Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:49 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have a few questions on the topic of reality co-creation and simultaneous selves that I hope some of you can help me with.

I’ve recently dug up Book 3 of MBT and re-read the chapters 7 to 11 (A Model of Reality and Time) to find out if/how it explains the following statements I’ve read from other non-MBT material:
- S1: You create your own reality
- S2: We co-create this reality together
- S3: You can change reality by “shifting your frequency” (new age term for raising the quality of your consciousness - aka lowering your entropy)

My questions:
  • Q1: are any of these statements wrong or inaccurate according to MBT?
  • Q2: S1 and S2 seem to contradict each-other a bit. How can everyone create their own custom virtual reality while still experiencing a shared reality? Or does "you create your own reality" simply means that we can filter the received data the way we want (analogy: two game clients rendering the same world with different graphic settings), but we're still all connected to the same shared reality data stream?
  • Q3: Assuming S3 is valid - If I shift to a new reality, am I replaced by a statistical model of myself in the old reality frame? Is that what is meant by us having multiple selves?
  • Q4: Assuming S2 is valid, how does the system select the probable future reality that will be experienced as present by all the players in the next VR tick? Is it akin to a voting system, where each FWAU selects his preferred future reality with his free will choice, and the probable future reality with "the most votes" becomes the actualized present on the next simulation frame?

I have more questions but they depend on the answer to this first batch :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A1: They aren't wrong but they may lead to inaccurate assumptions and conclusions depending on how you interpret those statements. You create your own reality by the choices that you make within your decision space, but there are things outside your decision space that are in your reality (such as the rule-set, randomness, other players etc.)

A2: Part of what is outside your decision space is the free will decisions that other entities can make, because the reality is multiplayer. You can change the data-stream you receive (the data-stream is personal for each IUOC: an example would be seeing "Auras", analogous to changing the graphic settings), but ultimately the shared "objective" reality data is stored by TBC and mostly available to all.

A3: For a recent answer from Tom regarding this subject, see: viewtopic.php?p=44113#p44113

A4: It is sort of like a voting system, where the choices you make in your decision space affect what the next VR tick will be (that's your vote), but there are random/probabilistic components that get picked according to probability. If something is 90% probable then that will be picked 90% of the time, on average. You can apparently affect probabilities using your Intent (also your "vote"), depending on how strong, clear, focused that Intent is.

That's my best understanding at present.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

While we do create our own reality in many ways, through our choices, interactions, INTENT, and also through our perception, based on interpretation of the data received, awareness, knowledge, and experience. Others are also creating their reality, based on their interpretation of the data received, (perceptions) knowledge, experience, choices, interactions, etc., and we do influence and affect one another.

So in a sense, we ARE co-creators of this reality both individually and collectively.

At the same time, just to make things really interesting, we are all experiencing the "illusion of separateness". While being "cut from the same cloth" we are all interconnected, interrelated, and inseparable.

Since we ARE consciousness, and our "reality" is virtual, (existing within consciousness space) and Time and space are also "virtual" and illusory, then it is all (time, space, and reality) just existing within "MIND space".

A small change in awareness can have a large affect on our perceptions, essentially changing our (perceived) reality. And when enough people experience the same (or similar) "growth" in awareness, individually, the collective reality will change accordingly.

There is a common experience shared by many individuals (astronauts) who have had the opportunity to leave this planet. Once they leave the atmosphere and begin to orbit the planet, they suddenly find themselves outside of the "smaller reality" and experience the "larger reality". It's called the "GOD effect", (looking down on the whole planet gives one the perspective of "a god") I suspect that they discover a new affinity for ALL things terrestrial. A new fondness for their fellow man, and a new found appreciation for how we are all interconnected. Many have come back to say that it was a life changing experience. I suspect that this sudden shift in consciousness and awareness can be experienced by all, without ever leaving the "physical" atmosphere. We just need to increase awareness to include the larger reality.

Well, it used to be called the god effect. Now it seems to be the title of a book. I was looking for a link but only found this: "The God Effect", about Quantum Entanglement. which seems interesting by the way.

