I'm half way through Tom's trilogy, and have been watching Tom's videos while I was driving, working out or having lunch, adding up to numerous hours. His experience and theory matched exactly that of a person I had the luck to interact with online 10 years ago, who prompted me to start on the spiritual path (he's Chinese living in Japan who had started and sold a software company in America), down to even most of the details. Tom probably knows him since the pool of people who have achieved this level of understanding is really small (according to that person, it's around 30 people on earth) and they both benefited from Robert Monroe (interestingly, the person's breakout Q&A post was in a Chinese forum dedicated for Robert Monroe, 10 years ago). So I was shocked and ecstatic when I found out about Tom. But, we can talk more about this in another thread, I want to focus this thread on self healing.
A little background on what I intended to heal: I have very severe dry eyes and my eyes are always pink/red, which severely impacted my social life, I'm always embarrassed in front of people because of it. The persistent redness has been there for the past 6 months, ever since I tried out ortho-k lenses (overnight hard contact lenses for cornea reshaping/vision correction) one night and woke up with pain in my eyes (and since discontinued its use).
In the many of Tom's videos that I watched, I heard Tom talk about healing ~3 times on different occasions, but the procedure was the same - enter point consciousness, remote view, find dark spots/areas on body, send white beam to those dark areas, make them white.
But my problem with that approach is:
1. All the healing that Tom was talking about was healing other people, never about self healing. And I need to help myself before I can help others
2. I'm not currently able to enter point consciousness. I'm able to be thoughtless for maybe 10 second at a time, never consistent, and I'm not even sure if that can be categorized as "point consciousness"
3. I'm unable to remote view, I tried to remote view my eyes when I was meditating, I couldn't see or feel any dark spot, or anything to that matter
4. How do I send healing beams to my eyes if the source of the beams is myself?
And here's what I've been doing for the past few days, I invented a way to self heal, incorporating some of Tom's techniques:
0. Sit down, eyes closed
1. I imagine the "medicine buddha" (which is a strong spirit that specializes in healing and he lives in the "east" of the NPMR? I'm not too sure about this person, it's just a semi-well-known entity in Chinese Buddhism) floating in front of me. Not a high-res picture, just an outline
2. I imagine him sending white healing beams out of the palms of his hands to my eyes
3. I imagine two white and slowly rotating energy spheres wrapping my eyes, receiving the energy from the beams and healing my eyes
4. I imagine (the white part of) my eyes are really white
The buddha may or may not be a real entity, my intention was not entirely trying to get his help. I could have created this entity myself while meditating and channeling my own energy through it, or if I do this more often and more intensely maybe the real entity (if it exists) would eventually reside in that image and start healing me using his own energy.
I've been doing this for the past 4 days. Initially I did it 5 minutes in the morning after my morning meditation and bring back up the image about 4 more times throughout the day for ~10 seconds at a time. And today I decided to pause my meditation practice (I do concentration/samatha meditation focusing on my breath) for the next few weeks/months and replace it with self healing, meaning for at least 3 times a day, I would spend 30 minutes on each sitting just to heal my eyes using this technique, since I desperately want my eyes to recover and be wet and white again.
And my question is:
1. What's your take on my self healing technique? How could it be improved? Any other effective self-healing techniques/pointers you could share?
2. Any concrete self-healing stories either from you or that you've heard about that you'd like to share? Just to give me confidence that this could work. Because I always have doubts about whether this works or not, or am I just sitting there playing in my head and wasting my time
3. When should I expect to see any results (if I keep up this effort)? Days, weeks or months, years? I just need a rough timeline.
4. Any advice, recommendations? (for self-healing, not medical)
5. In the spirit of the "healing SWAT team", it would be awesome if you could send some healing energy to my eyes when you feel like it. Thank you:) I'm in a stage that I need all the help I could get
(I'd love to get Tom's input, too)
Years ago, my eyesight deteriorated from 20/20 to the point that I needed glasses to see distances (including movie theatres) and for night driving. I wore glasses for about 5 years. I started to study the martial arts. My Grandmaster told me to take my glasses off and spend time just looking out into the distance. I don't recall how long it was, but eventually I no longer needed glasses. I stopped wearing them. Several years ago, (almost 30 years later) I had my eyes examined and took my glasses (I saved them as a reminder of what can be accomplished) for comparison. The examination revealed that I have near perfect vision. The Doctor was in disbelief. I told him this story. He told me that whatever I am doing I should keep doing it.
Your immediate problem seems to be eye irritation due to the contact lenses. It also seems the problem has worsened and you are now self-conscious and upset about it. Part of your journey is to learn to control and maintain dominion over your emotions. I have a couple of questions: Were the contacts prescribed? If so, have you returned to your Doctor for a consult? It seems that you are putting a lot of ENERGY into healing attempts.
When I had my first set of OBE's, I spoke to an enlightened one. I told her I was trying to go here and there in OB. She told me the story of the Master and the student. The student had told the Master that he spent uncounted hours practicing OB so that he could float across the river. The Master replied: Why spend so much time and energy (that could be better spent) when you can pay 50 cents and walk across the bridge?