My Big Toe Forum

Discussion and Explanation of the Writings of Tom Campbell: The Paradigm Changes Here
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:58 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

antispam: No
What is the sum of 3 and 2?: 5
Hello everybody,

during today's monthly Fireside Chat session Tom proposed that we enable people from the MBT forum to ask their own questions which will then be answered in the monthly Fireside Chats videos on Tom's Youtube channel.

The proposal is that whoever feels like it can post a question to this forum thread and we will select a couple of questions for each future Fireside Chat session. Depending on how many people make use of this new option we might not get to answer all of them but we will make sure to pick a couple of your questions for each session.

If you want to raise the probability of your question getting selected, make it an interesting and innovative question ;-)

The first session where several of your questions will be asked is our next session on January 4th 2015

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom,

I have a question on the changing of data streams from the PMR data

stream to any LCS (larger consciousness system), data stream.

Which of these 2 processes best describes how this is done for the

majority of people interested in achieving this through their

meditative practices using conscious intent ,

(realizing that reality is subjective , such that either process
could be correct for any individual) ??

A). The data change and awareness shift happens more abruptly . Perhaps could be described

as an "Aha Moment" for an individual, due to the obvious realization

that one is clearly in a different reality frame from PMR.

B). The Data stream change and awareness shift happens quite gradually ,

subtly , and slowly increases in both clarity and definition with

time and practice.

Thanks, Brian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:23 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Tom,

I have a question about life events that create challenges and opportunities for us. You have indicated that those in positions of power are generally not so different than the rest of us, which can be a difficult truth in itself. Never the less, if we use MBT, we are looking to decrease entropy in our social interactions, and remain focused on solutions to create an environment for growth. In talking to others, it seems so many authentic, evolving people find themselves in a position where they must deal with a 'high entropy consciousness' perhaps through a malicious lawsuit, a controlling boss, or something else, but that they don't immediately see the growth opportunity. As you have said, if we focus our response on manipulating outcome, we are not growing. Instead we should let go of outcome, and question our intent, and why we are acting the way we do.

My question is, that if life events become so intense that despite our efforts to keep our fears in check, these events overwhelm our consciousness, we lose the ability to mindfully question our own intent, and we sense over time our decision space is getting smaller (as often happens when dealing with controlling people) could you go into some depth as to how the opportunity for growth might be found in unwanted interactions with these powerful people?

thank you,

~brianwl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:20 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

In the partial autobiography of Book I, Tom talks about a moment where he was shut out from visiting NPMR as a youth; he asks someone to take a look to see if he'll ever be able to return, at which point, the person looks, realizes with agitation that he saw something he was not supposed to see, and runs off without another word. I've been dying with curiosity to know if Tom ever found out what it was that the person saw, and if he could share it with us! Perhaps this is too personal, or unfit to share with all of us, but I thought I'd ask. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom -- first I simply have to say thank you for all you do, which in no way can ever begin to express my gratitude and appreciation....
In terms of questions, I have 2. First, you have shared that new consciousness is coming into the larger consciousness system all the time. Is this correct, and if so, I am wondering where is the new consciousness coming from? I would think in a contained system, specifically the larger consciousness system, individual units of consciousness would be finite.....what am I missing?
And a second question, if you don't mind sharing -- what is your relationship like with your animals? I have seen a dog and a cat in some of the videos and being an animal lover, I would love to hear about them and if they chose you or if you chose them, or mutual attraction, ha ....basically anything you can share about your animals will be a joy to hear.
Thank you,
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chris,

I can answer the first question for Tom and from whom the information comes to save him trouble unless he chooses to add his own comments. While the LCS is finite, it is not fixed in 'size'. More reality cells can be added to the LCS as needed just by having data to be entered within them. So all it requires for more IUOCs to come into existence is for data, representing information, to be inserted into reality cells on the 'edge' of what already exists and then simultaneously the RWW extends to include them so that by this means of communication they become part of the Union that is AUM. By putting 'edge' in quotations is meant simply for visualization because in PMR terms, clearly there is more room on the 'edge' of anything. We do not know literally the geometry of the LCS as being within it as IUOCs, we cannot 'see' the reality within which we exist as a consciousness.

