Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:06 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I tried getting Charles Tart's view on MBT but he seemed totally uninterested. His comment was that he doesn't understand quantum mechanics. I then asked if he knew someone he trusted that could read it and inform him about it. Again, totally uninterested. So, my question is, where are the other big researchers in this field? Tart, Radin, Bem, etc are all looking for a theory to explain this stuff and MBT seems to explain it, but I don't see anything about a dialogue going on with them here. Is it all in the background or in other venues? Perhaps they're all too busy with their own research looking for a theory. Is there a way they can be brought into the discussion? Perhaps if forum members emailed the other researchers asking for input maybe they'd see a trend developing and start to look into it.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Most serious academic researchers have their own viewpoints and problems related to tenure, research money, infighting and jealousies of academia, university politics, graduate students, teaching hours and much more that I know nothing about. Not to mention closed mindsets. Not to mention ego and the desire to be the one who makes the big breakthrough entirely on their own and without help or glory sharing with others. Nor to mention simple matters of time available as I even, as retired, have conflicts of time availability to cover all the bases. Non academic outsiders are not necessarily of interest. I have written to more than one whose research indicated a potential fit and the possibility of interest. Tom has contact and has had input and discussions with at least one researcher, Dr. Whitworth who is a mathematician writing about virtual reality and who listed Tom as a reference on his papers. I know little about their contact. Of those I have written to, none have responded. These are not unknown ideas and Consciousness is considered more and gradually in science. What will be required to reach a tipping point, I do not know. Mostly time and patience, I suspect.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted is right. I feel that time and patience will allow more and more individual people to "pull" the truth out of the larger consciousness system to allow easier understanding by those in "higher levels" of Science. The pieces of the puzzle will fit together with more resonance as more of humanity "knows" and understands how reality functions on a being level. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I believe you have to get'em when they are young, before they lock up their world view and throw away the key, which means targeting grad students at the top universities.

One could start MBTOE "bookclubs" and those clubs could host Tom to speak or organize promotional displays, on the model of University religious clubs.

One could gift book 1 to every graduating MSc and PhD student in physics as a twist on the Gideon Bible model.

One could set up an occasional booth at the entrance of physics departments to promote the books, or put up posters on grad student bulletin boards.

==
fear...

Personally, I am a bit confused as to how the simulation is supposed to work, if it becomes widespread knowledge that it is indeed a simulation, unless perhaps, this is the grand purpose and betatest we are about to experience. It would make more sense to me if the true purpose of MBTOE was to provide cognitive relief to those who already half know it and are in desperate need of a model.

Pushing the model on those not ready for it, at a level of insufficient uncertainty, seems to me to have the potential to trigger a mass psychotic breakdown. This points possibly to gently putting this out there, and being satisfied that those that need it, are ready for it, can find the information, and being decisively detached when there is resistance. This does not represent Tom's view on this, which is that the model must become the established view of the scientist priesthood and then guide world affairs.
==

if world leaders were to accept the model, does this point to wars of focused intent...like Tom vs some Voodoo curser scaled up to armies of meditators?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I once emailed Dean Radin, he responded that he was aware of Tom's work and he have a copy of the books. He also found the ideas useful.

It seems common that experimentalists leaves the theoretical to the theorists and vice versa, that is probably one of the answers why specifically the PSI researchers are seldom seen discussing theory and the framework for their data.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 pm 
In the meantime, lets carry the message to people that they are apart of a much bigger reality. And they have much more power in their life (evolution), than they think they have. Tom i think is the leader of the pack, in his theory of how reality works. Most of these other people are not near as buttoned down on a stance, they have there experiences and truths, but most will not come out and say, hay, this is how reality works. Fear, ego, uncertainty, whatever the reasons who cares, the cats out of the bag, and there is no going back. Sabby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I started my PhD program today having had many classes from my MS program transfer while at the same time only having enough financial aid for one class each term for a year, three terms. I am taking Biopsychology now and probably taking "Teaching Psychology to adults" next term. Just saying.
Love
Bette

ps I have access to the academic databases!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are off the captain shouted as he stumbled down the stairs! My very best wishes on your new adventure.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted Vollers wrote:
We are off the captain shouted as he stumbled down the stairs! My very best wishes on your new adventure.

Ted
Thank you Ted, as always.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Further evidence as to why it is important that people such as myself who arrive via religious or spiritual pathways adopt Tom's non-religious, non-spiritual language, form and style as quickly as possible, so that when a white-coat passes through, the feeling of the place is comfortable for them. I count myself as guilty in this regard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
I started my PhD program today having had many classes from my MS program transfer while at the same time only having enough financial aid for one class each term for a year, three terms. I am taking Biopsychology now and probably taking "Teaching Psychology to adults" next term. Just saying.
Love
Bette

ps I have access to the academic databases!

Great to hear, Bette.

Keep On Truckin'