Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Near Boston, MA, USA
dbmathis wrote:
Based on my experience you are likely here to witness humankind self destruct because of fear. This is not necessarily an bad thing. :)
From Hideout Harvey's post "found this" (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5967)

We are here to learn to use our minds
What is the purpose of your life? Modern evidence tells us that your life on earth is a series of lessons in how to better control your mind. All the difficulties that you face, all the setbacks and successes, are meant for the growth of your consciousness package – your mind, your emotions, and your spirit – for convenience, let’s just call it your soul. If you read the Gospels in light of modern evidence, you see that nearly everything Jesus says is a lesson in controlling your mind/soul package.
“Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.” (Mt 5:39-41) Rather than turning you into a sissy, Jesus is suggesting some mind-control exercises that are wonderful for your spiritual growth. Try practicing these rules when you drive in traffic and you will start to see what I mean!

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.” (Mt 5:21-22) Because you are trying to train your mind, your innermost thoughts are very important. Try living your life without any anger at all, ever, at anyone, for any reason; try removing all curses not just from your speech, but from your very deepest heart.

“Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven…. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing…. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” (Mt 6:1-4) There is a story told of a woman who during her whole adult life required herself to do one good deed for someone else every day… and if anyone discovered what she was doing, her good deed didn’t count – she had to do something else. What wonderful mind-training that would be! (This story is told by a spirit on an upper astral level who tells us that when this woman crossed, she was celebrated by her fellow spirits like no one else before or since. Not the right reason to develop her habit, but nice to hear about nonetheless.)

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” (Lk 6:41-42) What a wonderfully vivid lesson! Jesus speaks often against the all-too-human urge to criticize other people; He wants us just to work on improving ourselves. Whenever you are tempted to criticize someone else, try instead to find your own similar shortcoming – knowing that you surely have one – and fix that first.

“If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” (Jn 8:7) Keep the thought foremost in your mind that you cannot condemn anyone else for sinning until you yourself are entirely sin-free, and you will avoid the awful sin of judging others.

“But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.” (Lk:35-36) The purpose of our life on earth is to learn to think as much the way that God thinks as we can. And the “reward” that Jesus talks about is apparently extraordinary: evidence from the upper astral levels (what is sometimes called the “Summerland”) tells of a life that is active and joyful in a setting of mountains, trees, and flowers, with none of the negatives of earthly life but with all of its positives greatly magnified. Imagine a very long vacation in which you can live exactly as you choose to live, surrounded by everyone you care about in a white-lit panorama of absolute peace. Above the astral levels are the mental levels, and above even those are the celestial levels, about which little is known but that the utter joy of the celestial levels makes the astral Summerland seem plain as dirt. Kind of think of a permanent mental orgasm magnified a hundred-thousand fold, and you get a small sense of what it will be like when you are pure enough to be close to God.


The Home Team is rooting for you. Jesus says, “I tell you that in the same way there is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.” (Lk 15:7) There is modern evidence that God is working to bring every soul ever born to His level, including all the Hitlers and Mussolinis and Stalins who are going to take a lot of teaching. Life is eternal, after all. He is working in a timeframe that includes forever.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am
Posts: 240
Location: Austin TX
Right. The problem is that maybe 5% of the worlds population actual gets that. Especially Christians, which believe based on fear rather than getting that we all have jesus' power within us, and that he was just a man incarnate.

Humans in my experience have reached a pivotal point where it's evolve towards love ( like Jesus taught) or self destruct. It's one of many possibilties, which is in no way a negative thing. It just may be a huge lesson that has an significant effect on reducing entropy.

I think you would like the movie "Peaceful Warrior"

_________________
After all this is over, all that will really have mattered is how we treated each other.

http://www.malleablelight.net


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:30 pm
Posts: 1075
Location: New York City
dbmathis wrote:
Right. The problem is that maybe 5% of the worlds population actual gets that. Especially Christians, which believe based on fear rather than getting that we all have jesus' power within us, and that he was just a man incarnate.

Humans in my experience have reached a pivotal point where it's evolve towards love ( like Jesus taught) or self destruct. It's one of many possibilties, which is in no way a negative thing. It just may be a huge lesson that has an significant effect on reducing entropy.

I think you would like the movie "Peaceful Warrior"


Jesus did say the choice is ours, "Placed before you is life and death, good and evil, Choose..." basically the choice is "Love or Fear"
Everyone wants to change the world and nobody wants to take responsibility for the state of the world, and change themself. Its like saying; "The world would be so much better if everyone would just do what I want"

_________________
LOVE is the answer

peace
patrick


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:40 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 am
Posts: 186
Location: South Carolina currently, home state- Michigan, also have lived in Florida
dbmathis wrote:
I think you would like the movie "Peaceful Warrior"


db,

I love this movie too. Have you read "The Journeys of Socrates"? It tells the life story of the character Socrates. I really enjoyed the story of how Socrates got to be who he was.

