Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 pm 

Dear Tom,

First and foremost, I cannot find words to express my gratitude for the sheer intensity and quality of the intellectual (and experiential) odyssey that your trilogy has put me though in the last 1 month since I got to know of it.

It seems to me that the fundamental objective must be a much bigger 'project' of helping transform global consciousness for the better , at a time when the world is precipitously careening off balance!

If that assumption is right, I thought about sharing some preliminary design principles for the 'global consciousness institution' if we can call it that. (I am wary of any institution in a PMR sense because of inherent dysfunctionalities of institutional ego and such, but i mean it more as a metaphor for a larger global program)

4 interesting questions which deserve some thought

a) How will the Consciousness Institution look in terms of manifestation (university, book series, curriculum, physical/ digital classroom or dissemination process, certification)

b) Who will be the faculty? (Many names come to mind - but I think a coherent, single orchestration engine is required than the new age movements of today which seem to dispersed and unwittingly subject to limitations of scale and scope)

c) When is the right timing for such an institution be conceptualized, constructed and rolled out across 6 billion people? ((is there a need for a conventional 'burning platform' (as if we do not already have one)or can it be invoked from a purely evolutionary need))

d) What is the right 'Management Infrastructure' required to build and run this global institution? And specifically, given the nature of the subject, what would be the right capital architecture for this institution?

In terms of fundamental design principles for this, I see 2 goal related aspects that need to be addressed:

1) Width related - how many people are affected, who are the people affected, and what is the multiplier effect for onward transmission

2) Depth related - how fundamentally and rapidly does the consciousness transformation process begin and continue, and how is its effectiveness measured (if there is a need to measure anything, in the first place)

Width is an aggregate centric parameter. The key width factors are:

1a) High impact recipients: Take the 100 most influential people in the world today and encourage spiritual awakening (for example), and their span of impact will affect many people positively as beneficiaries of that change process in material terms

1b) Train the Trainer: Every recipient not only embarks on the liberation process himself/ herself, but has the ability to coach others in their domain of impact. Thus onward transmission becomes an engineered process, and affect many more people positively as beneficiaries of that change process in spiritual terms

1c) Multi-segment contextualization: This is about nuancing the change intervention to become acceptable and effective in various recipient segments - social, cultural, economic.

Depth is a individual centric parameter. The key depth factors are:

2a) Mass customization: While the change process is 'industrialized' to achieve scale, it needs fine-tuning to meet the intimate, specific needs of a single recipient. This is thus the width related factor 1(c) being orthogonally serviced to the 'market of one', utterly and thoroughly

2b) Integral approach: The change process must be comprehensive- mind, body, shadow and spirit, so that there are no imbalances

2c) Self sustaining evolution: Tracking every evolutionary trajectory to create, nourish and accelerate the individual journey beyond the 'escape velocity' threshold after which it will automatically move on to achieve its highest purpose, on its own.

I have been on a restless, and as of now inconclusive quest to put a tight and implementable formulation to the 'consciousness institution'.

Your trilogy is very powerful raw material for that institution, if the right dissemination process can be engineered.

I welcome your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Neelesh

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Let me say welcome Neelesh; welcome to Tom's MBT discussion site. I'll leave the answers to Tom.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neelesh,

Your goal to create a 'global consciousness institution' is laudable and your organizational approach is sound at the top level - pretty much by the book - but there are two more questions that need to be answered about the 'global consciousness institution:

1) What is its purpose, its goals, its mission - what are the specific criteria that will be used to measure its success? What are the criteria that would measure its failure (something more than just the negative of the criteria for success)

2) What is the probability that this institution, as you envision it, has the potential to satisfy its purpose and meet the criteria for success? Why will what you build necessarily (or at least likely) produce a result that satisfies the criteria for success. List the logical conditions for success and the probability of each being true.

These two questions must be answered before your four questions become meaningful.

Best of luck with this project.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:05 pm 

Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

The GCI (Global Consciousness Institution) concept is simply a specific filter-query of intentionality applied to a virtual reality database of possibilities!

