Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What is next?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I seem to remember from an interview in which you mentioned another book project.

Last edited by Roland on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just answered that question in an email, Here is a copy:

Question: “What are you doing now? are you working on another book ?“

Answer: Sort of… very slowly….my day job has reared its ugly head again so time is precious.

If you click on “about the publisher“ at the MBT site you will see this:
Books on the horizon:
• MBT Quotes - A book loaded with art and the best quotes from My Big TOE
• Primal Man & Primal Woman - A discussion of the significance of gender.
• Cultural Disintegration - What's going on and why
• Living in The Big Picture - Life beyond the edge

Basically, I am ever so slowly working on the first two bullets. The first is distilled essence of MBT. The second looks at gender, the fundamentals of male and female and their natural interaction after all the cultural overlays (beliefs) are stripped away. The third is about cultural transitions presently taking place. The fourth is pretty self-explanatory.

Tom

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: What is next?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Do you have any plans on translating MBT to other languages some time in the future?

Would love to read "Cultural Disintegration - What's going on and why". Everyone has their spin on why, but would love some "low entropy" points of view. Be nice for a comparison against my own.

"Primal Man & Primal Woman - A discussion of the significance of gender" that subject became a mute point when I considered there was no true difference between a man and woman in the spiritual sense. We have the same capacity to love, fear, be greedy or kind, etc. However for some reason we attribute such qualities with gender such as Mars and Venus. Now with a growing big picture I wonder what possible differences actually exist.

"Living in The Big Picture - Life beyond the edge", trying to experience that now.

Shin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm with Shin here; I'd love to see what you have to say about the present cultural degeneration, or the general principles of the phenomenon. It's something I've studied extensively and in which I have a keen interest. Might you publish some essays on that, or the other listed topics (above), preceeding the book form?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roland,

Probably no time soon.

Essays without full explanation just start arguments and generate much work answering questions. Essays with the arguments discussed and many of the questions answered are equivalent to full books. If one does the first without the follow through to get to the second, one has just stirred the pot which accomplishes little because the probability of creating a net valuable change at a fundamental level is small. One may counter by singing the praises of occasionally stirring the pot, but pot stirring (e.g., dueling with sound-bites), is not my thing.

Because of the requirements of my day job, and trying to keep up with interactions related to MBT, I presently I am working about 14 to 18 hours a day 7 days a week and slip sliding away -- am unable to keep up with what I need to get done -- mostly, I just squeak by with the help of my friends and because of benevolent perturbations in The Force. Leisure time like watching a movie, or sitting on my back deck enjoying the view are rare cherished events. I stay balanced and grounded because Pamela, The One, requires it and enforces it, but remain committed to the eyebrows. In a few years, after I retire again (for the third time), the pace will get back to "normal". Until then, additional books are pretty much on hold. Bummers!

Tom C

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A project such as a book on CD of the trilogy for people requiring this seems something can could be taken on without too much of Tom's time unless he wanted to do the recording, which actually would be nice, but a voice model could do the actual reading of the book. This would be very useful for the blind as well as those who like books on tape, and the data already exists.

I am also one who desires more, more, more, but can find other useful data while I wait. My new topic for my thesis is titled "Gang Violence as a Perturbed Field Pattern of Unitary Human Beings" and is going to be using Hemi-Sync or Binaural Beat Therapy to try to snap gang members into a different mode to effect the ability to have quality interactions rather than just trying to not be killed when going on about our daily lives. The cultural disintegration book would be nice to have now...

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

oooo ,

gender is very appealing to me.

So are all the others ^^

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

relV wrote:
oooo ,

gender is very appealing to me.

So are all the others ^^

relV, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm so ready to hear more from Tom on all of those topics listed above. But we should be patient. I understand that being in a rush can be counter-productive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am so eager for that Primal Woman, Primal Man book to come out but I can't help but wonder if Cultural Disintegration should come first? If there are transitions currently taking place, wouldn't now be the time to explain them to us?

