Return Home
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:59 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

To make a very long story short, after 30 years of Christian brainwashing, I spent the next 5 sterilizing myself of all metaphysical beliefs, and effectively became a naturalist atheist. However, the entire time I was going through this process I felt intuitively like higher self was real, that manifestation was real.

Now my life is in turmoil, the outcome is completely dependent upon my response to it, and I would like to sure up any remaining thread of belief/faith in the NP that I can.

How do I do this when it feels like I am talking to myself, and not some larger aspect of a multidimensional self?

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When you don’t know what to do, allow things to be as they are. Observe and you will find the answer when and where and how you need it. Don’t have any attachment to the outcome. Repeat until finished. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Don't torture yourself on what is real and what isn't. Take information that is useful to you and use it, and take information that isn't useful and discard it. It doesn't matter where the information originates. The value is in what is helpful.

If you are in a crisis, then make the best decisions you can and learn from the feedback. It is always best for your consciousness growth to be mindful of your Intent. Are your decisions coming from a place of Love or ego?

As far as the non-physical - meditation is often the best route. Meditation can also help in clearing your mind for decision making.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:17 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
When you don’t know what to do, allow things to be as they are. Observe and you will find the answer when and where and how you need it. Don’t have any attachment to the outcome. Repeat until finished. :)
Always great advice, however, the outcome is of chief importance as it pertains to my family and their immediate well-being, our home, their standard of living etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:22 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Don't torture yourself on what is real and what isn't. Take information that is useful to you and use it, and take information that isn't useful and discard it. It doesn't matter where the information originates. The value is in what is helpful.

If you are in a crisis, then make the best decisions you can and learn from the feedback. It is always best for your consciousness growth to be mindful of your Intent. Are your decisions coming from a place of Love or ego?

As far as the non-physical - meditation is often the best route. Meditation can also help in clearing your mind for decision making.
Thank you, and I agree, and I have been extremely conscious of intent, and having daily sessions of refocusing that intent and clarifying where it’s coming from. But during these sessions, normally a mindful walk, sometimes I get the feeling I am all alone out there, just talking to myself. I have never had a single confirming experience of the non-physical, nor of the “team of guides” who are supposedly watching me and helping me. If they were real then they would surely know that the most empowering thing for me right now, would be some type of confirming experience. Or just a loosening of my attention to what-is ( in favor of focusing on the desired manifestation of security).

I have been listening to a lot of Abraham Hicks, do you guys find her work credible?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't know if and how 'manifestation' (law of attraction, etc.) will help you shape you beliefs.

My advice would be this:

Read William Buhlman's first book 'Adventures Out Of The Body'. It helped me a great deal with learning to AP.

Then in the night, after you slept 3 hours put your alarm clock.

Ask your Guides or your Higher Self to help you out of body, have an AP / Non-physical experience.

Say 'I am out of body now' to yourself while you drift back to sleep.

Do this strategy for several nights.

Then see what happens.

If nothing happened ... try harder, or keep trying, do not give up too early.

If sth happened ... evaluate, assess, improve, and go on trying unless you had enough of experience by then.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My guess is that you use only your intellect and haven't developed, or trusted, your intuition. If your intellect is always busy questioning everything, it won't leave any room for anything else.

Tom recently posted a video on this very thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk2yYglFfhg&t=4732s

Your guides won't tell you what to do. And if someone is telling you what to do then ignore them. Only you can make decisions for yourself.

I've always thought this post from Tom was useful in these cases:

Stop thinking, judging, expecting, analyzing, comparing, assessing, guessing, second guessing, assuming, etc. Stop thinking. Just be and experience existence without analysis. Simply experience the world you sense without attaching anything to it with your intellect. Be in the moment, observe without assessing or judging everything by how it affects and interacts with you. Do what seems intuitively right each moment -- accept and learn from the consequences -- experience/live reality moment by moment rather than limiting your reality to a little more than a reflection of fears, worries, needs and wants projected by your intellect.
http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... 49#p61149

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
If they were real then they would surely know that the most empowering thing for me right now, would be some type of confirming experience. Or just a loosening of my attention to what-is ( in favor of focusing on the desired manifestation of security).
25 years ago I devoted 8 months of my time attempting the inducement of an OBE. I finally gave up. Then three years ago, the desire returned accompanied by a restless sensation and 2 days later I had an OBE.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I have never had a single confirming experience of the non-physical, nor of the “team of guides” who are supposedly watching me and helping me. If they were real then they would surely know that the most empowering thing for me right now, would be some type of confirming experience.
That's pretty interesting. When I started reading MBT I had been an atheist for my entire life, but then I started trying to learn lucid dreaming, and after a few weeks I started receiving confirming communication from my guides.

