals-dreamkoan-interview

If you read that, you will have good perspective on much of my personal work and interests. My main revelation since then is having done the main Hemi-sync Gateway series, and much of Going Home including the focus 27 stuff. It became clear to me that these focus states are simply various points along the consciousness continuum and that there are various ways to get there, besides just Hemi-sync. Which makes sense of course as these are fundamentally natural states.

Regarding your tough time w/ OOBE. I would ask you to consider the possibility that you are maintaining a linkage between the physical and non-physical self. You mentioned some diffs between lucid dreams and OOBE. I agree completely. The picture in my mind is somewhat rooted to concepts in dream yoga. I have a picture in that article. What you may be experiencing is a tendency for physical sleep paralysis to be bleeding into your consciousness OOB. Your states are a bit mixed up and confused. Just realizing this possibility may go a long way to resolving the challenge. Think about that and how you might leverage that insight.

If you read that article, I maintain that the are ways to leverage the dreamspace to WRS (waking reality space) linkage. That's where it gets interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr Technical,
Cool,I will check the link. To be clear,the stuff mentioned above is not representative of all of my experiences( 3-5/ week -sometimes per night) ;but they are interesting observations of mine. In contrast ,much of my exploration is very fruitful,but I am very, very open to new advice -and I enjoy comparing experiences to flesh out consistencies in regard to NPMR.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr. Technical,
This board is very open to bringing information in to check out, as far as links and things, very acceptng of this.

I'll just throw something out here as far as the cord concept. I will predict that those that experience the cord had a good relationship with their moms as far as being protected/nurtured, like perhaps an especially good relationship with the mom. It seems like a metaphor for being protected/nurtured/safe.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr. Technical, I haven't read the whole article yet but how much choline do you use with the galantamine? I've read anywhere from 200 to 600mg. And do you take 4 or 8mg of Galantamine. I've been looking into this for a while and I've been trying to decide whether to go all out and try Galantamind or build my own regimen from Galantamine and choline.

--beau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
Dr. Technical,
This board is very open to bringing information in to check out, as far as links and things, very acceptng of this.

I'll just throw something out here as far as the cord concept. I will predict that those that experience the cord had a good relationship with their moms as far as being protected/nurtured, like perhaps an especially good relationship with the mom. It seems like a metaphor for being protected/nurtured/safe.

Love
Bette

Hey, I think you might be on to something, Bette.

I had a very mixed relationship with my female parent. Might this also apply to the male parent, in some way. In my case that relationship was more tenuous, value-wise.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you RBM.
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Beau wrote:
Dr. Technical, I haven't read the whole article yet but how much choline do you use with the galantamine? I've read anywhere from 200 to 600mg. And do you take 4 or 8mg of Galantamine. I've been looking into this for a while and I've been trying to decide whether to go all out and try Galantamind or build my own regimen from Galantamine and choline.

--beau

I will shoot you a PM with brand and so forth.

LDS theory is a little involved. Not in terms of getting a nice kick at first. MOre in terms of mixing up the methods, insuring that you don't build a tolerance and so forth. I have a lot of experience here, and PM's are welcome.

But to answer your question, I typically use 8 mg G, 400 mg Choline. I use this no more than once every 6-7 days to insure that I'm not beating up on the nicotonic receptors too much.

Tom Yuschak wrote a very nice book on the subject. He and Scot Stride sort of optimized our understanding of how to best leverage these supps. For example, if you look at Laberge's patent app on the subject, he discusses taking these at bedtime. That turns out to be a bad idea for a number of reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
Dr. Technical,

Love
Bette

You know, that is really a very interesting idea. One I had not heard before. I have a good relation with my mother, but I am not the type of person who has overly strong emotional connections in general. Interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

DrTechnical But to answer your question, I typically use 8 mg G, 400 mg Choline. I use this no more than once every 6-7 days to insure that I'm not beating up on the nicotonic receptors too much.

Tom Yuschak wrote a very nice book on the subject. He and Scot Stride sort of optimized our understanding of how to best leverage these supps. For example, if you look at Laberge's patent app on the subject, he discusses taking these at bedtime. That turns out to be a bad idea for a number of reasons.

I read Tom Yuschak's book and got the supplements. I've tried it twice now - 8gm of Galantamine and 200mg of Choline. The first time I didn't even dream very much. Last night I had a lot of vivid dreams for what seemed like a long time - but no Lucid dreams or OBE. I also take Piracetam in the morning to counter the effect of the Glantamine. I waited 2 nights in between. I think I will try adding GPC Friday night. I have also been trying to follow his other suggestions - a dream journal and reality checks during the day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi All,

Boy, you lo range far and wide.

Sounds to me like the sex situation [RAM Type] is still very much open to conjecture.
Cords are looking unlikely.
As for the appearence of ones body, my experience has varied greatly from a type of physical body [felt like firm jelly] a luminescent type of physical looking body, a non physical almost cloud shape, to nothing at all. And all these are in communication with another and seem normal at the time.I think there is a fair chance that ones body creation is likely to be influenced by the degree/ psychological distance or level where one is operating in at that time.
In Ram's books he observes after a while that he has been helped all along by some unseen helpers.
Anyone have an opinion on this?
Cheers Eric15

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next