Return Home
It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:24 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know Tom deals with this in the MBT triology. From what he says, it seems to be clear that gathering knowledge to far away from one's time not only violates psi uncertainty, but also is not of practical relevance, since it needs technology not available in order to be put to practice (for instance: Galileo wouldn't get anywhere with knowledge about how to build a quantum computer, since he wouldn't have the materials and technology available). Thus, human knowledge and science has to come in tiny increments. That is clear to me.

Now, what it's not so clear is whether one can use NPMR database accesses in order to learn at high speed information that is within our current human knowledge. For example, let's say a student needs a year of hard study sessions in order to learn the concepts contained in a big physics book. Can he use a shortcut, by accessing physics knowledge without having to read page by page, if he learns to move about NPMR and gets the data without physically reading it? Are so called geniuses using shortcuts like this in order to learn so much and so fast?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:57 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Interesting. Nikola Tesla springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8Y93k0pB0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:20 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

That's an interesting question that I've often pondered as well. I'm the type of person that's constantly on the lookout for better ways of doing things. If someone tells me that it will take me years to accomplish something, a red flag goes up and I'm immediately contemplating possibilities for a shorter route. Sure, some things must be learned by experience and thus usually involves time (which is why we're here to begin with) but I'm also convinced that not everything requires lengthy studies when it comes to learning. Something tells me it is possible.

Reminds me of a Robert Monroe book in which a Monk was completely amazed at what he had accomplished in his lab when most Monks spend as long as 10 years to get to the same levels of consciousness awareness.

So, no, I did not answer this question but I am looking forward to one.

Carle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Interesting. Nikola Tesla springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8Y93k0pB0
I would say, and am, that Tesla probably ;) was an aspie; that is someone who has Asperger's which is very high functioning autism. He got ski rude, imo. I've always liked him.

Carle, my red flag is when something is said to have always been done a certain way as excuse to keep doing it that way. Just because something has historical methods doesn't mean it's the most efficient or possibly even funnest way. Things change man, that's the only constant, change. It is what progresses the VR, right? Is that right, the change between the delta T's is what is recorded in the actualized thread? Oh, and since actualized came up here to lead me to this question, are rendered and manifested synonymous?

Cool video http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6535911834
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice question Quamta.

My interest lies with languages. Heard a story about a missionary who was gifted to speak some strange aboriginal language instantly. They attributed it with God giving a "quick" gift. It's been bugging me that there must be a way to acquire such knowledge easily and without effort. I also think of the Matrix with downloading kung fu, and how to fly a helicopter.

One of the problems with this is that the desire may originate via the ego. If what is learned is used for selfish gain, then what value does super-learning have? We also may lose a lot of interactions with others in the process of learning that may be beneficial to our growth. Some times this statement is true "The journey is what's important, not the destination. Why, because the destination is the sum of the journey".

In any case it'll be something to work out once aware in NPMR.

BTW Tesla is a hero in my book :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Edgar Cayce used to sleep on books and intake the data.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[quote="bette"]Edgar Cayce used to sleep on books and intake the data.
Love
Bette[/quote]

LOL my aunt tried that... didn't work for her.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cayce was a terrible student when he was young. An entity, that he saw as an angel but that I would say was a guide, told him that if he would sleep for a little bit she could help him. He would sleep for a little while on his book and when he awoke he would have total recall of what his book contained. It was a spelling lesson at first and he even knew what page in the book the words were on. This process worked well for him for several years.
His father took advantage of it though and had Cayce memorize a long speech in this manner to recite to show him off one time.