There can be multiple reasons why this hasn't happened yet. Are you learning lucid dreaming or meditating?
Maybe your physical brain is wired in such a way that it's difficult for them to reach you. They can probably reach your subconscious, but you might not notice that right now. So keep trying to lucid dream or meditate, whatever you like the most.

And the most important thing is to turn off your own thoughts completely. Have a totally empty mind, and just focus on contact. Then wait and keep waiting until something happens.
And the only thing in your brain should be your genuine desire for contact. They will pick up on that. You must make your brain very clear and your requests very clear.
It's easiest for me when I'm tired after a long day. And it's hardest for me in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Firstly,

I would like to point out I agree with Blank mind's posting ( all aspects of it )

Although the frequency of my OBE's has dropped off in recent years . Years ago when this was at a peak for me, the keys to changing data streams (OBE's), were very much the attributes that Blank mind stated in his post above..
Strong intent, motivation , desire and i will add I had a fearlessness of "letting go" very much as an explorer might have the first time he encounters a world he has never been to before.. I would implore to myself to "let go, let go, let go !"
These were not just words with little meaning to them but i felt a deep sincerity that i was willing to "let go" and was willing to accept whatever might happen next.

No person can instill you with the level of fearlessness and strength of intent that is necessary to enter NPMR, these are attributes you have to acquire for yourself.
But at least it is helpful to you, to know that there are others on the forums who have experienced these things and also that they are possible for you ..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:10 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
I don't know if and how 'manifestation' (law of attraction, etc.) will help you shape you beliefs.

Ask your Guides or your Higher Self to help you out of body, have an AP / Non-physical experience.
The idea behind immersing myslef in manifestation material is indicated in my original post. AP, or an OBE is not necessarily the point of this discussion.

“Ask your guides” requires that one believes in them. Again read my original post. And thank you for the book suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:22 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Sainsbury, you are correct about the intellect, but I think intuition would need to be defined, it’s kind of a nebulous term.

Secondly, again (regarding your comment about guides not giving me advice), read my original post again please, my boat is on fire...she is taking on water, and I am trying to sail it into a safe cove.

Mediation is daily, refocusing of intent and the dissolution of belief momentum is a daily thing. And I will make it, regardless of if IUOC, LCS or my “higherself” decides to move me in the direction of my intent/heart.

Everyone talks about a “team” of spirit guides, ...yet my circumstantial suffering is perpetually allowed. I know how to deal with suffering, I understand it’s mechanisms. But this is about my house, and my wife, and our life together. Again, I am determined to get the boat ashore, but god damn just a glitch here and there would make me move mountains.

As I write this, I realize how good it is for me to be writing this. <3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:27 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Blankmind, thank you, spot on response.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on the flavor of the “contact”-intent you would recommend holding? Isn’t it also understandable that the impulse of that broadcast would have to be powered at least in some part by the degree and power of my belief in them/it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:34 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Just cracked open “Why Materialism is Boloney” by Bernardo Kastrup

“The point I am trying to make is that, while acknowledging that there are many superficial worldviews operating simultaneously in society, there is a powerful core worldview that subtly pervades the deepest, often ‘subconscious’ levels of our minds, ultimately determining how we truly feel about ourselves and reality. This core worldview is materialism. Many of us absorb materialist beliefs from the culture without even being aware of it, all the while trusting that we hold other beliefs. Materialism suffuses the core of our being by a kind of involuntary osmosis. Like a virus, it spreads unnoticed until it’s too late and the infection has already taken a firm hold. I include myself among those who have been victimized by this pernicious, yet natural, epidemic. The recent history of my life has been a diligent, yet very difficult, attempt to restore reason and lucidity to, and remove unexamined cultural biases and assumptions from, the ‘subconscious’ layers of my thinking.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Blankmind, thank you, spot on response.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on the flavor of the “contact”-intent you would recommend holding? Isn’t it also understandable that the impulse of that broadcast would have to be powered at least in some part by the degree and power of my belief in them/it?
It's best if you don't believe in anything. It sounds counterintuitive. You've probably heard Campbell talk about "open minded skepticism", where you believe nothing, but you're not against giving it a try. That mindset/approach is what enabled him and his collegues to explore NPMR scientifically.
The request for contact should be genuine and simple. Stabilize the intent while having an empty mind. If you go at it too emotionally, then the emotions might steal your focus, and then they can't reach you.

In the morning and during the day my brain is very active and physically focused, so it's almost impossible for me to lucid dream or meditate there. Maybe I'll learn that one day. But that's why I always do it when I'm very tired. It's easy for my brain to let go and reach NPMR when I'm tired. Almost feels natural. So that's why I recommend it.