Return Home
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
To make a very long story short, after 30 years of Christian brainwashing, I spent the next 5 sterilizing myself of all metaphysical beliefs, and effectively became a naturalist atheist. However, the entire time I was going through this process I felt intuitively like higher self was real, that manifestation was real.
After reading the interaction on this post and having re-read your original post, I have arrived at a sense understanding your dilemma. Please bear with me because I am building to my state of mind immediately preceding my first OB as I have not given it any consideration until now. Also, my conclusions to date that align with your issue.

After 30 years of Catholicism, I spent the next 5 years searching for "spirit" then gave up for 10 years after a year of mediation and failed OB attempts, and researching the NPMR phenomena. I then met my devout Christian open minded wife and I renewed my search for spirit.

I was hung up on 2 passages from the Bible: 1) you must accept Jesus in your life for salvation. 2) we are made in the image of God. Then, I found a passage in the Old Testament in Genesis 2: God said after Adam and Eve ate the apple: they are like us! I asked my wife and others who is us? It was the search for an answer to that statement that led me to my first OB. This is when the "nudges" began (now with hindsight I realize they have always been there). I read Yoganada's autobiography and there it was the Christ Consciousness! I then was nudged to Monroe and read his first book in a day. Monroe provides a step-by-step procedure which I followed 2 days later. By this time I was worked up to a thirst for success and desirous of a positive outcome with shadow of could this be true?

This is what worked for me as Monroe outlined: The best time to attempt this is between 2 and 5 in the morning. The idea is to lull your body asleep and keep your mind in a waking state while in a relaxed meditative state and wait. Allow your mind to drift then pull it back to the waking state. So, my first success of many, at 4:30 am I am alone in a quiet house and begin the procedure. At about 5:50 it began by 6:05 am I was documentating the event in my log book. The shadow of could this be true turned into Holy Sh_t!

Now, the real issue for us is "belief". Is there a God? Is there NPMR? Monroe, Campbell and others provide a theory with scientific support and documentary evidence, both objective and subjective, that NPMR exists. The same evidence indicates that Consciousness is absolute and that everything else is its construct. In other words the subset children of Consciousness are the fragments, the "Christ Consciousness" of the Absolute father Consciousness.

Now, having immersed myself in "NPMR" experiences, I am content accepting that there are alternate densities of the consciousness state. Religion originates from visions, dreams,and the use of hallucinogens, etc. in other words subjective, awareness within a subjective reality, as does MBT and other similar models.

Now, I accept all with open minded skepticism, to include materialism, as they all are in some form or another a reflection of consciousness in action. My wife believes Jesus is Lord. I accept that the Christ Consciousness exists in Jesus name. I have no issues with the teachings. There is no dilemma, conflict or "hand wringing". I could go on but I hope you get the picture.

All the best,

John

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:50 am 
Normal User
Normal User

John, you could have went on for pages my friend, I felt like you really tapped into what I am expressing.

Every interaction I have ever had in this forum, over nine years, has been with the most integritous, honest people, like yourself, Ted, Sainsbury etc. Sometimes I think all it would take is an intense look in the eyes and a proclamation of the truth of your experiences with non-physical to flip the switch within. Because who would I be to discount your experiences? Or to question the implications? I have absolutely no reason not to believe you, and here you are essentially giving proof of life after death, and a spiritual realm. It’s big stuff.

Would you be able to expand a bit on the nature of the nudges you indicated? Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:52 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
Blankmind, thank you, spot on response.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on the flavor of the “contact”-intent you would recommend holding? Isn’t it also understandable that the impulse of that broadcast would have to be powered at least in some part by the degree and power of my belief in them/it?
It's best if you don't believe in anything. It sounds counterintuitive. You've probably heard Campbell talk about "open minded skepticism", where you believe nothing, but you're not against giving it a try. That mindset/approach is what enabled him and his collegues to explore NPMR scientifically.
The request for contact should be genuine and simple. Stabilize the intent while having an empty mind. If you go at it too emotionally, then the emotions might steal your focus, and then they can't reach you.

