Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hi. Books?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi, I dont know if this topec is in the right thread but do you guys know any good books on the MBT-subject? Simulated reality, quantized time, probable realities, NPMR-n (lucid dreaming, OOBE), process fractal and so on..

Thanks

Sebastian

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Hi. Books?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have you read My Big TOE itself as it is even available over the Internet? http://books.google.com/books?id=RYHtBP ... &q&f=false Have you read around on the bulletin board? How about looking on the Wiki? http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Main_Page All of these subjects are covered in these places and as they used to say, right from the horses mouth. There are many books published by others on these same subjects but not necessarily from the perspective of MBT. Many of those books and their authors are discussed here on the Bulletin Board. You might particularly look in the 'reference' section at the bottom of the Index page. Then there is the search function at the top right of the index page. There is no end of information available right here on the subjects you mention.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, I am a big fan and have read the triology once, and actually the second and third two times. They fascinate me alot.

But yes, I will look into this forum some more :)

Last edited by Shango on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Shango wrote:
Hi, I dont know if this topec is in the right thread but do you guys know any good books on the MBT-subject? Simulated reality, quantized time, probable realities, NPMR-n (lucid dreaming, OOBE), process fractal and so on..

Thanks

Sebastian

re OBE, there are a number of authors associated with TMI, starting with Bob Monroe's books - Tom might prefer that you don't read accounts of other peoples "travels", as this may prejudice your own experience

there is also Raduga's OBE4U, some of which has been reproduced or summarized in this forum (it is public domain)

for lucid dreaming, check out Reecejones on youtube.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just downloaded a book to my kindle called Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions. That will be read after MBT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yes, Tom used Flatland in one of his talks - delicious stuff

further on this fractal nature of dimensions and levels

like, what does the ant who lives on an anthill beside a road, think about passing cars? He might think to himself...its Friday at 5 pm, expect more "rumbling" (noise of cars going by)

for example, we look up and see clouds passing by...are they really just clouds, or are clouds what we experience when something much more complex is going on? some sort of heavenly "rush-hour"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry no links, I'm headed out the door:

Bob Monroe's 3 books of course

Any of the various Seth Speaks books

Your Eternal Self

The Out of Body Experience: The History and Science of Astral Travel

Holographic Universe

The Quantum World: Quantum Physics for Everyone

Quantum: A Guide for the Perplexed

Man's Search for Meaning

I am That

Astral Dynamics

The Secret of the Soul: Using Out-of-Body Experiences to Understand Our True Nature

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to The Inner Self

Destiny of Souls

Remote Viewing Secrets

Do You See What I See?

The Field

The Intention Experiment

The Three-Pound Enigma: The Human Brain and the Quest to Unlock Its Mysteries

The Universe in a Single Atom

Freedom from The Known

DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Waking Life (movie)

There are some more at my studio that I am probably forgetting. I'll check when I get there later. None of these really compare to MBT in my humble opinion, but reading them with a good understanding of MBT makes it easy to put some of the info into perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

this is not for everyone...but I would also assert that the gospels take on a whole different meaning if you start with the assumption that Jesus was a senior NPMR manager who incarnated for a specific instructive, paradigm shifting purpose

you have to kind of look through the cloud of "God-talk" and religion-speak which pervaded any discussion of NPMR in that era, and sift out the actual "value-added" - not to mention the smoke of "add-ons" inserted over the ages

there was an actual project of bible scholars who got together and voted on which gospel lines seemed to fit what Jesus was likely to have said, and which lines were most likely to have been added later

they published a bible colour-coded to the likelihood of Jesus having said the line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Seminar

when Tom talks about love, it feels like the same voice that I hear, faintly coming through the gospel record

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Somewhere or other Tom has been asked before by a budding 'believer' if he had been Jesus. His answer was no and something of the order of 'don't be ridiculous' as best I remember. Can't find a reference.

The waters are very muddied regarding who, what and in fact was there an entity known as Jesus and what might his true role have been versus Christian mythology. I found the Gospel of Thomas very believable and understandable. Part of muddying the waters was that a commission decided what to include and what to exclude from the Christian Bible. Actually many commissions over the ages. The further that you dig into this, if so inclined, the less clear everything becomes.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Jesus was an actualized bit of Consciousness who would have been lovely to know I'd bet while Christ is part of the myth. I've done lots of research. Of course what Jesus was then still exists...
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Christianity is a pearl, hidden within an old brick, made of Camel dung, that has been sitting behind the trash, for many years.

The old Testament of course, is not Christianity, that is Judaism. Much of the new Testament is the letters of Paul, who was a Christian hunter and executioner, before his conversion...but he never actually studied under the man, and he pushes a believist version of the teachings that is dissonant with Jesus's sayings...but it appears that this fundamentalist approach is helpful to some highly disorganized FWAUs as a transition.

