Return Home
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:50 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Out of body, remote viewing - if this were true, then...why aren't people making tons of money from predicting the stock market, gambling, etc?
Tom says he often went out of body and remote viewing in the past, present, and future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

In responding to this, I think there are a few things to consider when trying to adequately form an answer to your question..

But one thing I recall clearly was that Tom tells this story about this guy who was very good at guessing lotto numbers..
But it was something he was only doing among family and friends. And one key thing was he only did it for fun , and so he wasnt actually buying the tickets and involved in the Lotto game officially with the motive to profit from his remote view attempts.. He would write the numbers down, lock them in his privare vault and than they would all check his answer the day following the lotto drawing..

So as the story goes, one day he decided to actually buy a ticket.. do his best to accurately guess the number with the intent to profit from his winnings.
But as it turns out, he did very poorly in this attempt when the main intent was to profit from this remote view exercise..

So apparently the LCS does inhibit these kinda attempts to use RV for profit reasons..

I think Tom tells this story in only 1 or 2 of his collection of videos. So my apologies I cannot provide a video link to this story

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:54 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If the LCs sees you trying to make money or not useing the databases for love or just interest you will likely get nothing or the wrong information. If intuitives and those who could access the databases all the time for profit got rich it would obviously cause problems. Haven't you ever had a de javu? Pre cognitive dream maybe? Are you familiar with people with photographic memories that can remember everything they ever felt and thought in their life as well? Google past life memories. There is quite a lot of evidence which is suppressed in the west.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Out of body, remote viewing - if this were true, then...why aren't people making tons of money from predicting the stock market, gambling, etc?
Tom says he often went out of body and remote viewing in the past, present, and future.
People are "making tons of money from predicting the stock market, gambling, etc." I also agree with Brian's answer. Why are you not meditating, practicing remote viewing, phasing out of this PMR data stream and discovering this fact through your own experience?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Your assumption is a kind of Strawman argument often used by skeptics.

The claim is (that OBErs say?) that it is EASY. This is wrong. It is NOT.

It is difficult. Very difficult, but these things ARE possible, yes. Just not on a regular basis even for very trained practicioners of these arts (RV, OBE, clairvoyance, whatever).

Maybe we could see it like a professional (fringe) sport that is very difficult to master and very few people really can handle.
;-)

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
People who are spiritually advanced enough to reliably do RV'ing or OOBE's have absolutely no interest whatsoever in "making tons of money" ...they seek completely different forms of treasure.
Tom's adventures in the NPMR are and always have been fueled solely by the intent to learn & develop spiritually, not generate material profits.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Ultimately, what you say is very true.

The answer is, who's to say that they aren't?

If someone were hypothetically making buckets of money through "psychic" means, would they tell anyone? Would you expose yourself and be consigned to the "insanity" bin?
Quote:
is difficult. Very difficult, but these things ARE possible, yes. Just not on a regular basis even for very trained practicioners of these arts (RV, OBE, clairvoyance, whatever).
Additionally, This has been asked before...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10229
Quote:
People who are spiritually advanced enough to reliably do RV'ing or OOBE's have absolutely no interest whatsoever in "making tons of money" ...they seek completely different forms of treasure.
This is also very true. Alan Watts sums it up brilliantly in his exposition on Siddhi.

https://youtu.be/yP3P7wP1ggg?t=753

Sincerely,

Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Money ? Since when is money important to spiritual growth ?

At any rate, look up Russel Targ's book on the stock market play. That isn't going to help you much, though, as it's all based on belief. 'Taste the pudding', as Tom also says.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:21 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
Ultimately, what you say is very true.

The answer is, who's to say that they aren't?

If someone were hypothetically making buckets of money through "psychic" means, would they tell anyone? Would you expose yourself and be consigned to the "insanity" bin?
Quote:
is difficult. Very difficult, but these things ARE possible, yes. Just not on a regular basis even for very trained practicioners of these arts (RV, OBE, clairvoyance, whatever).
Additionally, This has been asked before...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10229
Quote:
This is also very true. Alan Watts sums it up brilliantly in his exposition on Siddhi.

https://youtu.be/yP3P7wP1ggg?t=753

Sincerely,

Martin
I love Alan Watts. He brought me to my spiritual Master, Adi Da Samraj, whom Alan Watt said: "It is obvious, from all sorts of subtle details, that he knows what IT's all about....a rare being". And Watts wrote an introduction to Adi Da's autobiography:
https://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/Alan_Watts_Forward.html

They were going to meet face to face but before the appointed time, Watts died :(
Adi Da is the one I quoted in another thread:
"The Truth is not the meaning of phenomena. The Truth is the non-necessity of phenomena."