Jeanne

BTW: "Peaceful Warrior" is available to watch instantly on Netflix for any of you who are subscribers.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:57 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 am
Posts: 186
Location: South Carolina currently, home state- Michigan, also have lived in Florida
Joseph,

I've asked myself the same question, and I have my own speculation. According to MBT, this is a VR trainer, and we are trying to improve the quality of our consciousness at the "being" level. Sometimes it is difficult to know what you really know at the being level and what is still just intellectual. Maybe our PMR experience is a test or a practice run on the things we think we know. If changes really have occured at the "being" level, we'll pass that particular test and then move on to the next thing we need to work on to lower our entropy still further.

For me, this answers the question about why we don't really seem to know why we're here. If we knew we were here to demonstrate our ability to show compassion or beat addiction or make a difficult relationship work we could "fake it" using our intellectual knowledge in order to "pass". I may be able to give all the right answers while sitting comfortably in an NPMR paradise, yet fail miserably down here in the PMR trainer.

I could also speculate that some people who possess expanded awareness may be here in more of a "staff" capacity. If this is a kindergarten, there may be some first and second graders who come in voluntarily to try to help and enlighten us.

I don't know any of this for sure, but this possibility has occured to me.

Jeanne


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 9097
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The basic reason that we as IUOCs participate in any PMR type VR and also in the NPMR type VR is being forgotten. As Tom has explained, we were individuated from the whole of The One Consciousness so that we could interact, thus lowering our entropy and raise our Quality of Consciousness. As we remain and function inherently as integral parts of The One Consciousness for most of our time measured as CS delta ts or state changes, we thus reduce the entropy level and raise the Quality of Consciousness of the whole. As there are apparently no other AUMosaurs as Tom has referred to the possibility, AUM has no one to interact with. No playmates. So we were created and are being used as an internal substitute for this external lack.

First were invented the NPMRs in which we all and continuously participate but in which progress comes slowly. The intensity of interaction and feedback are very low and the result is limited and slow. Then PMR were invented because of the high intensity of interaction, speed of feedback and resulting much faster growth rate. We get to participate in the choices of our situation for our intermittent PMR participation. Many do not bother but accept whatever comes, the luck of the draw, as it is all good training and growth potential. The harder the life, the higher the growth potential. So if you draw the short straw and have a hard life, there is compensation in that the gains are probably higher.

So when you want to complain about your life and the difficulties, it may be the result of chance which you accepted going in. You were not dumped into here against your will. This may have in fact been a situation that you chose deliberately because of the learning potential at your particular stage of development. The norm is however to participate in PMR experiences if you have the capability. If you are not happy with the result, then talk it over with guidance the next time before signing on the dotted line. You will have an entirely different perspective from there in NPMR. One forgets the difficulties and appreciates the gains. It is after all a Virtual Reality and the suffering was not terminal in any true sense.

Ted


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:15 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am
Posts: 240
Location: Austin TX
Good reply Ted. And on course with Tom's model on Tom's forum :)

_________________
After all this is over, all that will really have mattered is how we treated each other.

http://www.malleablelight.net


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:08 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:53 am
Posts: 2549
One way to discriminate between the 'being level' and the 'intellectualizing level' is this:

What are your impulses and how do you act when you respond to stimuli before you can think...? Someone else does something stupid in heavy traffic and you instinctively do this or that.... Or someone says something that wasn't what you expected and maybe you're over-tired and you come back with... what? Or maybe circumstances are profoundly distracting... the sewer's backed up and the freezer stopped working and there's weird charges on your credit card and one neighbor is having a garage sale and another is having a family get-together and no one can park anywhere near your house and the plumber parks 100 yards off and the dog keeps barking and the phone is ringing and some salesman shows up at the door and that's the last straw and you treat him or her... how...?

OR:

This is harder to catch, but someone does something for you that is deferential...especially considerate, especially nice, ... a good deal beyond what justice calls for... lots of times we don't even notice when it happens because we are involved in our own process.... what is the reaction in this case...?

OR:

Moving from the reactive level to the proactive level of operating in your various milieu, ...what really motivates you...? What really 'turns you on' and makes you want to participate in or instigate some process or situation...?

...It's that behavior that we default to when we don't have the time or energy to let the egoic fear that guides rationalizing how we shall do things to fit our idea of ourselves that does the telling about where we are at at the being level.


-Montana


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 am
Posts: 30
dbmathis wrote:
Based on my experience you are likely here to witness humankind self destruct because of fear. This is not necessarily an bad thing. :)


So you mean that you and the person you wrote that to are here to (and a lot of other people too, not necessarily just you and that other person) witness humankind self destruct because of fear and that you are "souls" from other places that "needs" this particular experience? Like another universes, or other planets etc. (?)

