Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wikipedia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Anybody out there want to get Tom's name on Wikipedia? I did a search and found a few "Thomas Campbell"'s but one notable Tom was missing.
I thought I'd start a page but without any experience I was scratching my head a bit. It may be easy to someone who has done 'Wiki' before. BTW there is no Tom Campbell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Thanks,
Peter

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Wikipedia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OK so I managed to put a Tom Campbell in the disambiguation page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cam ... mbiguation)
For some reason the link in this post doesn't add the final ) so add it and you will see the page.

Thanks,
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Peter,

I second to the creation of a Thomas Campbell Wiki.
Back when i was researching him (Tom) Wiki was my first stop, and is usually everybody elses so it would make sense to have some info up about him.

But i myself like you wouldnt know where to start, but im all up for it if you require some help.

Weltall.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OK lets try this again ;-)
I have created a draft for Toms Wiki page and I ask all who want, and know how, to contribute the best they can.
Just click on 'edit this page' at the top and go for it !
This is the page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindhush At the moment it has my user name as the heading so as not to get deleted like a previous attempt.

thanks,
Peter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ironically, I created a simple wikipedia page for Tom (no, he didn't ask me to) a little over a week ago. I was wondering why it didn't show up if you had searched for it- so I logged on to my Wikipedia account and found this message:

Speedy deletion nomination of Thomas Campbell (Physicist, Consciousness Researcher)A tag has been placed on Thomas Campbell (Physicist, Consciousness Researcher) requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section A7 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article appears to be about a person or group of people, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. Under the criteria for speedy deletion, such articles may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable, as well as our subject-specific notability guideline for biographies.

If you think that this notice was placed here in error, you may contest the deletion by adding {{hangon}} to the top of the page that has been nominated for deletion (just below the existing speedy deletion or "db" tag), coupled with adding a note on the talk page explaining your position, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the page meets the criterion it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but don't hesitate to add information to the page that would render it more in conformance with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Lastly, please note that if the page does get deleted, you can contact one of these admins to request that they userfy the page or have a copy emailed to you. Passportguy (talk) 15:31, 13 May 2009 (UTC)

----------------------------------------

I'd just like to note: that I did include on the page I created, pretty extensively and professionally- WHY Thomas Campbell and his scientific theory should be mentioned. ...Wikipedia bastards...

Cole

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To all who want to participate in Peter's (and Cole's) project.

I edited the page with a few technicalities and details. Try to add more of the seminar sites with a fuller citation including the college of spirituality in London, whatever it was called, where he also gave a seminar. I am not experienced in posting to Wikipedia so I am not going to try to make sure this meets all their criteria. Those of you who are, please try to dot all the i's and cross all the t's and spell everything correctly. We want this to be properly done and to represent Tom at the first class level that he deserves. Many of those involved with Wikipedia seem to have strong personal ego concerns and investments in control and what is proper to post. Try not to anger them. They appear to want contributors to be committed to the organization long term, not just pop in and post something. I will watch the progress and note anything further I can suggest or fix any details I see as necessary. Hope you don't mind. Will they permit posting links to Tom's lecture videos on Youtube or elsewhere?

Thank you all for wanting to do this. I'm sure that Tom appreciates your thoughts.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, thank you... I do appreciate your efforts.

A few years back I posted some material at Wikipedia under the Theory Of Everything Topic -- subtopic alternative (fringe) theories. The very plain vanilla material I posted lasted about a week before being deleted.

That it is someone other than me making the post will probably improve the credibility, and thus potential success, of your effort immensely.

