Return Home

My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here

To register for the forum, click here

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi kroeran

I am definitely going to that link today and read that. Thanks

Now, on your comment about an additive personality, just to make sure, I assume you mean addictive as always making the a choice for the same reason/reasoning. True?

By the way, can anyone lead me to where I can find the IT abbreviations for this site, like what is a BBCode or parsing URLs???

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you really want to know, click on the phpBB at the notice at the very bottom of the page. They have a manual available for download at several levels as I remember.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

PTipon wrote:
Hi kroeran

I am definitely going to that link today and read that. Thanks

Now, on your comment about an additive personality, just to make sure, I assume you mean addictive as always making the a choice for the same reason/reasoning. True?

By the way, can anyone lead me to where I can find the IT abbreviations for this site, like what is a BBCode or parsing URLs???

I was using it in the sense of an addictive personality needs to always be in high risk/stimulation situations to feel comfortable, and this normally plays out as drug or gambling or promiscuity or unintelligent risk taking...addiction -

some people with this trait are able to control it with equally forceful executive frontal cortex functioning, and these are the successful mountain climbers, day traders, real estate entrepreneurs...rags to riches to rag to riches yo yo guys...

one combat to depression is to try something worthwhile, with an important reward, maybe a little bit dangerous, very very carefully

sometimes unhappiness is a mismatch between your values and your personality - a high intensity kid born under a high intensity dad, will be trained in how to channel intensity...productively and safely

a high intensity kid born to a low intensity dad, may not be able to figure out how to use their biology or Quality...and they normally turn to vice as the only preceived action available

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi kroeran

Quote:
I was using it in the sense of an addictive personality needs to always be in high risk/stimulation situations to feel comfortable, and this normally plays out as drug or gambling or promiscuity or unintelligent risk taking...addiction -

I'm curious where this 'addictive personality' trait derives from. Is it a psychological term? It kinda sounds like that. I have never had any of the above afflictions other than I gambled while at the University for about 3yrs and then quit. It was really hard work and time consuming. I was on the level of doing magic with horse racing and craps. But I figured I was in school to learn something and have a career thereafter.

Quote:
some people with this trait are able to control it with equally forceful executive frontal cortex functioning, and these are the successful mountain climbers, day traders, real estate entrepreneurs...rags to riches to rag to riches yo yo guys...

Now this part ....... I have definitely been a rags to riches character many times. I am currently in the rags area from being a multimillionaire type. I have also made somewhere between a dozen to two dozen millionaires.

Continuing, for myself I don't have a depression or unhappiness problem and I don't live dangerously. I am always up to an intelligent well thought out challenge and can keep at it till its conclusion which is usually many years.

My dad was low intensity and I have always been looked at by others as low intensity and action. That's my normal - every moment state. I am very capable of putting the pedal to the metal when it's called for in improving things around me and I'm not afraid to push around anything that needs it in this mode. Otherwise I'm pretty calm and complacent. I'm not manic in any sense either.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A few updates.

I have been doing meditation with binaural sounds and oral guidance. But recently I have switched to just binaural sounds alone and additional sessions with just a mantra alone. I like doing each by its self better. One form, the binaural lets me independently explore and evaluate whatever comes to mind. The mantra style keeps me at a singular focused experience but only with the experience of that meditation with a mantra. Sometimes I breach from the meditation and have to get back into it. It is becoming easier to do either one.

I have yet to experience what I would consider a real OBE. I can wander off and go places but I still have the sense that I am imagining it rather than doing it. While going off to visit places in a spiritual manner I also have a link to the senses and state of my body that follows with me. I do have many more lucid dreams but I experience them as if they happen to me. Not much happens in the way of my being able to be there, partake of the experience and consciously act on my own accord. It's more in line with watching a movie and being one of the characters.

I have now been doing the meditation for 3-4 months. What I know has changed is my mind and body are a lot calmer. I am less uncontrollably pulled along by the current of those events that one experiences as a matter of typical life events. I'm different. I think, evaluate and respond in different ways than previously. Things are changing for me and I will get into that as those changes become more dramatic. As for now they are changing as though I am at the start of the runway of change.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cool, thanks for sharing Paul. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The first mp3 from this post has great discussion by Tom about meditation.
http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7022&p=55444&hilit=boston#p55444

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alik,

Thanks. Those audios are very interesting and enlightening. I am midway on the 3rd one now.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Get thread PTipon, Ill be following your progress. You seem to be on a good path, and seem very dedicated to what you set yourself to.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Targobaath,

I may not be posting on this thread in the future. I have another thread going which will also include my experiences with meditation as I progress through my growing up altogether. I have included the link below for quick access.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7053&p=56030#p56030

Paul