:)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:26 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 am
Posts: 30
Jeanne212 wrote:
Joseph,

I've asked myself the same question, and I have my own speculation. According to MBT, this is a VR trainer, and we are trying to improve the quality of our consciousness at the "being" level. Sometimes it is difficult to know what you really know at the being level and what is still just intellectual. Maybe our PMR experience is a test or a practice run on the things we think we know. If changes really have occured at the "being" level, we'll pass that particular test and then move on to the next thing we need to work on to lower our entropy still further.

For me, this answers the question about why we don't really seem to know why we're here. If we knew we were here to demonstrate our ability to show compassion or beat addiction or make a difficult relationship work we could "fake it" using our intellectual knowledge in order to "pass". I may be able to give all the right answers while sitting comfortably in an NPMR paradise, yet fail miserably down here in the PMR trainer.

I could also speculate that some people who possess expanded awareness may be here in more of a "staff" capacity. If this is a kindergarten, there may be some first and second graders who come in voluntarily to try to help and enlighten us.

I don't know any of this for sure, but this possibility has occured to me.

Jeanne


jesus christ that was a good argument for why we "can't" know why we are here. Thanks a lot, this will be interesting thinking about.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:38 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 am
Posts: 30
Ted Vollers wrote:
The basic reason that we as IUOCs participate in any PMR type VR and also in the NPMR type VR is being forgotten. As Tom has explained, we were individuated from the whole of The One Consciousness so that we could interact, thus lowering our entropy and raise our Quality of Consciousness. As we remain and function inherently as integral parts of The One Consciousness for most of our time measured as CS delta ts or state changes, we thus reduce the entropy level and raise the Quality of Consciousness of the whole. As there are apparently no other AUMosaurs as Tom has referred to the possibility, AUM has no one to interact with. No playmates. So we were created and are being used as an internal substitute for this external lack.

First were invented the NPMRs in which we all and continuously participate but in which progress comes slowly. The intensity of interaction and feedback are very low and the result is limited and slow. Then PMR were invented because of the high intensity of interaction, speed of feedback and resulting much faster growth rate. We get to participate in the choices of our situation for our intermittent PMR participation. Many do not bother but accept whatever comes, the luck of the draw, as it is all good training and growth potential. The harder the life, the higher the growth potential. So if you draw the short straw and have a hard life, there is compensation in that the gains are probably higher.

So when you want to complain about your life and the difficulties, it may be the result of chance which you accepted going in. You were not dumped into here against your will. This may have in fact been a situation that you chose deliberately because of the learning potential at your particular stage of development. The norm is however to participate in PMR experiences if you have the capability. If you are not happy with the result, then talk it over with guidance the next time before signing on the dotted line. You will have an entirely different perspective from there in NPMR. One forgets the difficulties and appreciates the gains. It is after all a Virtual Reality and the suffering was not terminal in any true sense.

Ted


my thankfulness all over this place may not be productive, but, I have to say thanks again. I really can understand this. <3Ted<3


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:17 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 10515
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Joseph wrote:
<3Ted<3
Ted, the symbols encasing your name mean "heart" or love, in case you did not know.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 9097
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Ha! And I thought that it must mean something about bald head with long hair on the sides and a beard. I am totally out of it between the new slang and texting symbolism. Thank you, for the explanation and for the thought.

Ted


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:18 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am
Posts: 240
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
So you mean that you and the person you wrote that to are here to (and a lot of other people too, not necessarily just you and that other person) witness humankind self destruct because of fear and that you are "souls" from other places that "needs" this particular experience? Like another universes, or other planets etc. (?)

:)


I was hoping you wouldn't ask, but since you did, here I go.

The person I wrote this to is you (Joseph) and I didn't mean a lot of other people or the other person, just you. I have seen a vision and you were in it. A great weevil plague will befall humankind (and only humankind). Bigfoot will be spared. The entire human population will soon go insane when panic weevils crawl into their ears. The insects will whisper and sometimes yell scare tactics directly into the eardrums of sleeping men and women. The result will be mass hysteria and destruction of all humans except for just one, the Joseph who started this thread. While standing in a wasteland you then realize that your sole purpose was to witness the entire race of humans be destroyed, and all because humans had failed to question what the weevils were saying

~~

All I am saying is that the society I live in seems to be asleep and scared to death. Unless people wake up and start loving each other, there may not be hope for our tiny physical existence. Just seems like the total extinction of a race caused by it's own action or inaction might be a great learning experience.

On a different note, I am here in this forum talking to people who are awake, which seems to indicate that the scales may be tipping in the other direction.

No matter what happens, what a great experience.

_________________
After all this is over, all that will really have mattered is how we treated each other.

http://www.malleablelight.net


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: WHY AM I HERE?
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:45 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Near Boston, MA, USA
Ted Vollers wrote:
Ha! And I thought that it must mean something about bald head with long hair on the sides and a beard. I am totally out of it between the new slang and texting symbolism. Thank you, for the explanation and for the thought.

Ted
I thought it meant "less than three".

;)

(That's a wink)


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group