Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:12 pm 

First of all, I am new to My Big Toe and look forward to the new journey!

I read many of the other posts dealing with more or less this same topic. I do not think my situation is unique but am perhaps looking for some additional guidance on the matter. One of my biggest fears now is that of the manifestation of a non-physical entity in my PMR. It is almost like I expect it around every corner much of the time. I am trying to "get a grip" as was said in a previous post. Some days are better than other so I am trying to determine what it is within me that puts me in that particular state.

Another aspect of this situation is that my middle child (of 3 children-all boys) has the same fear. He is only 5 years old and it is difficult for him to get out of eye shot of us in a dark place (laundry room, bathroom, etc.) There is nothing that I am doing that lets him know that I am often afraid as well. It is kind of ironic that I merely mention to him that there is nothing to be afraid of. It also makes me wonder if this particular fear is innate. There has not been any traumatic events in his life that lead him to have this fear. He does dream a lot so I wonder if he is seeing things in his dreams that scares him and he is expecting to see it when he is awake. I suppose the same statement is applicable to myself as well.

Thanks,
J. Martin

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How long has this been going on for you? Can you elaborate further as this really makes no sense to me, considering that this is a VR.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:52 am 

Yes sir, I will try to elaborate. I suppose I always feel that there are things that I can not see that exist on the same "plane" as we do. These are things that I can not see for the most part. I worry, perhaps unwarrantedly so, that they will show themselves to me. Before I was married and lived alone, back in 2003, I went through this period where I always felt that there was a child or small being that I could not see in my room but that could see me. I was diagnosed with chronic insomnia at the time. Recently, within the past 4 months or so, the feeling of being watched has returned...along with the insomnia.

Again, this feeling is stronger on certain days. I am not sure why this is the case; perhaps it is dependent on how far off the "straight and narrow path" I am. If I am doing what I am supposed to be doing like loving my family, eating right, etc. then the insomnia and feelings of being watched are lessened. I am not sure. I am reading My Big TOE and have begun meditating and paying closer attention to my body as well as my intuition. Perhaps this will help me in getting to the root of the problem. Any help in pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks,
J. Martin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jmartin,

It would seem that this is related to a conventional psychological or neurological problem. Neurologically probably as it also appears in your child which would make it probable as an hereditable characteristic which would result from a genetic predisposition. It might just be a trick of your vision as some problem with your visual field that makes you suspect that there is something there that you just can't manage to see, disappearing as you try to turn your eyes or head towards it. I have such visual field glitches at times associated with what is lately called migraine equivalents where you don't have the headaches but instead get visual anomalies and other effects. Since your child has this problem as well, this makes me think of this as well as the way you describe these sensations. The appearance of these visual glitches corresponds with fatigue and might also correspond with other things as you imply. The neurological problem might give you the psychological problem as you dwell on it. Look up some of these ideas on the Internet and see if they can explain anything.

However, let me explain something that might be intellectually helpful in starting to release the feeling if you can seriously realize a different point of view about reality. MBT explains this reality as PMR, a Virtual Reality. In a VR, what you experience with all of your senses is based upon a data stream that comes to the real you, your mind as you exist as a digital consciousness. So there is nothing really 'out there' but it is all in your mind as your mind truly exists. So there can only be something there if The Big Computer that creates and organizes this data stream puts it there. Even your image as you look in a mirror is just part of this data stream. You as you experience yourself as physical are part of this data stream. So anything that appears to be there is just there as an appearance. That doesn't mean that you can't get hurt by conventional means in this simulation of physicality that is our VR experience. But it does mean that you can't get hurt in your actuality as you exist as a digital mind within consciousness space.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

gimartin wrote:
If I am doing what I am supposed to be doing like loving my family, eating right, etc. then the insomnia and feelings of being watched are lessened.

That's the solution right there.

Selflessness, putting your attention on the well being of others (like your family that you have been blessed with) will melt away your problem. Next time that happens, put the bulk of your attention on selflessness. Trust me.

If there is a presence, know that it it your own self, we are all one. Worst case scenario, it's like Ted said, this is a VR. Nothing can befall you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:02 pm 

Thanks for the help thus far. It is starting to make sense as I am reading further in MBT and with your aid in this conversation. I do have migraines, bad ones actually with headaches. I am sure there is something up there physiologically out of place but, to take your advice, I will not dwell on it. I feel I am starting to lay a pretty good foundation even in the little time that I have been reading and watching the YouTube videos of Tom's lectures (I've probably seen just about every one I could fine.) I have started meditating as well. As I am starting to explore-slowly-I am realizing there is a barrier, probably fear, that is preventing me from going too far. I am sure that if I start doing the right things in this VR and get myself back on the "straight and narrow", that barrier will begin to break down. I look forward to it! I had a good session this morning and feel pretty good. While "dreaming" I asked how I would be able to strengthen my relationship with my 3 little boys. The reply I felt was a definite, "just love them". It made me feel good and set me up for a great day with the family; probably one of the best in a long while.