Oh now it is called "space euphoria" or "the overview effect"

http://www.whatismetaphysics.com/astron ... e-god.html

Quote:
Learn how astronauts experience god by reading this:

Space Euphoria: Do Our Brains Change When We Travel In Outer Space?

In February, 1971, Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell experienced the little understood phenomenon sometimes called the “Overview Effect”.

He describes being completely engulfed by a profound sense of universal connectedness. Without warning, he says, a feeing of bliss, timelessness, and connectedness began to overwhelm him. He describes becoming instantly and profoundly aware that each of his constituent atoms were connected to the fragile planet he saw in the window and to every other atom in the Universe.

He described experiencing an intense awareness that Earth, with its humans, other animal species, and systems were all one synergistic whole. He says the feeling that rushed over him was a sense of interconnected euphoria. He was not the first—nor the last—to experience this strange “cosmic connection”.

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One does not have to be 'out there' to experience this. It has been going on for millenia.

Does anyone remember a very early report from an astronaut who saw a 'winged being' outside of the space capsule? It was reported publicly but subsequently buried, probably from embarrassment. If it can be found in a Google search, it is deeply buried.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This link puts an interesting slant on things What do people think !

http://www.garnier-malet.com/homepage__ ... ry_131.htm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

And another interesting concept More similar to Teds ideas in many ways

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/rdp/kat ... model.html

and follow the links to other pages on the site

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A less mathematical explanation and if you look at the links on the left side there are more readable explanations
Is this Indiras web Ted?

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/rdp/s_r ... y-rdp.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Andy,

Those links are neither like Ted's ideas nor are they Ted's ideas to which you refer. They are just Tom's ideas stated without all of the explanatory information that Tom put with them that allow so many people to think that they understand. They do understand in a metaphorical way but not in a detailed way that someone with the right background would understand. The links that you supply are PMR approaches to figuring out how reality is based and consciousness arises from it. I repeatedly urge, beg or what have you for Tom to step in if I am incorrectly describing something and he promises faithfully that he will do so. Personally, I don't see how it is so difficult to understand, but I have had a life that included learning concepts that basically prepared me to understand these things. I really think that all of the information, at a bare minimum, is there in the Wiki to follow this through. But I plan, and Tom will be working with me eventually (he promises) to add more side notes and things that may make it clearer for most people. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/In ... _MBT_Model

Indra's net from ancient Indian metaphysics is the same as Tom's Reality Wide Web. The Jewels of Consciousness, reflecting each other in their myriad facets on Indra's Net are the same thing as the IUOCs connected to the RWW. I never mentioned this to detract in any way from Tom's model or cause confusion but to show that it is the same model as the ancient Indian metaphysicians and mystics. I think that it is of value to understand that Tom is discovering and describing the same things, in metaphors of modern physics and information technology instead of mysticism, as the ancients did. The same with the Void which Tom discusses and which is the same Void of the ancients. The same as the Buddha referring to this world as Illusion translating to Tom saying that this world of PMR is a Virtual Reality. It is the Illusion of a physical reality.

I wrote what is at present on the Wiki about Tom's model. Every bit of it is there in Tom's writings describing his model however. If it was fully understood, that would be readily visible.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

drajw wrote:
A less mathematical explanation and if you look at the links on the left side there are more readable explanations
Is this Indiras web Ted?

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/rdp/s_r ... y-rdp.html

Yes, it is what is called "Conservation of Quality of Consciousness" here, this
Quote:
I realised[sic] that I ought to be able to create a flaw-free alternative theory capable of eliminating the difficulty, using the expertise of my own discipline. I soon found some other difficulties in need of resolution and so treated them all simultaneously as a single holistic problem. The solution, which began to appear in a few years, showed me that the paranormal and survival of consciousness must be real and true: an integral part of what I think of as an enlightened physics. Not until then did I embark on a search for evidence and did so by joining a circle for psychic development. This was run by two mediums,
except it isn't paranormal it is normal when one uses Tom's model in understanding death and reincarnation.

I'll keep reading now, thanks Andy. :)

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ted I just posted it for interest as being another 'TOE' vaguely along the same lines. I realise it is not exactly the same but wondered if you felt it was another attempt to get to the same concepts thats all. Many thanks for your helpful comments.