Anyway, Tom seems to say that any ordinary yokel can learn this OOBE and remote viewing stuff. If so, you wouldn't need to be some kind of spiritual wiz kid who doesn't care about buckets of money, LOL! I don't care about having any more money than to keep me fairly comfortable while I practice spiritual life. It was just a question I had about all the OOBE stuff. It would be fun to experience but I never have.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
It would be fun to experience but I never have.
Well we urge you to do so, without any metaphysical/belief bias. As Tom says, be open to the remote possibility that it can happen.

Get a copy of Michael Raduga's techniques. Practice them. They are simply as set of mental exercises to perform before bed and at the moment of waking. He adopts a fairly pragmatic and practical approach.

You'll find that once you've had one, then your initial motivations for having it change very quickly....

You'll also find that getting in is the easy part. How you interact within is where the difficulty arises... You'll see...

Ultimately no one here can change anyone else's beliefs. Everyone has to do that for themselves. All we can really suggest is to try it for yourself and see where it leads...

Sincerely,

Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:08 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
It would be fun to experience but I never have.
Well we urge you to do so, without any metaphysical/belief bias. As Tom says, be open to the remote possibility that it can happen.

Get a copy of Michael Raduga's techniques. Practice them. They are simply as set of mental exercises to perform before bed and at the moment of waking. He adopts a fairly pragmatic and practical approach.

You'll find that once you've had one, then your initial motivations for having it change very quickly....

You'll also find that getting in is the easy part. How you interact within is where the difficulty arises... You'll see...

Ultimately no one here can change anyone else's beliefs. Everyone has to do that for themselves. All we can really suggest is to try it for yourself and see where it leads...

Sincerely,

Martin
Is there a specific book of Michael Raduga's that you recommend? And do you have reason to feel his is better than others?
Thanks.

PS - I'd like to find out why my "Notify me when a reply is posted" isn't working!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

(duplicate content removed)

Last edited by Martin_AU on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Is there a specific book of Michael Raduga's that you recommend? And do you have reason to feel his is better than others?
Thanks.
PDF Version:
https://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

Doc Version:
https://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.doc

Epub Version:
https://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.epub

Audio Version:
https://obe4u.com/files/the_phase_mp3.zip

This is his principal book he wrote on the topic. There is also a "teachers manual" however it expresses more or less the same content as "The Phase" but from a "how to teach" perspective.

Chapters 1 and 3 are where the techniques are illustrated. Chapter 2 is a collection of highly subjective personal experiences by other people. Chapter 4 is the author's personal view on what it can be "used for". Personally, I would read chapters 2 and 4 after having read 1 and 3.

My view is that this is probably the most practical book to induce the experiences. Its easy to say "Get rid of Ego..." Etc but this doesn't mean much to the average person. I'm more the person who lets people "taste it" rather than "think about it".

The contents of Chapters 1 and 3 are devoid (deliberately) of esoteric belief traps such as astral plane hierarchies, silver cords, "subtle" and "phantom" bodies etc... They are simply a collection of techniques which with practice, you'll outgrow in time anyway... Robert Bruce's works were saturated with belief traps to the point where as an INTJ, I simply could not progress beyond the first few chapters. I drew the line (put the book down) when he mentions the architecture of the astral planes and the "silver cord". It was simply too much nonsense.
Quote:
All we can really suggest is to try it for yourself and see where it leads...
I gave this book to my Brother in Sept 18, within 2 months of reading it, he had multiple "partial" experiences. (Incomplete separation, vibrations and loud noise). He chose a technique of simply mentally visualising himself as the plastic film being peeled of a new sheet of polycarbonate head first. He's an INTJ personality type, skeptical and works developing Server side database hosting and global synchronisation code. He's as critical a thinker as you can get.

His "pièce de résistance" was the comment "This shit is real..."

Good luck and sincerely,

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:23 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks Martin!