Another section of the new Testament are the letters of the disciples, the men that actually lived and were instructed by the man.

The only part I would pay attention to are the gospels, which is the oral record of the sayings of Jesus and his story, written down many years after his death. There are several such initially oral records, some lost (but they leave an evidence trail in later versions), some existing, some in the official Cannon, some not, as per Ted's most important example.

The key is to read the gospels and listen to the message, more with your heart than your head, and see if you feel something of significance and unique, specifically on how Jesus viewed various scenarios, and how he talked about them.

my recommendation is to look at Christianity with openness and scepticism, and make peace with it - it is a pervasive part of our history and culture, that should not be impudently dismissed
==
from Wikipedia

In the Thomas gospel, Jesus is presented as a spiritual guide whose words (when properly understood) bring eternal life (Saying 1). Readers of these sayings are advised to continue seeking until they find what will enable them to become rulers of their own lives (Saying 2) and thus to know themselves (Saying 3) and their legacy of being the children of "the living Father" (Saying 3). These goals are presented in the image of "entering the Kingdom" by the methodology of insight that goes beyond duality. (Saying 22). The Gospel of Thomas shows little or no concern for orthodox religious concepts and doctrines. Scholars have traditionally understood the Gospel of Thomas as a Gnostic text because it was found amongst other gnostic texts, it was understood as being prone to a Gnostic interpretation by the early Church, and the emphasis on knowledge as the key to salvation, particularly in Saying 1. However this view has recently come under some criticism by suggesting that while it is possible to interpret the text in a way that aligns with Gnosticism there is nothing inherently Gnostic about the text itself.

The Gospel of Thomas emphasizes direct and unmediated experience. In Thomas saying 108, Jesus says, "Whoever drinks from my mouth will become as I am; I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to him." Furthermore, salvation is personal and found through spiritual (psychological) introspection. In Thomas saying 70, Jesus says, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not bring it forth, what you do not have within you will kill you." As such, this form of salvation is idiosyncratic and without literal explanation unless read from a psychological perspective related to Self vs. ego. In Thomas saying 3, Jesus says,

...the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty, and it is you who are that poverty.

In the other four gospels, Jesus is frequently called upon to explain the meanings of parables or the correct procedure for prayer. In Thomas saying 6, his disciples ask him, "Do you want us to fast? How should we pray? Should we give alms? What diet should we observe?" For reasons unknown, Jesus' answer is found in saying 14, wherein he advises against fasting, praying, and the giving of alms (all contrary to Christian practice of the time), although he does take a position similar to that in Mark 7: 18–19 and Matthew 15:11 that what goes into the mouth will not defile a person, but what comes out of the mouth will. This is just one example in Thomas in which the hearer's attention is directed away from objectified judgements of the world to knowing oneself in direct and straighforward manner, which is sometimes called being "as a child" or "a little one" through the unification of dualistic thinking and modes of objectification. (For example, Sayings 22 and 37) To portray the breaking down of the dualistic perspective Jesus uses the image of fire which consumes all. (See Sayings 10 and 82).

The teaching of salvation (i.e., entering the Kingdom of Heaven) that is found in The Gospel of Thomas is neither that of "works" nor of "grace" as the dichotomy is found in the canonical gospels, but what might be called a third way, that of insight. The overriding concern of The Gospel of Thomas is to find the light within in order to be a light unto the world. (See for example, Sayings 24, 26)

In contrast to the Gospel of John, where Jesus is likened to a (divine and beloved) Lord as in ruler, the Thomas gospel portrays Jesus as more the ubiquitous vehicle of spiritual inspiration and enlightenment, as in saying 77:I am the light that shines over all things. I am everything. From me all came forth, and to me all return. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift a stone, and you will find me there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Thomas

http://www.metalog.org/files/thomas.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ordered this books

Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self
DMT: The Spirit Molecule
Bob Monroe: Jouneys out of the Body

and started to read the lucid dreaming book..

Thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here's my advice when it comes to the teachings of Jesus.

Read the four gospels plus the gospel of Thomas. Then, read Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. Throw in some Buddhism for good measure.

Notice how they're all grasping at the same straw? :)

EDIT: I recommend all of the Seth books, Bob Monroe's trilogy, and I suggest having a look at the Frank Kepple resource available at this link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Some reading which got me started thinking about consciousness:

http://www.dspguide.com/InnerLightTheory/paper.htm

The book was freely available for some time but it seems the author has removed the links now.

I guess, this book would feel too simple for someone who has read MBT but I recommend it as a starting point because InnerLightTheory raises many intriguing consciousness related questions which are answered in MBT.