Sex and Spirituality

nowiam
Normal User
Normal User

Sex and Spirituality

Post by nowiam »

I have been intrigued by the way in which apparently benevolent mystical, spiritual and esoteric traditions value and translate NPMR' s, consciousness and spiritual progress.

Here's an intriguing topic and question which offers much more than it may first appear (maybe).

That is, does sex (both physically and esoterically speaking) have any notable value in our conscious spiritual progression?

For a detailed summarization of what is meant by "sex" you should probably trudge through the following. I've tried to keep it short and to the point.

Ok, here we go.

This particular esoteric order http://www.gnosticteachings.com (very aesthetically pleasing website BTW) proposes that the key to spiritual progress lies in understanding and utilizing sex properly. Not sex in the common usage of the word which they consider fornication. But sex as a deeply spiritual energy interaction which one must do properly both physically and esoterically in order to spirituality progress in the right way.

If I understand them correctly sex seems to signify polarities interacting, (and in the case of people, volitionally interacting), in order to create a conscious result. And that sex done without conscious awareness towards spiritual progress is merely mechanical or unconscious action performed by mere intellectual-animals (which according to them is what most people are).

Now they are not opposed to physical sex. In fact they state that you need physical sex to spiritually progress properly. And if you are not in a position currently to do so then you have other lessons to learn first and must either do it latter in life, or reincarnate to do so in another life time.

But if you do have sex then you and your partner (which BTW can only legitimately be between a male/female) must not spill your seeds (or orgasm) externally. You cannot lose even one sperm, egg or droplet. The orgasm must be transmuted inwards so that one's energies are utilized for spiritual progression and not wasted. This is the so-called White path. Whereas in the Black path sex is performed spilling the semen whether consciously or unconsciously. So everyone who is having sex and spills the semen is a black magician and perpetuating their cause (which is devolution).

(BTW: the terms "white" or "black" have nothing to do with race).

The point being that the sexual force is the strongest (life) force we supposedly have and one cannot spiritually progress properly unless it is transmuted and used in the way it was meant for. Which again is to raise our life energy and consciousness upwards spiritually.

And the way one can determine if we have transmuted the sexual energies properly is that we must have the ability to consciously leave the body at will into the NPMR's. And ironically it is ONLY in the NPMR's that true spiritual progress occurs. But there's a catch here as well since apparently not all NPMR's, guides, powers and principalities are the same.

So, since true spiritual progression can only be achieved in successively higher NPMR's then the point of living in our PMR is to consciously escape it as soon as possible. And the reason we're here in PMR in the first place is that we volitionally devolved our consciousness (esoterically speaking, we fell out of the Garden of Eden which existed in the 4th dimension) and through spiritual law had to exist in a dimension which was sympathetic to our level of our current degenerated consciousness (3rd dimension).

Now, having sex for physical procreation (even though this is socially accepted for the most part and also happens to be one of the strongest natural urges our species has) is apparently not relevant and is a mere distraction away from real spiritual development.

This however doesn't mean that a couple cannot have physical children. But only that they must do so AFTER they have both become true human-beings, and then only after very specific purification and preparatory rituals as well as learning the means of Immaculate Conception (or birth without spilling the semen). Thereafter, their child is no mere person (intellectual-animal) but a Bodichitta or Messiah type individual. Of course this type of conception is not possible from normal intellectual-animals who are controlled by unconsciousness, egos, desires, etc.

To finish up here - in order to be a true hu-man be-ing (in Sanskrit hu = spirit or God, man = manas or mind, and BE-ing is synonymous with living in the eternal NOW consciously progressively) one must achieve a true astral body, which is not easy. You do not have a true astral body just because you can travel in the NPMR's periodically. But only when you can leave your physical body at will and at any instant travel and interact consciously with full lucidity in the NPMR's. And as long as you're spilling your seed you cannot gain this state.

