Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lumpy wrote:
bette wrote:
Lumpy wrote:
Why does everyone attack USA lol
This is from a recent letter to the editor I wrote, and may have something to do with how people look at America.

"America was started by rich white men who were slave owners, I know this and it is public record. These rich white slave owners started America BECAUSE they wanted FREEDOM for themselves. While I am grateful for the start, now it is time for all good Consciousness beings to come to the aid of the Consciousness System of which each we are a part of."
Love
Bette

I don't see how that has to do with USA now? Other countrys are just as messed up as ours is, but we got the constitution which is a pretty good system.

I think it has to do with the intent inherent in slave owners, that is why I say thanks for the start, but now it needs to change. Greed based evil action towards other for ones own profit is my point, wherever it is.
Love
Bette

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't see how that has to do with USA now? Other countrys are just as messed up as ours is, but we got the constitution which is a pretty good system.[/quote]
I think it has to do with the intent inherent in slave owners, that is why I say thanks for the start, but now it needs to change. Greed based evil action towards other for ones own profit is my point, wherever it is.
Love
Bette[/quote]

I know what your saying but what Im saying is that occurs all over the world, I don't see how it happens in the USA more than anywhere else, and at the point people become aware and want to change I think the USA has a system(constitution) that would make it alot easier to change than other places where people are not as free so to speak, but everyone seems to just dog on us when their country is doing the same things.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ah, I think I see your point Lumpy, finally. Yeah there is a lot of manipulating the absolute free will of other for ones own selfish profit everywhere globally and maybe more, I'm pretty sure that is the main thing we are suppose to be learning to not do to each other. It may be that we have reached the point that the manipulation ("evil") has reached such a level as to now be going down, to have the potential for teetering over to "good" (not manipulating the absolute free will of other for ones own selfish profit). I know I have personally tottered over towards that in my life, to stop being so manipulative, and although I am unique so is everyone else so I figure there is a bunch of teeter tottering going on everywhere once someone notices what is what. That takes control, to realize that we have control of our mind if we are lucky enough to come up out of our misery to notice.

You had asked something about why everyone attacks the USA, I think it is because are are so NOT low key. We bring a lot of attention to ourselves because we think we have it right, and we try to force our model on everyone. I was talking with a guy that called me from an letter to the editor, and I barely let him tell me that no, there aren't 6.7 billion realities out there, there are as many as there are different belief systems like religions. It made me want to consider starting a list of belief systems to see if it possible to pull the major ones, say that more than 100 people share maybe. He had a good point too, I think.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

bette wrote:
Ah, I think I see your point Lumpy, finally. Yeah there is a lot of manipulating the absolute free will of other for ones own selfish profit everywhere globally and maybe more, I'm pretty sure that is the main thing we are suppose to be learning to not do to each other. It may be that we have reached the point that the manipulation ("evil") has reached such a level as to now be going down, to have the potential for teetering over to "good" (not manipulating the absolute free will of other for ones own selfish profit). I know I have personally tottered over towards that in my life, to stop being so manipulative, and although I am unique so is everyone else so I figure there is a bunch of teeter tottering going on everywhere once someone notices what is what. That takes control, to realize that we have control of our mind if we are lucky enough to come up out of our misery to notice.

You had asked something about why everyone attacks the USA, I think it is because are are so NOT low key. We bring a lot of attention to ourselves because we think we have it right, and we try to force our model on everyone. I was talking with a guy that called me from an letter to the editor, and I barely let him tell me that no, there aren't 6.7 billion realities out there, there are as many as there are different belief systems like religions. It made me want to consider starting a list of belief systems to see if it possible to pull the major ones, say that more than 100 people share maybe. He had a good point too, I think.
Love
Bette

I see what your saying about the low key thing, but that really doesn't matter to me, people are always going to have their own opinion, I think alot of people bag on the USA not so much becuase of what we do but becuase people that have the bad opinion manipulate others to thinking their way, like in the case of war for example, there is alot of good reasons we go to war but at the same time you can make it look bad if you don't know the real reason someone is doing something.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm coming from a country where people don't like America very much. They have nothing against american people, like you guys.. but they do have something against the Government.

The reason being that you(US Gov) can do whatever you like, and smaller country's can't do anything about it. If your Gov decides that Kosovo (I think you all heard about it) is Albanian, it is... end of story. If we object, you bomb us. That isn't fair, it's blackmail... and you can't say people manipulate each other to 'hate' America.

And if that same injustice is repeating over and over and over again, people here start to build negative opinion about your country.

Regarding wars and reasons.. nobody can be sure in real reasons for war. You can only repeat what they told you. As far as the truth is concerned, your war in Afghanistan is maybe what they told you, maybe it's about Heroin, maybe it's about something entirely different, but whatever your opinion is, war is bad. Yeah, this may sound self-righteus, but from my perspective, that's the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:20 am 

Quote:
I see what your saying about the low key thing, but that really doesn't matter to me, people are always going to have their own opinion, I think alot of people bag on the USA not so much becuase of what we do but becuase people that have the bad opinion manipulate others to thinking their way, like in the case of war for example, there is alot of good reasons we go to war but at the same time you can make it look bad if you don't know the real reason someone is doing something.

It is because what "you" do- America is a tool for world domination of someone who is in control.

That's obvious from our point of view, cause we saw direct reality, and saw what was served for you to here about it.

But that's all interference for our attention. We should concentrate on our inner world, only one that really matters i think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We have to learn to live with a thought, that somebody does not like us whatever reason is behind their feelings, and accept it. If we anyway wish to know 'why they don't like us?', we have to look at ourselves and see who we are and what we do. Others are only our mirror, and we see reflection of what we do, think, how we treat them and so on. I think it works on a person to person level, and to the certain degree on how country sees another country as well.

