Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Do not make an initial post to start a new thread on this forum once you advance beyond the beginner level of posts. This forum is an experiment with the purpose of encouraging the participation of those who have so far only hung out in the background and looked over the bulletin board. It is intended to be a place where things are orderly for beginners without the free interaction of the main board. Post only with care for the recognition that we are welcoming a new member and not arguing with a fellow old timer. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi,

I keep seeing the number 13 every were multiple times a day and also get into situations with the name Lisa throughout my life, today a Lisa pulled out and hit my car this morning, no one was injured btw.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am not sure about this, but it might depend on what you are prepared to see. If you focus on the number 7, you might begin to see it everywhere instead. And Lisa is a pretty usual name.
Another idea is that LCS is trying to tell you something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Example with the number 13..

I work as a car detailer and valeter and travel out to customers, most of the day I was seeing 13 then got to work and the customers car was parked in the space 13...so it's more like it pops out at me, I find it quite amusing and it does put a smile on my face, sometimes I can guess when it pops up, for instance a news article about a child popped up and in my head I said I bet they are 13 and to no surprise it was 13, also 13 is the letter M my initial.

Synchronicity plays a massive roll in my journey, but the number and name is quite significant.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would say that on an absolute basis, this means nothing. It may have a meaning for you as some kind of 'nudge' from the CS but then it may not just as well and simply be chance but you notice it. As an example from my life, Friday the 13th is traditionally considered to be unlucky in this culture. Ever since my divorce was finalized on Friday the 13th, I have joked that it must be my lucky day however instead of bad luck. In fact, there has never been before or since then anything significant one way or the other associated with Friday the 13th for me. Nothing really means anything with this type of occurrence unless you decide that it does by paying attention and thinking so. Seems sort of like having a tune keep running through your head. If you pay attention, it can be annoying. If you don't pay attention, it changes to something else or simply goes away. If you quit noticing 'there it is again', it would have effectively gone away. Mind over matter! If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted Vollers wrote:
... Mind over matter! If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ...

That is a really good one IMO :)

Thank you Ted!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh, man, that's almost a triple coincidence!

The first one:
I am too "haunted" by 13. In many class records in many schools I had been assigned number 13, my personal code in passport has a part 11433 in it (you can make two 13 of it), and when my parents decided to move closer to their relatives, only the flat number 13 was for sale, and I am now living in it. Those are the biggest 13s in my life, I haven't counted others, but there were many.

The second (almost) one:
My name is Maris, which in my country Latvia, is almost equivalent of Martin, and in various English forums I prefer to be called Martin because Maris sounds more like a girl name in English.

The third (almost) one:
I have a childhood "first crash" and I am still thinking a lot about her. And guess, what! her name is Līga, really similar to Lisa.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Spooky :)

I did used to think it was just coincidence but the number 13 popping up along with so many synchronicities gives me the feeling that this is not coincidence.

My first crush was also a Lisa and my first girlfriend was a Lisa.

Maybe your my double :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My mom always hated the number 13 because my father found out he had cancer on the 13th, he found out the results of two bad biopsies on the 13th, and he died on the 13th.

I made a point of not fixating on the number and it has never had any significance to me other than my father's death day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a great deal of fantasy invested in the number 13 and Friday the 13th. I knew there would be information about this on the Internet and here is just one of many sources.
Quote:
The modern basis for the aura that surrounds Friday the 13th stems from Friday October the 13th, 1307. On this date, the Pope of the church in Rome in Conjunction with the King of France, carried out a secret death warrant Against "the Knights Templar". The Templars were terminated as heretics, never again to hold the power that they had held for so long. Their Grand Master, Jacques DeMolay, was arrested and before he was killed, was tortured and crucified.
I made one spelling correction in the above. Otherwise, it was taken from here: http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/ ... iday13.asp There were 1 3/4 million other results for a search on 'basis for 13 as unlucky number' on Google.

Most of you are basing your superstitions about the number 13 upon something that you have likely never heard of such as Jacques DeMolay and the Knights Templar or of Loki as the 13th Scandanavian demi god as being evil or of the 13 'guest' at the last supper being Judas.

Well, if you like fantasy . . .

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't feel the number as positive or negative it feels more like a nudge of sorts, if that makes sense.

Had a little look at the Knights Templar stuff when I used to browse info on the Illuminati in my conspiracy phase.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I too haven't noticed anything special on 13th dates or any "bad luck" associated with it. It just "happens" to me with more obvious consistency than other numbers. Actually, it seems amusing. Each time I am a number 13 in some register or list, I smile and think: "Well, that's my number again, so I have come to the right place."