Glossary for the word "sex" http://gnosticteachings.org/glossary/s/page-2

Topics related to sex http://gnosticteachings.org/topics/sexuality
ObjectiveMind
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Sex and Spirituality

Post by ObjectiveMind »

I had recently asked questions pertaining to the sex center and your long explanation/info appears to be totally opposite or a complete misunderstanding to what tom or ted's understanding of sexual activity, its effects, purpose and function in pmr, npmr etc. I look forward to hearing a response from them but my statement may be all that is needed below

Look under my recent posts.

Topic ... Where does the sex center fit in all this

Om
Last edited by ObjectiveMind on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

Seed is physical, sex is physical, gnostics are cool, blah (no disrespect).
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
twcjr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcjr »

Nowiam,

My personal opinion: I can see 5% or 10% threads of distorted truth slithering about in your description and 90% or 95% bullpucky. Though the source appears to be Gnosticism, there is a strong flavor of Tantric Yoga in what you quoted.

The largest problem is a confusion concerning the mystical, esoteric, or spiritual significance of PMR stuff. PMR is a virtual reality. It is only significant because it allows you to exercise (grow) the quality of your intent through the experience and feedback PMR generates. What you do in PMR is mostly irrelevant, why you do it (your intent, motivation, the source of your action) is what matters. Tools, metaphors, are often used in the growing process -- these tools may be anything that helps you focus your consciousness and inspire your growth. Sex can be used as such a tool, so can meditation, religious symbols, and rituals of all sorts. Consciousness is the only active ingredient -- all the rest (tools) are only relevant because of the meaning one attaches to them -- the meaning is individually personal and not intrinsic to the tool -- different tools for different folks.

With the sex drive being what it is in PMR, it is expected that some would find sacred sex to be the tool of choice -- the doorway to heaven. Others handle poisonous snakes, beat themselves bloody with whips, go to church, light candles, burn incense, sacrifice animals, speak in tongues, take drugs, go live in a cave, say prayers, chant the names of god, execute special body movements, study martial arts, and so on and so on and so on. When the tools become sacred and THE ONLY WAY you usually have a little bit of truth and lots of bullpucky.

Tom C
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

nowiam,

Yes, the pictures are pretty on their web site. I am not sure if the original gnostics would claim them however. I do not see anything to say at present beyond what I said regarding the "sex center" that ObjectiveMind refers to. I will have to look this up. Basically this web site seems to be based upon strictly PMR concepts mixed together and have no real relationship to any NPMR as described in MBT. I have only glanced at it and not read it in depth and have not decided whether to spend more time on it or not. That probably depends more on what people are saying on this BB than any value I see in doing so. {I see that Tom has responded before I got this posted so now I see even less value in my making any statement beyond this. I think that I would have only reiterated things I had said before.}

OM, could you please post a link to the previous thread on the "sex center" here to save me having to search it out? Thanks in advance.

Ted
ObjectiveMind
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by ObjectiveMind »

NOWIAM,

here is the Topic Link that Ted and I were referring to
I think it will answer your question/s if you need more info.....

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3710

OM
nowiam
Normal User
Normal User

Post by nowiam »

WARNING: It's obvious that Tom and Ted rule this particular Kingdom and are conscious Black Magicians. Therefore they work for the Evil One and everything they do is a cleaver attempt at manipulating others to subserviently choose Evil and Devolution over Good and Evolution.

Ha, ha.got ya.just joking.

But now that I got your attention I would like to respond to some things which were said.

Can I preface by showing how utterly scientifically simple minded I can be at times (and the above doesn't count). For example, I still have no idea what the little symbols of "n" and "k" mean when they are attached below the acronym NMPR? I never saw an explanation for these? And why use these particular letters and not any other letters? What am I missing?

Ok, onwards.

We see here the presumption regarding labels and titles. Gnosis (Gnosticism) simply means direct experiential knowledge and is not the name of their organization. Nor are they associated to the semen drinking cult of antiquity (except maybe metaphorically whereby they would internally reabsorb its energy for transmutation). In fact when I first became aware of this group they were identified as Thelema Press, but that had negative connotations with the OTO and Aleister Crowley so they ditched it.

