Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What's wrong with the power elite in the US ? This place is turning into a mean learning lab for many souls.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/11 ... ps-report/

As Lord Acton said: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.".

This VR is in need of a serious shift. How are we (as a civilization) going to evolve if this none sense is allowed to proliferate.

Carle

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The thought, how can you lose control when you did not have control in the first place, comes to mind. At least it is out in the open rather than secret as it isn't new, I suppose that is progress.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Carle,

I share your sentiments. I might say you understate the case.

You don't have to travel much to notice, on return, an unmistakable family similarity among all the mammals.... facial expressions, patterns of emotion, etc. See the ghastly manner that the human treats his younger siblings, feedlots and hunting and slaughterhouses: Get outside the human belief system complex and it is just too stunning for words. That's just for starters.

In the early days I made several similar posts, so maybe I am obliged to pitch in here.

This 'planet' is, apparently, part penal institution, part learning institution, part carnival, and part way-station. What a soup! It also has a sort of hypnotic gravity that makes it very hard to escape.

As best as I understand it, the primary student objective here is to learn to define your particular brand of shine, and then to power up and keep the flame going in the face of every circumstance. This is a viciously harsh place, no question about it, but in what other kind of place could you hope to develop that understanding to the depth that you might while here? I suspect that vile elements ('evil' consciousness intent) are placed here purposely to keep life difficult. Time and again beautiful things, people and institutions meet up with prompt monkey-wrenching and even ostensible destruction. There are lots of other things to learn here: Agency (the ability to act), and what might be best termed 'mapping skills' are two of the big ones.

But that is the best I can offer you: We have one but one choice here: (or say, no choice at all but) to Define your shine and then radiate like a downtown Christmas tree. That means select 'who' you will be (really, what kinds or flavors of energy you want to handle or 'carry'), and then learn to do that, at first basically, and then with style, class and panache. See: A self sensible candle doesn't shun the dark, even you could say there is no better place for it! Certainly it would not be well suited to lighting the pathway to the sun, nor should it attempt to keep the company of stars until it becomes that bright itself. So while in this world, select to be you (shine your shine) rather than let others tarnish your corona. Learn. Help out others where it seems you can and are so moved to. Keep your eye on your objectives, and get moving toward where you intend to go.

Best Wishes,

-Montana

If one wants to one's Own Personal Spaceship, That ownership can happen; ...but understand beforehand that you ARE committing to learn the set of Piloting skills necessary to operate it. It's a bit like bronc-riding; in this case the bronc is The Self.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

evil is simply to live backwards, bass ackwards even.

Keep stoking the furnace Montana, keep shining your brightness!

There is a punctuation sign that was before its time, the Interrobang http://www.good.is/post/the-culture-of- ... ?GT1=48001. You could say this is the punctuation sign of the times although wtf is its current form. I will probably be obsessed with grammar for awhile, bty and fyi, by the way and for your information.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

carle wrote:
What's wrong with the power elite in the US ? This place is turning into a mean learning lab for many souls.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/11 ... ps-report/

As Lord Acton said: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.".

This VR is in need of a serious shift. How are we (as a civilization) going to evolve if this none sense is allowed to proliferate.

Carle
Carle,

a history of mankind across the ages is a history of war. Technology of the last century has open a new chapter for a home front. It has brought a war into our living rooms, as well we are able to learn about politicians more than ever before. Does it mean that life is getting worse or people becoming more aggressive, and hate is winning a game everywhere? I really doubt it. This is an information age, and media is eager to deliver more bad news every day, since this is a way to keep us glued to a TV set, to buy a newspaper, and feel helpless and paranoid. This kind of knowledge can be misleading. Do we have millions of people dying of starvation on this planet? Are military or secret government agencies playing unfair game? Yes to these and many other similar questions. Is it something new and never happened before? I don't think so. If we look back at the time, when India, China, Africa, etc. were colonies of Great Brittan, France, Spain and others, we can see the same cruelty, fight for resources, extermination of innocent people. We go back even further, and we see a Holy War, Inquisition, a witch hunt. A list of brutalities goes back to pre-biblical times. Of course, we are better informed now, otherwise we are on the same page with our ancestors. IMHO, of course.

Lena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To All,

The more I hear about work being done in various branches of mathematics and science, the more I realize how much is happening in terms of the spreading of concepts paralleling Tom's My Big TOE are showing up in society. Basically the concept that information and consciousness is fundamental and the idea that this is a virtual reality. This is on top of the general 'New Age' publishing that has been going on for some years. This is not based upon learning from MBT as paralleling and supporting the concepts in MBT. And MBT provides the framework to tie all of this together and give the bigger picture to hold and explain these developing ideas in science and society.