As I understand, it is common for multiple other existing IUOCs to contribute data to be included within the new IUOC. They are not copied or cloned but rather by having multiple and varied 'parents', they are new and unique and can begin to function and to join in the process of development by incarnating in a PMR and beginning to reduce their entropy and develop their Quality of Consciousness.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is very helpful Ted. At times, I find it hard to wrap my head around all the implications of reality being data, so what you have shared is very insightful -- thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Question to Tom.

Please explain "transplant cell memory" from the position of MBT.

Backgrounder: http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-organ-t ... yes-247498

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom, my question is related to brianwl's question - what the Hell is the purpose of psychopaths?

I've had to deal with these ultra low QoC individuals all my life. The closest analogy I can make is that they are like 'black holes' of self interest. They will suck every last bit of love, time, money, resources and energy out of a person. I've seen enough of them to realise that they seem to enjoy the destruction of good people with empathy. In many cases, such as torture, they seem to get a boost of energy from their destructive practices.

My research has indicated that about 6% of the human population are primary psychopaths with a larger percentage of the population being infected by their presence. They know they are different and recognise each other and network. I've watched this recognition and it is similar to the gay people having a 'gaydar' to recognise who's gay. You can watch them recognise a 'fellow path' as they react like they have met an old friend.

The only thing they seem to respect is a BIGGER psychopath. Which, it seems, is counter productive to developing a higher QoC. What role do these human avatar 'black holes' play in the scheme of things?

A personal question, I know it was a test and by the way events unfolded I must have passed it, but can you give me any information about what happened on 22 March 1970 over in 'Nam? That one still has me running in circles.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:38 pm 

Can Tom comment on new research on a deterministic model of Quantum Mechanics as reviewed here?

http://www.wired.com/2014/06/the-new-quantum-reality/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom or Ted,
If this is a virtual reality that is a subset of something larger, does that not imply that this reality/ universe is someone else's "science project?" A virtual reality means that someone had to fire it up, right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Juan,

That concept is at the core of what Tom teaches and is extensively discussed. The nature of Reality as the Larger Consciousness System (LCS) where The One Consciousness came into being and which at this stage of its development, Tom calls AUM. This is covered in Tom's books and on the Wiki and is discussed on the board in much shorter form and bits and pieces. We as IUOCs exist in the LCS, interconnected by the RWW, and in our Union are AUM. That Union is facilitated by the RWW. AUM provides Virtual Realities as places for us to be conscious within. We as IUOCs function in groups which Tom calls The Big Computer or TBC and we as such create the VRs within which we function. So effectively we as a part of AUM create and host our own VRs. All of this by the messaging over the Reality Wide Web which connects all IUOCs in Union to function as AUM, to function in smaller groups as TBC (there are many instances of TBC) and to receive message streams which separately create our NPMR experience and our PMR experience. So we host our own VR, but not within our individual consciousness. As a part of AUM or a part of TBC, we are not conscious. And within a VR, we receive the data stream of what we are conscious as created by TBC. We individually experience those data streams and make decisions to interact with them. Everything in a sense is just smoke and mirrors, the messaging over the RWW.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Brian and I had a private conversation about psychopaths and I started a thread on the topic. Perhaps it may help to understand our interest in the topic - https://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewt ... 256&t=9164

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tom,

I have a question that concerns the “training” you received while in npmr. Are you able to tell us what it was, specifically, that you were being trained for? For instance, do you feel that your training and experimentation in npmr was to be primarily directed towards writing your MBT trilogy and to teach and spread the information over the Internet, hoping as well to help change the paradigm of scientific thinking on consciousness? Or are you perhaps currently using your past training much more in npmr than in pmr? For instance, is there some current ongoing agenda in npmr where your experience, knowledge, and teaching is perhaps more desperately needed and being utilized?

Thanks Tom,

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ASPIRATION OR FATALISM - WHICH APPROACH IS APPROPRIATE UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES?

Tom,

You've said that we should learn to live gracefully with uncertainty and stop trying to manipulate events in an attempt to produce certain outcomes. But isn't it equally important for us to aspire and to have goals? How do we know when we should aspire and persevere and when we should let go of the compulsion to control and manipulate to achieve our aims?