Return Home
It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 5:07 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:19 am 
Normal User
Normal User

If reality is virtual, then basically every planet/star we see in our telescopes is just drawn and shown to us using a probability distribution. It is just information coming into our eyes, which then had to be consistent from then onward.

I am wondering if, in the greater future, we humans go out and explore other planets. If we were to do so, would that planet/star turn from only needing to be visually rendered to being physically rendered? If that is the case, then is basically every planet/star rendered to touch and feel until we actually touch it?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The VR is just an incoming data stream to the IUOC. Stars in the sky are not rendered much more than what you see when you look up until you get close or utilize a telescope etc.

If the entire universe was rendered all the time, it would be considered a waste of resources by the current interpretation that we contextualize the double-slit experiment in -- which is basically that the system is finite and utilizes techniques like rendering to optimize for low computational complexity. Since the VR is created for IUOC evolution and primarily valued for avatar interaction, it wouldn't be necessary to always render the rest of the empty universe if there isn't going to be avatar interaction.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I am wondering if, in the greater future, we humans go out and explore other planets. If we were to do so, would that planet/star turn from only needing to be visually rendered to being physically rendered? If that is the case, then is basically every planet/star rendered to touch and feel until we actually touch it?
Yes, exactly!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:35 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

to add to this because i am curious too... if other beings are already out there who have visited a planet would that planet be rendered for us (if we went there) what those beings saw when they rendered it when they got to the planet? if so it kinda reminds me of the video game no mans sky. i think tom has mentioned this a little and i have played it so it would make sense to me :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If those beings are incarnating in a PMR in our solar system, then that information would be in our ruleset. But if it is a visit from beings outside our PMR, via receiving a data stream, then probably not. Because that data was interpreted by them through their own filter and would not be interpreted the same by someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:27 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
If those beings are incarnating in a PMR in our solar system, then that information would be in our ruleset. But if it is a visit from beings outside our PMR, via receiving a data stream, then probably not. Because that data was interpreted by them through their own filter and would not be interpreted the same by someone else.
righton that is kinda what i thought too thank you sainbury!