Their whole premise is in synthesizing all religions and spiritual orders. So you'll not only see Tantric Yoga but a whole variety of disciplines in their works. That they have done as much as they have in synthesizing so many diverse spiritual and secular traditions shows an amazing acuity in the common symbolic and esoteric nature of reality. But I am not a student or proponent of them. I just tend to be attracted to such things so naturally I investigate.

Tom, you said, "little bit of truth and lots of bullpucky". But let's be specific. Isn't every-thing "truth"? Whether it is of a positive or negative orientation doesn't negate the fact that it exist and therefore what exist must be true (be it conceptual, physical, dimensional, or otherwise). So maybe what you meant to say is that it isn't "beneficial"?

Guess the best way to determine if something is beneficial or not is how well it helps one in conscious evolution (or as you say, lowers entropy).

Duh.are you just getting that now.

Well I do have a point I'm attempting to make.

I use to think that there were specific spiritual "tools" or techniques which worked better than others in conscious progression. And that the ones who personified this best were the Spiritual Masters (usually found in the East) who were capable of thinking and out performing other humans in all fields of endeavor and powers (siddis). I deduced this by the fact that their "authority" was backed by their unchallenged and extreme power, wisdom, love, etc.

After all when you said "The largest problem is a confusion" the only answer I know by which one can claim clarity and accuracy without confusion is in ones authority by which they wield their thoughts and experiences in comparison to others and their environment. So ones "authority" is substantiated by he who figuratively wields the bigger stick (in ALL areas). In other words, the one with MORE conscious control at their command in ANY endeavor is the authority and also the one with the least amount of "confusion". How can it be otherwise?

But then you bring up this whole paradigm about how ones "intent" is what ultimately matters. And if "intent" was exclusive or all-inclusive it would seem to negate any action, power or "tool". All of us would be of equal value because intent (positive or negative) would be a constant as long as consciousness existed. In this way we would all be preprogrammed VR's and the whole point of who we are and what we do is a foregone conclusion. If this is so then maybe, "Do what thou will is the whole of the law" has validity...

For Bette: I think they are referring to the life spark within the "seed" of sex and not only the physical sperm/egg. And sex is not limited to the physical. Also, remember that sex is a metaphor for polarities interacting to produce a result. Polarity attraction or repulsion (within atoms, molecules, things, people, etc) are the catalyst by which THINGS (such as opposites) interact with each other.

P.S. What would it take to upgrade this forum as well as include a search engine for topics? I did an initial brief search for any topic on sex here but didn't find one. So I had no idea that Objective Mind had already broached this subject here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3710
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

nowiam,

First, I did a search on the word sex in these forums and came up with 114 matches. Do not set a forum to search or turn off the search sub forums choice as this is likely to give you a bad search with no or limited results unless you want to search a single forum only.

The use of subscripts or superscripts, or where they are not possible to use as here, just using lower case letters after upper case letters, acronyms, means that you are referring to a multi dimensional array or a numbered set of items. Perhaps you have a number of PMRs and number them for identification as PMR1, PMR2, etc. Then if you wish to talk about some arbitrary PMR out of the set, you can refer to PMRn or PMRi or PMRn+1. When you are talking about an array of multiple dimensions, you use this terminology as ITEMi,j or THINGm,n,o for something that can be referenced in 2 or 3 dimensions. Traditionally in mathematics or physics, the series of letters i,j,k,l,m,n have been used for this purpose of referring to an arbitrary integer value for a subscript or superscript.

No, everything is not truth. I went to their first lecture listed on their web site: The Seven Cosmoses. Here is their list of cosmoses - 1. Protocosmos 2. Ayocosmos 3. Macrocosmos 4. Deuterocosmos 5. Mesocosmos 6. Microcosmos 7. Tritocosmos
This hierarchy apparently corresponds in order to what they call the 'sacred Absolute Sun', 'all the millions of suns and planets that travel throughout space', 'any galaxy', 'our solar system', 'our planet Earth', 'man' and 'the infernal worlds'. All copied from their lecture.