Consider that this is all an idea whose time has come and can make a big difference in society. Help to end some of the excesses and evils that you refer to. And the Internet and connectivity of peoples all around the world has made this all the more powerful as a movement, a sea change as they say, that may yet come into being.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:50 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I'm glad I'm not the only one on this forum with this sentiment: I found MBT after looking through youtube at reincarnation. I want rebirth in a saner world or at least, country. Policies are insane, and people are losing their sanity. I can't find it now, but I saw a "political commentary" by Glenn Beck of Fox, done while he was holding a couple of baseball bats! I hope this country becomes sane, but I'm fed up!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cybercentric Reality wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one on this forum with this sentiment: I found MBT after looking through youtube at reincarnation. I want rebirth in a saner world or at least, country. Policies are insane, and people are losing their sanity. I can't find it now, but I saw a "political commentary" by Glenn Beck of Fox, done while he was holding a couple of baseball bats! I hope this country becomes sane, but I'm fed up!
It's as if there were some nefarious plan to keep us all too busy (or scared) to think for ourselves, or to only let those that regurgitated the "official" reality succeed (teaching to the test), hu? We are waking up.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Yeah, too many people who wanted their "dream home" a few years ago, and were working 3 jobs to keep it. Consumerism started with Freud's nephew renaming propaganda "public relations" and convinced people that they needed to consume everything the Industrial Revolution could create.

Now we get to gently help these shopping addicts towards more realistic ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cybercentric Reality wrote:
Yeah, too many people who wanted their "dream home" a few years ago, and were working 3 jobs to keep it. Consumerism started with Freud's nephew renaming propaganda "public relations" and convinced people that they needed to consume everything the Industrial Revolution could create.

Now we get to gently help these shopping addicts towards more realistic ideas.

Well those buying those homes becoming trapped into the debt system, and then getting into more debt fixing them up into "dream homes" only to lose them to "the Banks" (now all fixed-up), but still in debt, need something.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I wrote a longer comment ,but lost it somehow.
So I'll just post these links and let them speak for themselves.
http://www.militaryindustrialcomplex.com/
http://www.costofwar.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?=SjCvrR641lw
If the youtube link doesn't work,type "Brainwashed America" in the search bar (by "kingkiavash")

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well most of us are just too busy to think, and that is how we are kept out of control because it is normal to let others think for us, and to take things on "authority" as how things are. As long as we aren't thinking for ourselves then we are puppets. In schools those that buy into the crap that is taught succeed, and those that don't don't. Teachers teach to the test. Then there is the idea that it is hard to lose control when you never had control in the first place, since organization of religion by fear of death and secrets (inward pointed vectors of Intent, using fear and secrets to manipulate people) took over control of the masses.

I have been wondering about brains, and food, and being controlled by greed induced socially acceptable brain numbing foods like corn syrup, sugar, meat, milk, fat, processed everything served in schools with the rest of the garbage that the students have to regurgitate during standardized tests, when they should be regurgitating the "food" they are fed that is subsidized by US. Could it be a coincidence that brain numbing foods stuffs is also big money government scam, that they were smart enough to know that in the beginning of this scam? That it was planned, rather than just "lucky" that stuff clogs our consciousness' AND made them so much money.

Have you seen the newest Zeitgeist video? http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ Click the eyeball, the Addendum, if you chose to watch it.
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Why does everyone attack USA lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lumpy wrote:
This is from a recent letter to the editor I wrote, and may have something to do with how people look at America.

"America was started by rich white men who were slave owners, I know this and it is public record. These rich white slave owners started America BECAUSE they wanted FREEDOM for themselves. While I am grateful for the start, now it is time for all good Consciousness beings to come to the aid of the Consciousness System of which each we are a part of."
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
Lumpy wrote:
This is from a recent letter to the editor I wrote, and may have something to do with how people look at America.

"America was started by rich white men who were slave owners, I know this and it is public record. These rich white slave owners started America BECAUSE they wanted FREEDOM for themselves. While I am grateful for the start, now it is time for all good Consciousness beings to come to the aid of the Consciousness System of which each we are a part of."
Love
Bette

I don't see how that has to do with USA now? Other countrys are just as messed up as ours is, but we got the constitution which is a pretty good system.