Return Home
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:14 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:49 pm 

Hi!

Almost two years ago I kind of had a spiritual awakening. I think it was due to that surrender mind set that Tom has mentioned before. After this I was the most loving and accepting I had ever been. I wasn't afraid of death, loved everything and had the highest amount of gratitude I had ever experienced.

This lasted for a month or so, then my ego start rebuilding itself. I think this was a good experience, because I am learning to reverse engineer how my ego put itself back together. It's disappointing to not feel that intense love or gratitude as much as I did, but it gives me good insight knowing what I can get back to.

I have always been a very emotional person. Looking back, I know I wasn't emotionally matured though. After this awakening process and having my ego built back up, I have become a left brained person more than I ever have been. It's been a really good experience for me though. I've grown a lot and have become more of a go-getter type person. I have also taken on a lot of my fears since I've become this way.

Now, 2 years later, I am ready to start letting my emotions back in and learn to live with both my emotions and intellect. The only problem is, I have a hard time feeling emotions now. Every once in awhile, I get to a point of deep love, gratitude and happiness. These moments make me feel so good and also leave a positive lasting effect on me. My question is, how can I make these positive emotional moments happen more often?

Now days, I think of everything too rationally and intellectually. When I get into deep meditation I feel some emotion, but still have a hard time connecting with them. I am definitely a more positive and uplifting person after I meditate, but not really feeling a lot of happiness or love as I feel some days.

I want to make feeling more emotions my highest intent and so any opinions or insight would be greatly appreciated!! :)

- Lane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just my opinion - I think when you are able to live your life at the being level there will always be plenty of emotion. And that is the only way you can get honest, and valuable, feedback from others around you. If you are shut down and pretending to be something you are not, then you can deal with the world with a flat effect. You deal with the world through disguising yourself because you are afraid of people reacting to who you really are. Your ego is in service of your fear to protect you from the truth of who you are at the being level.

Tom has a recent video on Intellectual vs Intuitive Process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk2yYglFfhg&t=4777s

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:17 am 

Quote:
Just my opinion - I think when you are able to live your life at the being level there will always be plenty of emotion. And that is the only way you can get honest, and valuable, feedback from others around you. If you are shut down and pretending to be something you are not, then you can deal with the world with a flat effect. You deal with the world through disguising yourself because you are afraid of people reacting to who you really are. Your ego is in service of your fear to protect you from the truth of who you are at the being level.

Tom has a recent video on Intellectual vs Intuitive Process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk2yYglFfhg&t=4777s
That's great insight. I feel like I am becoming more like my real self more naturally each of month. So I believe I am making some progress. But I do think you are correct about disguising myself. Thinking about it, I have a hard time being fully myself at work, because I am definitely different than most people when it comes to interests. Meditating at work during lunch has helped me kind of transfer that core self back into the work place, which has been very beneficial. But the fact that I am not being "me" at work, is probably transferring with me anywhere I go afterwards.

What's really interesting is, now that I have brought this desire to feel emotions again up in my intent, last night I had one of the deepest conversations I've had with my wife in awhile. I felt very connected with her. It was really good for both of us. It's strange how intention can alter reality so quickly but also within it's own timeframe. :)

Thank you for bringing a different perspective than what I've observed myself. I will ponder on this and try to apply it to myself. I will also watch the video you posted. Thank you for your reply!

- Lane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Glad to hear this.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Try to implement mindfulness throughout your day. While driving, walking to the store, anytime your not working at something and dont have to use intellectual process. I am getting much better at this as I work in security currently and do long shifts sitting in a car doing nothing, often at night. I just have to remind myself to turn off my "monkey mind" . Watch some star wars movies and learn from the Jedi.. some of my best inspiration to improve myself..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:15 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I would say ask for it. If it really helps you accelerate your process, it may happen. Tom just said in his most recent fireside chat part 2 is that you have to earn your state of being whatever you want it to be. So having good feelings might motivate you and accelerate but can also cause trouble because there is no motivation of getting to that point. And also if you don't earn that feeling it may not be as real for you. Just my take and Idea on it :)

What you think you are might not be true - always.