Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:30 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:05 am 

At first, thanks heaven and especially you all for that huge amout of input in this forum, it gave me so much and changed a lot inside me.
But unfortunately this is where the problem starts...

I have the feeling that I always need something from outside (like interviews with Tom or words out of this forum) to take a new step in developing.

When I have an issue that blocks me, I start to google, because solving it by myself has never been so productive than reading the thoughts of other people.

I wish I could have more own thoughts on things...

I know there is always an answer in a question - i should let me time to think more?
But why isn‘t it so ... productive...
or is it just, that I don‘t trust myself...

A further point is also: meditation is a lot better after READING about meditation, it somehow influences my motivation for it.
Why is there less motivation for meditation by my own?

The funny thing is: to ask you here about same experiences and solutions is what I critisize on myself.

But I have to ask. Seems like I am addicted to other peoples opinion.

Thank you and greets to all over the world!

(Excuse me if there is a blog about that topic- couldn‘t find it know)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Tinte and welcome to the forum.

You are recognizing that you are operating almost completely from the intellectual level. It is best to have a balance with the intellect and the intuition level. Tom just did a video on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk2yYglFfhg&t=4772s

Here is another post from Tom that might be of some use:

Stop thinking, judging, expecting, analyzing, comparing, assessing, guessing, second guessing, assuming, etc. Stop thinking. Just be and experience existence without analysis. Simply experience the world you sense without attaching anything to it with your intellect. Be in the moment, observe without assessing or judging everything by how it affects and interacts with you. Do what seems intuitively right each moment -- accept and learn from the consequences -- experience/live reality moment by moment rather than limiting your reality to a little more than a reflection of fears, worries, needs and wants projected by your intellect.
http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... 149#p61149

And don't be too hard on yourself. This is a struggle most of us have.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:10 pm 

Thank you, Sainsbury.
Your last sentence really relaxed me. That speaks for itself.
My first reaction on your answer was: oh no - left brain is not the problem. But after the video I can see that might be the root...

It‘s so difficult to structure the inner world and finding this balance between intuition and intellect, isn‘t it. That thought was also so left-brained... hamster in a wheel...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is where meditation comes in. Stopping your internal chatter stops the left brain dominance for that time period. And continual meditation can help balance your intellect and intuition.