Ramon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:33 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Definitely an interesting concept, its reminiscent of The Matrix. How they would "download" traits and skills. I remember one particular scene where Trinity learns to fly a helicopter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Learning lots of information at high speed is something I have not tried to do -- probably because the concept just doesn't seem that useful in my life -- I rarely have the sudden need to fly a helicopter -- and I doubt that the consciousness database contains the contents of the library of congress word for word organized by subject, title, and author. The data may be scattered about -- recorded in thoughts of individual minds -- but to pull that individual information from the database by book title and chapter.....the information is not likely organized that way because that is not the propose of the database or of the data. The database is organized around individuals and their interactions. I suspect the larger system could care less about physical PMR books - From the perspective of facilitating individual personal growth, it does not appear that organizing information and concepts to duplicate a specific book word for word would be significant. Now, someone in NPMR might gather some limited subset of book specific information and feed it to you, but that is different than you pulling it directly from the database.

On the other hand, I often extract useful information from the database. But rather than extract big sets of information quickly to call upon later, I get just the information I need at the moment I need it. All sorts of stuff, from the mundane and trivial, to the inner workings of a complex relationship or process. Would that make me good at trivia games and quiz shows? No. The context in which I get the information often has to do with facilitating helping another person or understanding something that has big picture significance (of course, such a thing may also have PMR significance at the same time). Occasionally it is just PMR based information that is nice to know at a given moment. Generally, it is not information that allows me to manipulate PMR to my advantage -- if such manipulation were my intent. Whether the information I receive reflects access limitations or simply reflects my choices (what I am interested in knowing) I cannot say for sure -- I get everything I need whenever I need it - especially whenever its knowing is productive to my larger purpose -- a desire to know beyond what is useful and productive would seem to be ego based -- based upon the need to manipulate PMR for some personal advantage (like fly a helicopter to escape the bad guys). Things happen in PMR and you deal with them -- that is the way the game is played. Trying to weight the deck in your favor has little real value. Be careful not to place too much significance on yourself, your current experience packet, and the machinations of PMR.

Tom C

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Accessing PMR relevant information by means not of this PMR world for selfish gain and manipulation or for self-less purposes is possible. Anything is possible I assume.

Free Will is still at play, is it not? If it ends up crashing the benefactor due to the intent in the long run, the road will just be longer for that Unit of consciousness.

Tesla (quite frankly the tucked away and forgotten genius of genius's) must have had some link somewhere.
The countless people that you can come up with and say... hmm.... that could not have been luck and working a little harder. Something else may have been at play. I would then say... Maybe, maybe not.
It reminds me of something my brother said " Come on, don't you think Bill Gates saw into the future somehow?"

Tom, you are self-less, so from your view of profitability tapping into Egocentrically induced activity would be as clear as putting your hand into a fire pit ( kind of a stupid thing to do if your goal is to lower entropy) unless you are looking to access something for a specific reason needed for growth, knowledge, evolution or some other profitable purpose. At that point, the fire pit would be considered a cool pond of water to refresh you.

To access the 'akashic records' the library of libraries or whatever it's called to get the knowledge and information you want is kind of fascinating. I would tend to think that it's not that simple nor will that particular Knowledge necessarily bring you wisdom - intent would be relevant I think.

However, If that includes flying a helicopter, that aint so bad, is it?
One day, If you need to fly a helicopter to get away from the bad guys that wouldn't be cheating if I learned it on my own beforehand even if it was through a rote or something in NPMR.
Is it safe to say that Learning something in NPMR, Just for the sake of learning would make it any different than learning it in PMR. The only difference being one having the capacity to do so in NPMR?

Tom: a desire to know beyond what is useful and productive would seem to be ego based -- based upon the need to manipulate PMR for some personal advantage (like fly a helicopter to escape the bad guys)

OM: In the movie... Signs. seconds before her death, Mel Gibson's wife, tapping into NPMR or something gave him a phrase that seemed like complete irrational gibrish. However, it planted a seed in his mind that sprouted at the right moment when he realized the intent behind her message - since she must have had a vision of this future event and it helped him make a quick decision in a tight spot. Not to give away too much for those that didn't see the movie.
The phrase was Tell Merril, to Swing Away huh? seems totally out of context with the circumstance.