We should remember that a country's government in the eyes of the world is a face of this nation . A next step, if this country is a democracy its citizens elect their government. We can say, that not all of us go to polls, or some people cast their votes for different candidates. But we accept our elected government until next election comes to change it or go on with what we already have. Any changes should start within, i.e. if we'd like to see our country getting better we can become involved in politics, but it is very well known that any politics and politicians are corrupted. Level of corruption may vary, but it exists and we can see it in this country as well.

We can start changing who we are, become open minded, see our fear. At the same time we can create friendly environment for others allowing them to change too on their own accord. Let them be, and not attempt to change them for any good reason we have in mind. We have to remember as well this is a preschool PMR, and most of us behave irresponsibly, as a three year old behave on a playground.

Our fear makes us angry, we are not able to tolerate thoughts, believe, ideas, culture, and etc. of others. We believe we have to teach them a good lesson, to change their approach to life, to make them see through our eyes to understand our truth. We know the truth, and we are ready to go to any extend to make it clear and obvious to everybody else. We have the truth and this is why we have a right to get their resources, because we are better, than they are. Fear creates hate. We become fear and hate, and the same we may expect to have in return. This is two way road, each side influence another.

Personal changes are very slow, and it might take a number of PMR lifes to IOUC to grow and get rid of fear, fear of unknown, i.e. a next door neighbor, another language, another everyday custom... Changes come from within, from us, not from a government. We are one, i.e. we are our government.

Lena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HI All

WOW!! A doom and gloom thread on this site!!!
Didn't think id ever see that?

This VR could never possibly even be anything like out of control!?
We may not agree with some of the choices some of the participants make but that doesn't make the system out of control.

Turn off the tv and concern yourself with the things you can reasonably make a difference to,if it is not in your power to do anything about worrysome situations in the wider world you may as well ignore them because you can only make it worse by coming on here telling everyone the world is such a shitty place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmOFRv84wY

Please listen to 7:00 mins plus

Wayno.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lena,
Spot on. Truly great comment !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

While researching the history of "Don't Tread On Me" (DTOM) because a local group is using that title to protest the local mandatory trash/recycling fiasco here, and I am trying to be the go between between the city and this group to try to help get this trash fiasco fixed hence all the letters to the editor I have been writing and quoting from. I think the DTOM group might have used the title "Don't Trash Our Rights" in error possibly confusing the situation even more than it already is since DTOM is associated with America and the idea of don't F with US as it applied to the Soviet Union, per the Metallica song here, with the lyrics. They say "so be it", but of course it sounds like "Soviet", anyways the lyrics don't ring true anymore (if they ever did) because now the US does start wars. Oh wait, I get it maybe, the lyrics were never correct, it was just socially engineered belief system stuff of public education....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1s-eV-Bd0
Liberty or death, what we so proudly hail
once you provoke her, rattling of her tail
never begins it, never, but once engaged...
never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage
said don't tread on me

Now the trash thing is turning into an argument between the City and DTOM about an initiative or referendum, about whether what DTOM is trying to do is one of those or the other so has completely derailed from being about the mandatory trash and recycling service AND the doubling of trash pick-up rates happening at the same time. I intend to put the argument back on track at least, it would be nice to be let to help them see what I can see, it just means opening up how the city and the only trash hauler here came up with the rates in their recent contract renewal, just that is all. :) That was a little idea that came to me, that the rates are in the city contract, not the mandatory trash/recycling orders, because it is so convoluted trying to get a business license has "forced" me to go talk to so many county city people, and as you can imagine I like to talk with people. :)

How can you lose control when you never had control in the first place? (wayno you made me think of that)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

HI Bette

Quote..
"How can you lose control when you never had control in the first place? (wayno you made me think of that)"

Your absolutly right my dear.
Control is not in our control and nor should it be, could you imagine the mess we would have if we were in control!!
I am now reminded of a quote i heard the other day.. "there is no "out there" out there, independant of whats happening in here(in the brain)".
That said we always look for answers in the "out there " and are mostly puzzled by the goings on we observe,we should learn to trust the system and let external events be..the insides where it's at!!
True deep learning is only ever found when experience meets wisdom on the inside.
I would think anyone who didn't learn a lesson from suffering didn't think very hard about the lesson he just experienced and probably needs to go back and pay more attention or needs to bring some of that suffering home so he can get it at first hand, i have suffered enough so i don't pay these situations too much heed.
so now there's outcry that wayno is a souless uncaring so and so...... hardly... the problem seems to me that we get caring mixed in with worrying? worry has no caring component to it, the only caring component to worry is the internal caring for the ego in the thoughts of "i worried more so i cared more" .
I am the most loving and caring guy i know but i never let worry seep into my caring or my mind anymore, we have to realise people involved in these dramas mostly learn from them and come through them to be better people.

The thread should be renamed "My VR is out of control" as i find my particular VR to be in good order?
I reckon we could all go and live in a nightmare if we chose,i however prefer to live a love story and see the negative aspects as unfortunate but necessary.

Wayno.

Last edited by wayno on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I like your style wayno. :)
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You guys make good points, I agree on just working on our inner selves and letting it spread. You cannot blame a country for certain peoples actions or bad intents, we all just need to keep that in mind and start to change from within.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Montana said: "It also has a sort of hypnotic gravity that makes it very hard to escape."

Why do you think this, Montana? Based on population size? I think your point about being "obliged" to return is pertinent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Based on population size?

I suspect it's more specific to new FWAU's population size as Tom once pointed out.