Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Q/A with Tom via PM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I sent Tom a few MBT-related questions that he kindly answered. So for those interested, here is a copy/paste of our exchange (feel free to post your own comments/thoughts!):

Quote:
1) According to MBT, the iterative process of incarnating in physical reality provides us with great opportunities to further reduce our personal entropy through the learning and mastering of important lessons during each lifetime. Your referred to each lifetime as a PMR experience packet, which is then uploaded/integrated back to your "main/core self" upon death of the physical vehicle (or is it continuous?).

Tom: It is continuous.

2) Could you elaborate on the actual mechanics of how this new data is merged back into the LCS?

Tom: There is nothing to merge. The body and brain are virtual – data, rules, and process. The FWAU – little c consciousness, is a subset of consciousness that is aware and limited by the rule-set -- it experiences PMR. The experience of PMR is always resident in consciousness – no upload to consciousness is required. When your WOW character dies, do you get an upload?

3) I was also curious if you could shed some more light on what goes on before and after death as far as this process is concerned. In other words, how does the new data you gathered during your last lifetime gets integrated back into your core self, in order to further reduce your personal entropy, and thus the entropy of the larger consciousness system as a whole?

Tom: Again it is all processed and integrated in real time continuously as is the growth (leveling up, attaining new capabilities) of your WOW character.

2) Could you share some more details on the mechanics behind the creation of one's local/personal reality in PMR? Seth mentions there is a 50m area around you in which your consciousness has the most ability to affect things. Is this radius something you have observed/studied?

Tom: Space is not relevant. 50 m or 50,000m makes no difference – except that your awareness is what directs your intent which modifies your reality and interacts with others. If you are normal, your awareness is strongest in your immediate vicinity. Out of sight, out of mind.

3) How is synchronization of real-time communications between PMR and NPMR handled if the two reality frames operate at different speeds? For instance, if 1 minute in PMR feels like several hours in NPMR, how can a real-time and interactive communication happen between an entity from NPMR and one currently embodied in PMR? Do entities on the NPMR side perceive our mental communications like one would hear a digital record played back on very slow speed? Or is this just PMR-thinking and doesn't really apply to NPMR?

Tom: Mostly PMR thinking. If you are a character in a movie, time appears to go by at the same rate no matter how fast or slow the film is run – the same concept applied to our VR is why c is a constant. Likewise if you jump into a film running at a slow or fast frame rate, time seems to move at the same speed in each – from inside there appears to be no change. All action and interaction refreshes every delta t and it makes no difference what delta is from inside the film. From outside (people watching the film), the movie speeds up or slows down. When you enter NPMR you are inside of it so time appears the same. When in PMR time seems the same. All experiential realities are virtual (different films running), only consciousness itself is fundamental. You cannot get outside of one virtual reality and still be in it. A part of you consciousness can get out (parallel processing realities) but that part is out and no longer in. Each part sees time running normally according to the rule-set of that part.

Tom

Quote:
Thanks for the answers Tom, this clarified quite a few things in my head :) The movie analogy helped a lot. It made me think about another one: when you're debugging a computer simulation program (like a computer game) and put a breakpoint somewhere in the code, it suspends the code execution. When you resume the execution, it starts exactly where it left off as if nothing had happened. This can actually cause some funky time-related glitches due to the way the delta time is usually computed (current frame time - previous frame time) because here dt would be equal to the OS system time elapsed between the moment you put your breakpoint and the moment you resumed execution. So all of a sudden you would see your game characters teleporting all over the place because the motion equations have been fed a huge dt :)

I bet some early PMRs had this glitch once and people/things were suddenly bumping into walls face-first with no apparent reasons :P

Quote:
A few interesting thoughts: Also consider that with our DELTA-t being about 10 E-44, one could make DELTA-t a million times larger or smaller for a while and nothing would appear to be any different at the level to which Human could measure or experience even with their most sophisticated measuring techniques. Furthermore, even if some glitch bumped our VR offline for an hour one day, because this is a probabilistic reality the system could just let the VR progress with what was most likely to have occurred millisecond by millisecond until it came back online and resumed from wherever it happened to be when the game came back online. Most people would not notice an hour much less a 10 E -44 second. Point is, the VR is very robust and not particularly sensitive to glitches.

Tom

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Q/A with Tom via PM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

thanx for sharing that froggy

peace

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very interesting. It would be so awesome to just sit down with Tom person to person and talk about things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks. Good info.