Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:11 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi I have aphantasia which means I can't see images or visualize anything. It is a relatively new condition being recently known. Some people have vague images but I only have a sense or feeling an idea of an image. I not only can't visualize but my sense of smell, touch taste and hearing aren't anything vivid either. In other word's my minds eye is blind. I can hear my inner voice, but I can't imagine other peoples voices. I always wondered why I had bad memory and I think it's because of this.

For example in Tom's experiential exercises I got everything wrong I was totally blank. Here's the link where he speaks of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3eZsf4ijw

On the other hand there's people with hyperphantasia which are capable of confusing their daydreams with reality, in my case nothing else feels like this reality. My dreams are just memories or ideas nothing else.

Does anyone else have aphantasia or have it around here?
Here's an article about it: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-34039054

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Hi I have aphantasia which means I can't see images or visualize anything. It is a relatively new condition being recently known. Some people have vague images but I only have a sense or feeling an idea of an image. I not only can't visualize but my sense of smell, touch taste and hearing aren't anything vivid either. In other word's my minds eye is blind. I can hear my inner voice, but I can't imagine other peoples voices. I always wondered why I had bad memory and I think it's because of this.

For example in Tom's experiential exercises I got everything wrong I was totally blank. Here's the link where he speaks of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3eZsf4ijw

On the other hand there's people with hyperphantasia which are capable of confusing their daydreams with reality, in my case nothing else feels like this reality. My dreams are just memories or ideas nothing else.

Does anyone else have aphantasia or have it around here?
Here's an article about it: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-34039054
I found this:

https://www.quora.com/Neuroscience-Is-i ... Aphantasia

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Do you see visuals in dreams? I'm bad at visualizing but I can do it a little. My dreams can be vivid though.
It would be interesting to hear what Tom can tell us about this condition. You can ask him questions directly in the Fireside Chat here if you want to: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&start=810

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I imagine its a glitch in biology that creates a different way of interpreting the data stream. The brain is just the constraint. And in this case there is an unusual constraint that interferes with imaging.

TOM:
We think of our brain as a processor. It takes in data, it processes, it chooses, and it makes the choices. It doesn’t do anything. Our brain doesn't process anything; it doesn't store anything. You say, “What do you mean? Of course your brain stores things. You cut out this part of your brain, you can’t remember stuff. It has to store things.” No, that’s not the way it works. The brain doesn't store, or process, anything. The brain is just a potential. It's a simulation. It's a potential that limits what the consciousness can do. The reason that you can no longer remember things, when you cut that part of your brain out that, is you change the potential of that character. That character now doesn't have that part of the brain. Then those are constraints that you’ve just put on the character.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=8468&p=89254&hili ... ess#p89254

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I imagine its a glitch in biology that creates a different way of interpreting the data stream. The brain is just the constraint. And in this case there is an unusual constraint that interferes with imaging.

TOM:
We think of our brain as a processor. It takes in data, it processes, it chooses, and it makes the choices. It doesn’t do anything. Our brain doesn't process anything; it doesn't store anything. You say, “What do you mean? Of course your brain stores things. You cut out this part of your brain, you can’t remember stuff. It has to store things.” No, that’s not the way it works. The brain doesn't store, or process, anything. The brain is just a potential. It's a simulation. It's a potential that limits what the consciousness can do. The reason that you can no longer remember things, when you cut that part of your brain out that, is you change the potential of that character. That character now doesn't have that part of the brain. Then those are constraints that you’ve just put on the character.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=8468&p=89254&hili ... ess#p89254
There is a deeper meaning than this. Just saying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What would that deeper meaning be ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I need to mediate on it to put into words. I read your post and it popped into my thought stream. I posted it to for the purpose of contemplation.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think of that mental space where things are simulated in your mind's eye as a non-physical VR contiguous to our PMR. So, if your brain structure precludes you from processing it to any significant degree, then your consciousness must likely be almost fully engaged in the PMR and you're probably very grounded to your physical body and have very attuned senses to your physical environment. On the other hand, someone like me who is approximately half processing the PMR and half processing the mental realm of abstractions -- I am living a life very dissociated from my physical body and physical senses.