Tom C

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The scholastic merit of Wikipedia is evolving as we speak into having some scholarly merit. The two reasons I say this are that my university, and possibly APA itself (American Psychological Association), now speaks about using wiki as a reference, and that wiki is changing its editing rules for entries about living people. The reason I have always had for wiki not being scholarly (and the reason it was not allowed as a scholarly reference before), was that citations or giving references are only useful if the one using them can actually follow the lines of thought created by synthesizing that information with your own, and that if the exact words and info gets changed in the mean time then the trail is broken, concepts are lost for other. Just something I noticed.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Peter and everybody who is doing such a great job with this entry. I made a few minor edits, there were some extra spaces that needed to be removed and I changed the word "on" to "in" at the end where it says he's in the cast of Afterlife. I hope this is ok.

One of the first things I did after watching the 2/22/08 London lecture (for the first time) was search Tom on Wikipedia. I was disappointed to see all the Thomas and Tom Campbells and not the one I was looking for. I will be glad when this is out there for general consumption so others don't feel that same disappointment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I changed insure to ensure. Some sources say insure is ok, but some may think insure is wrong...maybe its a Canadian/British/Spelling thing....please advise if you wish this reversed. Assure could be used as well.

"He now works part-time as a consultant for NASA within the Aries I program (follow-on to the Shuttle) assessing and solving problems of risk and vulnerability to ensure mission and crew survivability and success."

I would clarify the status of the PhD work. I do not mean to diminish Tom's credentials whatsoever, but when he becomes more well known, any perceived misunderstanding regarding the Phd level work may be misrepresented in the future as resume inflation...I see there is a reference to "Dr." Campbell on the forum. If he has the PhD, that should be clarified.

After doing a brief review of Wiki policy, I propose that as a next step a very brief wiki stub be created with links to the Amazon site selling his book (focusing on that as his main verifiable claim to fame); The TMI page that introduces him as a speaker; and other third party sites that refer to him. See if we can get the very brief stub to stick. Challenge it if they delete it. List it with his full middle name so that other Tom/Thomas Campbells who are monitoring their wiki presence do not get their hackles up.

perhaps I am out of the loop on this and another strategy is in play

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The writing of the titles of Books 1, 2 and 3 are inconsistent. Only book 1, Awakening is Italicized. I am not going to attempt to fix it.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

kroeran wrote:
"He now works part-time as a consultant for NASA within the Aries I program (follow-on to the Shuttle) assessing and solving problems of risk and vulnerability to ensure mission and crew survivability and success."
I think the part about Aries needs to be removed anyway. Should we put that he does consulting work for SMDC, MDA and NASA?

kroeran wrote:
If he has the PhD, that should be clarified.
I am not being critical but stating fact for the sake of clarification. Tom does not have a PhD. He has a PhD education but not the actual degree.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

this is the short wiki stub I propose, focusing on facts that can be independently referenced, and playing down the weird stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kroeran

feel free to edit

repeated below for your convenience, with links not working
====

Thomas W. Campbell, Jr. (born December 9, 1944 - ), physicist, is the author of the book trilogy My Big TOE [1] (TOE is a scientific term for: Theory of Everything).

Campbell was the keynote speaker at The Monroe Institute's twenty-second Professional Seminar, held March 20-24, 2010, where he had previously been a member of the Board of Directors. The Monroe Institute credits Campbell as being the "TC (physicist)" described in Robert Monroe's second book Far Journeys. [2]

Campbell discussed his book at a presentation to the London College of Spirituality February 22, 2008 entitled Physics, Metaphysics, and the Nature of Consciousness [3] (Presentation Deck) [4]

Campbell is a professional physicist with expertise in large-system simulations, technology development and integration, and complex system vulnerability and risk analysis, working mostly in the context of US missile defense systems, including working with the Space and Missile Defense Command, the Missile Defense Agency and NASA. [5]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:50 am 

What will happen if Wikipedia fails to raise enough fund? The appeal for donation from the founder of Wikipedia is appearing on the top banner of Wikipedia. If Wiki fails to raise enough fund, will Wikipedia be closed or will it change to a profitable organization?

Last edited by shamoly on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Welcome to Tom's MBT discussion forums shamoly. You would need to ask Wiki those questions about Wiki, I'd say.
Love
Bette