Return Home
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:00 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Remember it is the Intent behind the action and not the action itself that counts. Using celibacy as a tool for consciousness evolution is very different than a church telling a priest that they must be celibate because that is the rule.

There are a lot of Intents behind sex. It can be intimacy between people or an escape like alcohol and drugs.

The most important thing is to look at the Intent behind your choices and the results of those choices. And not too be so rigid in a belief that you cannot do a course correction when things aren't working.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Remember it is the Intent behind the action and not the action itself that counts. Using celibacy as a tool for consciousness evolution is very different than a church telling a priest that they must be celibate because that is the rule.

There are a lot of Intents behind sex. It can be intimacy between people or an escape like alcohol and drugs.

The most important thing is to look at the Intent behind your choices and the results of those choices. And not too be so rigid in a belief that you cannot do a course correction when things aren't working.
Well said Sainbury. We may not see eye to eye on certain issues (OK, specifically on the issue of identity politics) but outside of that I find you usually hit the nail on the head very nicely. Best regards.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:40 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Of course is different, I totally agree. But I haven't seen priests being forced to be celibate. That rule is very old, and was based in a even older tradition. Roman priests had the tradition of being celibate, unlike Greek priests who could marry (except bishops). Today, if someone wants to be a roman priest is because he is interested also in celibacy.
Quote:

Inside a loving reproductive marriage, couples can have sex if they have the intent of reproducing and/or strenthening the love bonding. What sex is not the point in this thread, but the sexual energy and also semen. Married couples can have sex without ejaculating (google "karezza").

I think that, independently of our intention, lossing semen may have a bad effect upon our ability to connect with LCS as well as our physical health. There are things that can effect us independetly of our intention. For instance, Tom Campbell warns us about sugar and its bad effects upon our consciousness:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

I think that, independently of our intention, lossing semen may have a bad effect upon our ability to connect with LCS as well as our physical health. There are things that can effect us independetly of our intention. For instance, Tom Campbell warns us about sugar and its bad effects upon our consciousness:
Follow your intuition.

Regards,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
But I haven't seen priests being forced to be celibate.
Forced as within the doctrines of the religion. You cannot take the vows of priesthood without also agreeing to be celibate. So in that way I do think it is forced.
Quote:
Today, if someone wants to be a roman priest is because he is interested also in celibacy.
I don't know how you think this can be true. With all the scandals about priests molesting children, many priests are not interested in celibacy. I don't have a lot of personal experience with priests, but one of my best friend's brother is a priest. Committing to celibacy was one of the hardest things about his decisions to enter the priesthood.
Quote:
I think that, independently of our intention, losing semen may have a bad effect upon our ability to connect with LCS as well as our physical health.
This is a belief. And the more you believe it the more it will be true for you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:56 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hello @Sainbury, the Catholic celibacy topic is a very interesting one but it is not the topic of this thread, so we should refocus again in sexual energy.

But I will make a brief comment about that topic:

It is true that each person interested in being a priest will be interested by different reasons and not only by celibacy (unlike monks, nuns and hermits).
Today's catholic church has a lot of entropy, and I think that the main problem was Vatican Council II, when they drop tradition and embraced a lot of new ideas, discipline was lost and they began to talk only about love. Without discipline, chaos reigns.
Also, Priesthood is one of the 7 sacraments, and not a vow (like poverty, chastity, silence, etc...)

Now
Quote:
Quote:
I think that, independently of our intention, losing semen may have a bad effect upon our ability to connect with LCS as well as our physical health.
This is a belief. And the more you believe it the more it will be true for you.
My statement is not a belief, nor is knowledge. It is simple an idea, a piece of information, that can be true or false. If an idea is true, it can be either believed or know it by people; if the idea is false, it can only be believed by people. What differentiates believing from knowing is the amount of certainty that you have: if you have more ideas to support your first idea, then you have more certainty.

Now, when you say that "this is a belief" what you are trying to say is one of these two things:
  • It is true, but I don't really know that is true.
    It is false, and I believe is true.
I suppose is the second. But as I know that my idea is true, I say that your statement that my statement is a belief is a false idea that you believe is true. Therefore I am right and you are wrong (lol).

But let be serious: @Sainbury, do not believe what I say, nor disbelieve it. Be open minded and be skeptic. If you think that what I say may have some value, experiment with it. Maybe it improve even more your capacity to experience LCS.

What if semen has a relation with consciousness as important as sugar ? I suppose that if you don't deny Tom Campbell's affirmation that sugar intake can affect our consciousness is because either you have tried Tom's advice and quit sugar (and you have experience the benefits) or either because you believe that his idea is true.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Celibacy has been discussed since the original post in this thread.

Belief is something you want to be true but there is no scientific evidence that it is true - so you believe it. You talk to much about conserving semen not to have some belief in it.

I suggest you ask Tom this question in the thread Collecting questions for the monthly Fireside Chat sessions.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&p=106433#p106433

However, I think Tom already answered this in the first part of the thread:
Quote:
realitycorrodes: Does he endorse the old religious traditions of being celibate as a powerful adjunct to
lowering entropy.
Tom: No he does not. Fear is the opposite of love, fear is the enemy. Guilt, ego, and arrogance are nothing but fear. Fear creates a handle by which one can be manipulated. All this is in the books -- and much more.

I don't think sexual abuse by priests just started within the last 50 years. I think it is most probable that it has always happned.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Celibacy has been discussed since the original post in this thread.
Celibacy in general, not only catholic. This includes Greek Christians, Hinduists, Buddhists, etc... I think we should not focus in one in particular, that's all.
Quote:
Belief is something you want to be true but there is no scientific evidence that it is true - so you believe it. You talk to much about conserving semen not to have some belief in it.
There are no beliefs. Objectively, there are only ideas. You, subjectively, can believe it (if you don't have enough information to support it) or consider it a fact (if you have enough information).
Quote:
However, I think Tom already answered this in the first part of the thread:
Quote:
realitycorrodes: Does he endorse the old religious traditions of being celibate as a powerful adjunct to
lowering entropy.
Tom: No he does not. Fear is the opposite of love, fear is the enemy. Guilt, ego, and arrogance are nothing but fear. Fear creates a handle by which one can be manipulated. All this is in the books -- and much more.
About celibacy (being unmarried and chaste) he has already answered, yes. But look at the title of this thread: "Conserving Sexual Energy to lower Entropy". Look at the initial phrase of @realitycorrodes:
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what Tom's view is on conserving sexual energy and its relation to out of body experiences, psychic ability, and lowering entropy.
He hasn't answered this.
Quote:
I don't think sexual abuse by priests just started within the last 50 years. I think it is most probable that it has always happned.
Please, read my answers more carefully before answering. I will say it more clearly: today's state of catholic church is so bad mainly because CVII. There have been many ups and downs during the last 2000 years, and definetly now catholic church is in a down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dictionary.com

belief -noun
- something believed; an opinion or conviction
- confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof
- confidence; faith; trust

idea -noun
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion
- an impression

fact - noun
- something that actually exists; reality; truth:
- something known to exist or to have happened:
- a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Dictionary.com

belief -noun
- something believed; an opinion or conviction
- confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof
- confidence; faith; trust

idea -noun
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion
- an impression

fact - noun
- something that actually exists; reality; truth:
- something known to exist or to have happened:
- a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true:
Lol. You don't need to bring up the dictionary.
The same idea can be believed by one person and know it by another.