In MBT theory, aphantasia represents a constraint but also a unique way to live your life and experience it, maybe even a preselected trait before incarnating.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:34 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
So he mentions something about NLP practitioners, I dug a little deeper on that and arrived at something called Image streaming something that helps you visualize.
Quote:
Do you see visuals in dreams? I'm bad at visualizing but I can do it a little. My dreams can be vivid though.
It would be interesting to hear what Tom can tell us about this condition. You can ask him questions directly in the Fireside Chat here if you want to: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&start=810
No all of my dreams are not vivid and I would never confuse them with reality. It is like I interpret events or ideas instead of images.
Quote:
I think of that mental space where things are simulated in your mind's eye as a non-physical VR contiguous to our PMR. So, if your brain structure precludes you from processing it to any significant degree, then your consciousness must likely be almost fully engaged in the PMR and you're probably very grounded to your physical body and have very attuned senses to your physical environment. On the other hand, someone like me who is approximately half processing the PMR and half processing the mental realm of abstractions -- I am living a life very dissociated from my physical body and physical senses.

In MBT theory, aphantasia represents a constraint but also a unique way to live your life and experience it, maybe even a preselected trait before incarnating.
Yes you are right I am very grounded into this physical reality, as it has being my only vivid or "real" experience so far, but it has left me longing for more.
Quote:
I guess the deeper meaning to this is that only very recently I began to think there must be a purpose to this, the reason I am so grounded into this reality. I still don't know what or why.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know thinking that these things may be some kind of pre-planning gives a kind of comfort. But I don't see any upside in planning more constraints into your brain. Most of the time it is just genetics. Genetics is really a crap shoot coming into the VR. In the end, you get what you get and you deal with it the best you can.

Since infinitevoid seems to have always had this condition, at least that was my take from reading his post, he doesn't know how to process the data stream any differently. So what would be very strange to us is normal to him/her.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Genetics is really a crap shoot coming into the VR. In the end, you get what you get and you deal with it the best you can.
I can see how Genetics in my incarnation has been instrumental in placing me in certain kinds of situations, that I otherwise would not find myself in.

The 'crap shoot' characterization reminds me of what Tom discusses as a 'young IUOC's' who take any incarnation just to get experiences. This is maybe a 'step up' of an IUOC who has experiences but still needs more. Or maybe not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
[
Quote:
I guess the deeper meaning to this is that only very recently I began to think there must be a purpose to this, the reason I am so grounded into this reality. I still don't know what or why.
You know I asked myself the same questions for over 2 years. As a result of my own experience, I now embrace desire and willful intent but also "go with the flow". If it is meant to be it will be.

Tom speaks to our abilities as IUOC's to heal. We are created and we can create. Therefore, we can heal ourselves. Also, I happened upon Tom's interaction with a member in the questions section recently. The member had been meditating for 7 years without visual results. He asked Tom why. Tom got back with him and advised that his guides were not doing their job and would be replaced. Soon thereafter, with new guides, the member reported extraordinary results. Tom said that we could ask the the "Big Cheese" directly if the guides are doing their job or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just a reminder about healing. Focused Intent cannot heal everything. In some cases the illness is part of a bigger plan. If you heal one thing another illness will pop up. And you still have to deal with the probability of the ruleset. If your illness has a 78% chance it cannot be changed, then all the focused Intent you, and everyone you know, may be able to nudge the probability down to 70%. Those still are not very good odds.

The other possibility is that you may get a random draw from the outside of the curve and have a miraculous healing. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
You know I asked myself the same questions for over 2 years. As a result of my own experience, I now embrace desire and willful intent but also "go with the flow". If it is meant to be it will be.

Tom speaks to our abilities as IUOC's to heal. We are created and we can create. Therefore, we can heal ourselves. Also, I happened upon Tom's interaction with a member in the questions section recently. The member had been meditating for 7 years without visual results. He asked Tom why. Tom got back with him and advised that his guides were not doing their job and would be replaced. Soon thereafter, with new guides, the member reported extraordinary results. Tom said that we could ask the the "Big Cheese" directly if the guides are doing their job or not.
Sainsbury you are right it might just be genetics with no real purpose, I don't know.

Does everyone have "guides"? I feel like I don't have any but I don't know, I haven't had any psi or paranormal experience.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:

Sainsbury you are right it might just be genetics with no real purpose, I don't know.

Does everyone have "guides"? I feel like I don't have any but I don't know, I haven't had any psi or paranormal experience.
Yes. According to Tom they sometimes don't do their job. I have guides. They were very active in the beginning of my awakening.