In the morning and during the day my brain is very active and physically focused, so it's almost impossible for me to lucid dream or meditate there. Maybe I'll learn that one day. But that's why I always do it when I'm very tired. It's easy for my brain to let go and reach NPMR when I'm tired. Almost feels natural. So that's why I recommend it.
That is great, thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I think intuition would need to be defined, it’s kind of a nebulous term.
I will go with Dictionary.com for the definition:
noun
direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension.
a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way.
a keen and quick insight.
the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
Quote:
yet my circumstantial suffering is perpetually allowed. I know how to deal with suffering,
Suffering is a matter of perspective. From the LCS's point of view, you are here to make the best of what you get. Perpetual suffering is for victims. You get opportunities and whether or not you learn from them is up to you.
Quote:
But this is about my house, and my wife, and our life together. Again, I am determined to get the boat ashore, but god damn just a glitch here and there would make me move mountains.
You don't have to believe in your guides, and in fact you should take all NPMR advice with a strong skepticism. However, when I was at a very desperate point in my life, I did a meditation and told my guides what was going on and how distressed I was. It took about 8 months for the solution to appear. And the solution was all in a decision I made out of Love and not selfishness. And in that pivotal moment, my life totally turned around. Not that the solution was without challenges. And my original crisis was not out of ego, as in I needed something just to make me feel better about myself - new car or something. And when meditating stop your intellect entirely. Do not analyze anything while you are doing it. Just do it and let whatever happens happen. Meditate daily for 20 minutes or more if you can. If nothing else it will help you stop your internal dialog and focus. You will come out with a clearer mind.

You don't have to believe to ask for help. But you do have to want to evolve the quality of your consciousness for the LCS to bother with you. Otherwise you are just so much noise lost in with the other noise. A guide is just your interface with the LCS - nothing more - nothing less.

In the end you may have to just go through whatever is happening the best way you can. And learn and grow through the conflict and the problems. You may be surprised some years down the road how this experience changed you for the better.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Sometimes I think all it would take is an intense look in the eyes and a proclamation of the truth of your experiences with non-physical to flip the switch within.
Please make sure I have had my first cup of coffee and perhaps a drop of visine before you do that!
Quote:
Because who would I be to discount your experiences? Or to question the implications? I have absolutely no reason not to believe you, and here you are essentially giving proof of life after death, and a spiritual realm. It’s big stuff.
Why not discount my experience? Why not question its implications? Why not deny faith?

Interesting nudge, as I am reminded of how Franz Bardon, in "Initiation into Hermetics", describes the experience: "Leaving your body is having the power of life and death as granted by Divine Providence."
Quote:
Would you be able to expand a bit on the nature of the nudges you indicated? Thank you
As to the nature of the nudges, it started during a traditional holiday dinner in November of 2015. My wife and I were alone having a quiet dinner and the Bible Genesis 2 creeped into the conversation as I mentioned previously. Bear in mind, this had been a topic for 6 years. At that time, I had no idea what a nudge was. After dinner I sat down to a little Netflix and I noticed the Autobiography of Yoganda was queued. I had never heard of him so I decided to watch. This was a subtle nudge.

I investigated him further, out of curiosity (intuition-nudge), because there was mention of his OB abilities and I recalled my own attempts. Nudges can also be the "dropping of bread crumbs" too! So more curiosity (intuition-nudge) led me to do further research on the internet. There I found his autobiography (a bread crumb). I perused the chapter headings and focused right in on a chapter on cosmic consciousness and went right to the notes (intuition-nudge). There was the discussion of his version of the Christian Trinity to include the Christ Consciousness! Revelation! Mind you I had no knowledge whatsoever about the concept of consciousness.

Nudges and bread crumbs result in revelations. The research on Yogananda led me to his style of meditation. I am now in the first week of December of 2015, and while meditating in the asana position in a waking state, I see blue with streaks of electricity. The blue would be the symbolic manifestation that would cause interaction and present the choices that brought me here. At this point, I have better understanding of the concept of consciousness.

I was in my living room contemplating my new found knowledge when suddenly this urge to open a book on my bookshelf by Eban Alexander came over me. He wrote about his NDE (intuition-nudge). I pulled it off the shelf opened it and read the first paragraph of the first page it opened to and it revealed his attendance at the Monroe Institute. The only way he could replicate his NDE was at the institute (a bread crumb).