This is 'bullpucky' in terms of a useful picture of reality upon which predictions can be made, new data obtained and theses proven. This is entirely PMR centric thinking in emulation of esoteric mystery schools of the past. A glance shows me that the same could probably be said about their other lectures. I do not have time to do this in regards to all of their various lectures. Not a useful occupation of time.

You need to review the concept of Intent. The capital I is intentional versus the normal use of intent as 'I intend to go to the store this afternoon'. Your comments make it clear that you do not understand this concept as used here. Here is a forum link to my attempt at discussing Intent: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2783 And of course, there is nothing better than going over Tom's original discussion in My Big TOE.

Ted
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

Hi nowiam,
I like to think of Tom as the grand poobaa (ala The Flintstones), or as this really nice guy who I consider a friend while thinking it bold of me to be so bold. I'm still working on how I consider Ted, but it is all good.

I've always had an interest in Gnostic stuff, I even have a Gnostic Bible. The sex thing with them was always a pull, it is slowly becoming a repulsion though, as I start to organize my life data for better quality. I think sex is strictly a physical thing; nonphysical "sex" is love based, a completely different animal in my opinion. Sex is THE major player/motivator in this PMR, in my opinion again. I appreciate your thoughts.
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
realitycorrodes
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by realitycorrodes »

Haven't been here for a while.
Nice topic NowIAm. I investigated thsoe gnostic myself - i was undercover as usual. Never was quite comfortable with the leader calling himself "Beelzebub"! Bit of a red flag.
There philosophy as I go deeper into started to become more and more fear based.
For me that usually is interpreted as someone trying to control me - so I left.
Your right about Ted and Tom ruling the show here. Tom is the man though - i like him alot - just wish he would speak to me in a laymans language more.
But Ted's ... well nothing needs to be said there??? Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone who wanders in her and gets put off by Ted's antics!
Anyway, what I wanted to add was. The only thing that is worth anything is your "will power" - some seem to use the word intent - but I feel that does not quite communicate the determination that is required to lower your entropy at times. Controlling the sex drive is the most powerful physical challenge in this PMR and therefore is a good litmus test as to how strong your intent is. If you choose to use your will to miss out on an orgasim or you use your will to completely transcend the sex impulse from the human animal...either way you are exercising your will and hopefully making it stronger.

Strange thing is though - a lot of supposed masters down through history and myth have somehow been knocked down a peg or two by the rebound affect of denying their sexual urges. Some may arguing they were not transmuting it - i.e. by breathing exercises, meditation or whatever virtual reality concept you choose to use to trick yourself in to obtaining your will's objective.

Peace Brothers and sisters, and Ted.

P.S. Ted..."if you can't laugh at yourself , you may be missing the biggest joke around!"
My father is wisdom and my mother is emptiness

My country is truth

I am of no caste and no creed.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Beware RC! You jerk on grumpy old Ted's chain - he be put a HEX on you. Watch yer ahhs mahn!
realitycorrodes
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by realitycorrodes »

Nice answer Ted. I am of course smiling broadly by your reply. Look forward to laughing with you on the other side in regard to this communication.

Peace and Liberation to all with no strings attached!
My father is wisdom and my mother is emptiness

My country is truth

I am of no caste and no creed.
nowiam
Normal User
Normal User

Post by nowiam »

No, everything is not truth.
Yes, EVERYTHING is indeed Truth.

Every-thing is True because everything IS. This includes any and all unqualified or unclassifiable states and beyond. And so nothing can exist that is not True.

To suggest that everything's is NOT true is a bias.

People fragment and isolate the Truth into compartments of preference and prejudice (usually practical, moral or value based). Yet ANY "classification" is a fragment of truth and not the WHOLE. Including my attempts at not limiting Truth, although the intent is more expansive than most.
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

Who are you quoting nowiam?
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

nowiam,

I am afraid that if what you say is true, and since you say everything is true, this must be also true, I must still state that some truth is more suitable for the fertilization of agricultural plots to enrich the soil fertility than for conscious consumption.

Ted

Return to “Spiritual & personal growth”