I know this is fictional but can this be construed as manipulating PMR to 'get away from the bad guys'
However, If you have the capacity to do so, isn't that still part of playing the game?

Aside< - Are there really coincidences?

OM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OM,

I generally agree with what you have said. It is not unusual for individuals to get valuable information from NPMR. It is somewhat more likely that information was downloaded to them because of their strong intent/interest and ability to make use of it, than that they purposely dug it out of the database on their own -- but it could go either way because focused intent is what moves data within consciousness.

It would be more credible to get in the helicopter and start flying it on an intuitive level -- getting the information as you need it -- as opposed to getting it all in one information download. However, flying a helicopter turns out to be a very poor example -- that requires much more than information about how to operate the machine. It requires specific experience to have generated and trained eye/ear/touch/brain/hand hardwired circuits in the would be pilot's physical system. Information is not enough -- a modified physical body capable of properly applying the information is also required.

True, almost anything can happen -- but not on demand -- psi uncertainty takes care of that. Hollywood is not constrained by our PMR rule-set or psi uncertainty. Let your visions of superguru flying through the matrix of the larger reality go unless you are just trying to entertain yourself.

Tom C

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

TOM: information was downloaded to them because of their strong intent/interest and ability to make use of it, than that they purposely dug it out of the database on their own -- but it could go either way

OM: So with enough strong intent it can be obtained and used for sinister or selfish purposes to the detriment of the individuated unit as well as the whole? How can High entropy like that get access in the first place.

TOM: flying a helicopter turns out to be a very poor example -- that requires much more than information about how to operate the machine.

OM: Makes sense, Point taken.

Visions of superguru flying through the matrix? That would be an Ego thing I guess.

Being able to be in different reality frames at the same time and manifest oneself a body in that frame to interact
- that kind of trumps a superguru flying through the matrix to me.

right now, I am still fiddling with the lock. I need to manifest the right key.

OM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OM,

Sinister purposes do access NPMR for their own advantage all the time. Much of the third world is rife with practitioners of the "black arts".... voodoo comes to mind, but that is just one of a hundred different groups and methodologies dedicated to the manipulation of NPMR for personal gain. Control in the service of power and force can lower its entropy with practice and thus gain some personal power. This is discussed in the trilogy where it is described as growth or evolution in the negative direction. It is unstable in the long run, as well as self limiting and self defeating. It leads nowhere but to problems for the practitioner and others. Its subsequent de-evolution creates a hole out of which a practitioner must climb before being able to evolve positively. Like bad children who never grow up to become adults - these bad children remain 8 year olds and are thus limited in power and effect -- The best often become local bullies -- big fish only within the context of a very small pond. Our Western cultural belief systems suppress such sub cultures while some third world (mostly tribal) cultural beliefs support/encourage them. For more information check it out in, I believe, book 1.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom: Sinister purposes do access NPMR for their own advantage all the time........ but that is just one of a hundred different groups and methodologies dedicated to the manipulation of NPMR for personal gain

This is a whole other topic that I will eventually delve into with questions so I will keep this quck.
This may sound like woe is me. But I am going to express the feeling.
Here I am, with good intent, working on myself, being tested, evolving and yearning for genuine productive fully conscious NPMR experience and ability (I know it's not easy - and what takes time is worth more etc)

Yet, these characters have the ability and are using it for all the wrong reasons and to the detriment and manipulation of themselves and others.

How is this allowed? where the good guys are moving slowly one step at a time, trying to strangle their ego, being tested, an intermittent OBE experience here or there, half foggy etc.

Can you clarify something for me.
- Intent.
How does intent differ from Want, need or Desire?

"If the intent is strong enough" these sinister characters can get there for personal gain and manipulation..... but that involves Major Ego and what about their fear?
How is that Bypassed? whereas Ego and Fear for us can be an issue?

I feel like I am talking about the Jedi's and Sithe's.

OM