At that point it was off to the proverbial races as I was filled with a sense of urgency (intense-intuition-nudge) to "know". I immersed myself in all things Monroe. By Sunday December 13, I had completed Monroe. I spoke to my wife about attempting an OB and settled in on December 16 as the day. During the OB, I was provided a symbol that represented "the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything" and instructed to find the meaning of that answer. A revelation. MY first OB would be the most profound experience I have ever had in all of the years that I have walked on this earth.

I hope this helps. All the best,

John

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if and how 'manifestation' (law of attraction, etc.) will help you shape you beliefs.

Ask your Guides or your Higher Self to help you out of body, have an AP / Non-physical experience.
The idea behind immersing myslef in manifestation material is indicated in my original post. AP, or an OBE is not necessarily the point of this discussion.

“Ask your guides” requires that one believes in them. Again read my original post. And thank you for the book suggestion.
I mainly refer to the overall topic (thread title if you will). Best method to change your belief regaring NPMR is to DIRECTLY experience it via OBE. What better is out there, why not go the direct way?

Manifestation is not direct experience imv. Moreover, it can be better 'explained away' in some or many cases by reductionist/materialist theories. I'm not saying they are good though, just saying that close- and open-minded skeptics can always pseudo-debunk them somehow more easily while a direct subjective experience of an OBE is at least a subjective piece of evidence for that person that might help better overcome dull materialism. Just saying.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Everyone talks about a “team” of spirit guides, ...yet my circumstantial suffering is perpetually allowed. I know how to deal with suffering, I understand it’s mechanisms. But this is about my house, and my wife, and our life together. Again, I am determined to get the boat ashore, but god damn just a glitch here and there would make me move mountains.
Have you taken responsibility for your circumstances yet?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I am getting a nudge (intuition/sense/memory recall) to share another nudge. Let me lay a little ground work first. In college one of my favorite subjects was statistics. I actually aced it. About 20 years later while searching for spirit, I stumbled (nudged) onto a book by Michael Drosnin "The Bible Code". The book outlines a Rabbi mathematicians success in breaking the code including his calculations. My focus at the time was its ability to predict the future. In one such instance the code predicted the assassination of the then Israeli Prime Minister. The author warned the Prime Minister of the dire prediction. The Prime Minister concluded that there was nothing he could do to avert it absent more information. About one year later, he was assassinated.

Fast forward to my nudge into MBT. MBT was my first introduction to the concept of future probability. At the time, 45 years later statistics was not even a memory nor was the Bible Code some 25 years later. I was trying to work out the future probability concepts when I got a nudge to go to the bookshelf and pull down the Bible Code. Now, all these years later, having accumulated knowledge with regard to the concepts of consciousness including MBT theory, here is my summary from the review of the Bible Code:

1. Behind the miracles of the Old testament there was an advanced civilization.
2. The code calls it a computer. The root of the word in Hebrew that means computer means thought.
3. The code reveals that non-human intelligence does exist.
4. The bible that God dictated to Moses was really a computer program. The program can be played back and reveal the hidden truth.
5. The code may be a set of probabilities.
6. It may hold all of our possible futures.
7. It may have 2 opposing statements of reality to preserve free will. A positive and a negative strand.
8. The author states: the Bible Code caused him to realize that all our possible futures are foreseen and we are choosing among them.

John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:54 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

You don't need to believe anything.

What you need to experiment, is to do an Out of Body Experience (OOBE) by yourself, in your home, and see your physical body from your non-phsyical body.

That's the only way.

1st hand experience and verfication by your own.

That's what I did and I'm 22.

So go ahead, watch some content, take notes, and do an experiment by yourself.

If you do a daily plan, in 30 days you can achieve it.

And please... don't put any angels, demons, right, wrong, fears, philosophies or any of that stuff. Keep it real and keep it like a logical experiment.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:57 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Where and how could one place their attention in order to most effectively tap into the mechanics of true belief in non physical? Is there a visualization in meditation one can do to prime the pumps? I feel I am now beyond the tight knot of skepticism and am now wanting to create the conditions for an NPM experience. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Meditation is the best gateway for most. Depending upon how long it takes you to stop your internal dialog, you can explore NPMR from the Void state. You have to be fearless though because almost everyone gets fear tests when they start having experiences.

If you want to try OBEs, then the wake-back-to-bed is the easiest method I've tried. You can Google it for instructions.