Off subject just a little: A few years ago, I was awaken abruptly with the word "jurisprudence" ringing in my head. It was like I was hit with a ton of bricks it was that sudden. I had not read any law books nor had I ever really even used to word. To this day, I am unable to determine the significance of the term and why it was made so very vivid to me at that point in time. Again, I know this is a little off-topic and perhaps should either not be asked or asked in a different thread. The word is still ringing in my head today however.

Thanks again for all the help thus far. The more I read and learn about myself, the more I look forward to asking questions and possibly "passing it forward".

Thanks,

J. Martin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

J. Martin,

Since you had not mentioned migraine, I was shooting in the dark. Since you mention them now, I searched for "migraine visual aura" without the quotes and got many hits. Here is one link to some good information from the Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-aura/MM00659 There can be many variations from the visual effects they mention and demonstrate and particularly scotomas, blanked out areas, can be to the sides of your visual field. So when you try to see what you think is something non physical there in your peripheral view, it moves with you and you can't catch sight of it. I would not be surprised if along with outer migraine phenomena there was not also a feeling of some non physical thing or being as present also as a possibility, considering how wide a scope of known neurological effects there are. The text on that site is also useful. Looking further might just run across this as a know effect. There is obviously a very wide range of potential effects. Good luck and to your child with this problem as well.

Hope that this helps.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:49 am 

Thanks for the link. I knew there were side effects to migraines but had not idea they could be so extensive. I would not be surprised if my kiddo eventually develops migraines. Oh well, we'll just have to work it out together.

I do appreciate the help, Dr. Vollers and others who have posted replies in this thread!

J. Martin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You never said that this "entity" was dangerous or malevolent, so why the FEAR?

Many people report "feeling", seeing, or even communicating with "non-physical" entities without the fear.
Many of my friends (okay, just a few) have reported to me that they experienced the same thing throughout their lives, and the first response is usually fear. But it is usually fear of the unknown rather than fear grounded in ACTUAL threat of danger.

Fear like this (in my opinion) is equivelent to being afraid of every stranger you see around every corner.

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:04 pm 

Thanks for the reply, Patrick. I don't feel it is malevolent in any way I suppose. It is just that I suppose I am not comfortable with an unknown being-physical or otherwise-in my house or in my VR realm for that matter. I wonder if that is how "they" feel when go into their realm. I read, maybe in this forum, that a lady who "travelled" was referred to as the lady who was not supposed to be here.

Perhaps I should just accept it. However, I am finding that the more I read My Big TOE and meditate, the more comfortable I am becoming with the issue.

Any thoughts?

J. Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Personally, I am not opposed to the idea of non-physical beings. I have come to understand that the universe (or larger reality system) "...is not only greater than I imagine, it is greater than I CAN imagine". It is possible that you are aware of some presence (or it could be psychological or even physiological) I have no way of knowing which. But there are others here that might be of more help in that area.
In my understanding (as well as in MBT) there are many different types of beings and critters in the "non-physical", and Tom admits that some of them are pretty nasty. Just as there are many types here in the "physical" (and some are pretty nasty here too). But I have always associated the ratio of bad-to-good, to be pretty much the same on both "planes". It turns out to be a "Bell-curve" (as I see it) where there are a small few of really malevolent beings and a small few of purely benevolent beings but MOST beings fall in the middle somewhere (not all bad or purely good but kind of average).

I imagine that if I were to explore other "planes" of reality, then I would be the "non-physical" being. And if the beings there were to be able to sense my presence, they might be startled at first (and possibly frightened), and even though I cannot consider myself to be PURELY GOOD I would have no malicious intent either.

It is possible that your child is aware of beings as well. But it is also possible that he is picking up, or sensing your fear, (we are all communicating with each other all the time telepathically, whether we know it or not) again, I would have no way of knowing.

There are times when fear may be appropriate (where actual danger is present) but otherwise, irrational fear is destructive and, to be honest, quite pointless.

You can disregard what I say if you find it, in the least, unpaletable and correct me if I am wrong but in MY opinion your problem is not "non-physical beings". Your problem is FEAR.

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:06 am 

Patrick-

You are probably right on target when you said that the problem is not non-physical beings that the problem is with my fear. Don't worry about giving me advice that you may deem unpalatable. I am pretty much open to anything. It has to be WAY OUT THERE for something to be difficult for me to take. Even then, if I know if to be true, I'll take it by piecemeal.

It is very possible that my fear is being transmitted to my child's. I am going to pay close attention to this as I work on it an how it effects the kiddo.

Thanks for the advice and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

J. Martin