The meta-purpose of GCI (Global Consciousness Institution) is on the same lines as MBT: improving the quality of global consciousness, reduction of collective archetypal entropy and enablement of productive work that serves the planet better and quicker. The ‘individuation' of that meta-purpose lies in every human being waking up to realize his/ her true potential - unshackled from the prison of delusion and perceived limitations of circumstance. And firing on all cylinders to fulfil the core reason for their existence (Marc Gafni calls this ‘imprinting one's unique letter in the divine scroll'!).

Two ‘How' questions inevitably blend into the ‘What' question of the meta-purpose. It seems to me that:

1) While every individual launches into his/ her own accelerated personal consciousness evolution journey, there is immense synergistic profitability potential in ‘exchanging notes' with others, intelligently contextualized and facilitated by a suitable collaboration environment. In Buddhist terms, this is about leveraging the power of the ‘Sangha' in the pursuit of the ‘Dharma'. In Ken Wilber's post modern integral lingo, this is about the integration of ‘agency' and ‘communion'.

2) While the individual and collective consciousness evolution journey grounds the world in true ‘being', there needs to a structured purpose-space matrix created for actualizing the potential energy in beneficial ways. Andrew Cohen calls this ‘from being to becoming'. You make such references in the trilogy as well. The ‘becoming purpose space' is like a well designed simulation process workflow that channelizes the improved intentionality, motivation and creative energy of global humanity (that wells up from the grounded state of being) into solving issues and making better things happen.

For both the above ‘How' questions, the semantic web has made many things possible today than was ever possible earlier. The ashram, the classroom, the laboratory, the playground and the simulation cockpit can all be on the cloud, powered by the right content and context.

To go back to your question on success criteria, it is perhaps no different from the success criteria structure of MBT itself. If a statistically significant proportion of the global population ‘wakes up' and does more useful things than they are doing today and feel more fulfilled whilst doing so, GCI is successful. But that is at a macro level.

The width-depth parameters in the earlier post can be used to construct a micro level goal structure. I am attaching a spreadsheet herewith which attempts such a structure, including some probability / logical conditions.

Thanks,

Neelesh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:07 pm 

This didn't allow me to upload a spreadsheet or word doc, so I have sent it my email to you Tom.
Neelesh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Neelesh, do you realize this institution is right here now, here as in the Consciousness System. This is what it looks like already. What you are discussing is what it is becoming, what it can become?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:09 pm 

Indeed Bette.

As we all know, the horse has to drink the water itself. We are simply trying to take the horse(s) to the water. That includes ourselves, first!

Also, horses for courses! A set of scientific models (including the MBT) would constitute the scalable platform. On top of that would need to be functionally rich, interactive applications!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Neelesh wrote:
Indeed Bette.

As we all know, the horse has to drink the water itself. We are simply trying to take the horse(s) to the water. That includes ourselves, first!

Also, horses for courses! A set of scientific models (including the MBT) would constitute the scalable platform. On top of that would need to be functionally rich, interactive applications!
The quality of the information (the clarity of the water), the ability to provide concrete answers across many levels of the platform starting with "correct" information that somehow automatically gets updated as the "correctness" changes with progress needs to be addressed. Things change, and change is constant. Information systems need to track the changes automatically, like our big one does.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, as close to the horses mouth you get is the famous Mr. Ted. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Neelesh wrote:
The GCI (Global Consciousness Institution) concept is simply a specific filter-query of intentionality applied to a virtual reality database of possibilities!

The meta-purpose of GCI (Global Consciousness Institution) is on the same lines as MBT: improving the quality of global consciousness, reduction of collective archetypal entropy and enablement of productive work that serves the planet better and quicker. The ‘individuation' of that meta-purpose lies in every human being waking up to realize his/ her true potential - unshackled from the prison of delusion and perceived limitations of circumstance.
Hello,

I do not apologize for bumping an old thread. I't's only fifteen or sixteen months old, and it came back in a search for Individuation and Matrix.

I wanted to make the following data available to those of you who might derive value from it.

PLEASE take what resonates and LEAVE THE REST!

Love,
Lynda
http://plus.maths.org/content/illusory-universe
http://goldring.wetpaint.com/page/Human+Reality+Matrix
http://www.empathictherapy.org/
http://goldring.wetpaint.com/page/Free+Will
http://goldring.wetpaint.com/page/Perspective