I'm sure we're all going to love "MBT Quotes" but my personal wish would be to save that for an anniversary edition 10 or 20 years from the date of first printing. It's just my opinion, but I am hungry for new material before you spend your time rehashing what has already been written.

I read in the newsletter one of the additions to the next printing will be "a page of added text outlining more specifically how MBT derives the little TOE (QM and relativity derived from the same overarching fundamental principles - the holy grail of physics for the last 70 years) from basic MBT virtual reality theory." Any chance we here on the boards could get an advance look at that page? This is something I really want to be able to discuss with my dad, and honestly he turns 87 next week, I don't know that he will still be with us when the new printing is released.

Thanks!
Lynda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lynda,

Tom has already posted the basic material here on the BB. If you can't find it, I will try. It has been within the past 6 months or so.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think also a good summary is contained within the workshop slides accessible on the MBT homepage. I recommend anyone to download the set, and go through them from time to time, as a good revision exercise!

Arthur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted Vollers wrote:
Lynda,

Tom has already posted the basic material here on the BB. If you can't find it, I will try. It has been within the past 6 months or so.

Ted

Thank you, Ted, I'll take a look. If I get stuck I'll let you know :)

This might be one of them:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2843

(halfway down page 4 of 5): "Vestal,

I just pasted this paragraph here from another much longer forum post -- it seemed to fit here as well. MBT is both credible and unique because it alone connects the dots and fits all the available data points.

MBT delivers one elegant overarching concept that derives both quantum mechanics and relativity from first principles. It also derives the core of metaphysics (from ancient times to modern times) and provides a solid theoretical basis for modern mysteries of science like "backward causality" (see forum discussion), the placebo effect, synchronicity, precognitive dreams, etc., that are derived from those same first principles. While Schrödinger and Einstein simply assumed, respectively, that particles were probability distributions and that the speed of light was invariant because those assumptions produce right answers, MBT derives from first principles why both of their assumptions must be so. Lest you think my "first principles" are unsupported, It would appear that Edward Fredkin and the digital physics movement agree with me about PMR being a computed reality and that Brian Whitworth in his latest paper (accepted for publication in peer reviewed journal) agrees with me about logical conclusions of such a reality (advanced copy: http://brianwhitworth.com/BW-VRT2.pdf ).

Tom C"

I'll go look for the "much longer forum post" Tom mentions above.

Edit: April 3rd, 2011

In case you missed it elsewhere, these are some of Tom's previous interviews:
Radio Show Archives http://www.intuitivesoul.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=61

Intuitive Soul Radio Interviews:

Thomas Campbell 25/02/10 Author of My Big Toe
Thomas Campbell 21/08/09 Author of My Big Toe
Thomas Campbell 13/08/09 Author of My Big Toe This one has two of my favorite quotes starting at 38:10 "We tend to fall in need with other people" and then at 38:18 "All love is unconditional. If there are conditions, it's not love."

News for the Soul Archives (Please note, these are links to the pages of the archives where Tom's interviews appear, not a direct link to the interview itself. You will need to scroll down the page and look for the cover of MBT to find Tom):

http://www.newsforthesoul.com/mr8.htm April 7th, 2008 and February 4th
http://www.newsforthesoul.com/mr12.htm September 3rd 2007

Hillary Raimo
http://www.achieveradio.com/hillary-raimo/index.php (2/11/2010 and further down, 10/1/2009)

Shirley Maclaine but you must be a member to listen:
http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/ieradio/about/guest-406

Tom being interviewed by Chuck and Karen Robinson on their What If It Really Works? Radio show.

http://www.whatifitreallyworks.com

Click on Tom's picture and it will take you to the interview page and wait for the interview to load.

And of course there are links to more interviews on the Good Stuff page at MBT Events:
http://www.mbtevents.com/Free_Stuff.html[/quote]

This list can also be found on page 5 of the Tom's Upcoming Interviews thread

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3985&p=19904#p19904

PM me if you want me to add something to it.