Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:31 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: "Better" PMRs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:11 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
There is a real danger now because our technology is outstripping our entropy. But if the worst happened and the planet was destroyed there are other PMRs or the LCS might just hit the reset button to some point in history and run the simulation from that point.
Would this PMR necessarily be worth saving? I'm sure there are other kindergartens out there, perhaps even within the billions of galaxies of this very same PMR. I suppose it depends on whether the folks in charge decide that the homo sapiens experience is worthwile.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would say we've destroyed this VR several times already although I think we are skilled enough at noticing patterns to start avoiding repeating the ones that lead to destruction...
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:27 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

what is the difference miss bette josh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Would this PMR necessarily be worth saving? I'm sure there are other kindergartens out there, perhaps even within the billions of galaxies of this very same PMR. I suppose it depends on whether the folks in charge decide that the homo sapiens experience is worthwile.
I remember Tom said, that this is a pretty good PMR. I don't think a question is to save this PMR or not. It is rather, could each of us low our entropy to save this PMR? LCS's goal to low its entropy, and players in entropy reduction game should be productive enough to stay in this game. We can destroy this PMR by our own means, no help is required.

Lena

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:12 am 
Normal User
Normal User

so lena do you think we could collectively create a higher school level than kindergarden if enough of us start becoming love. and nudge the new fwau coming in towards that path. some i guess would call this creating a heaven on earth. josh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:37 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

there are some hints in Tom's words that the actual macro purpose of MBTOE is to press the learning system gas pedal a bit to realign the mean entropy at a slightly higher trajectory, perhaps to be able to handle the new technologies and geo-political challenges coming up

there could also be some ultra low entropy reinforcements being fed into the system in the form of children with what I would call "spooky" low entropy...7 year olds organizing charity events and that sort of thing

we are also seeing what I would call weird, ultra low entropy behavior coming out of the left coast 20 something high tech multi-millionaires/billionaires, where a locus of hope regarding low entropy and accelerating effectiveness may be forming

I may be imagining this, or incorrectly connecting the dots, most often the wish fathers the thought

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:55 am 
Normal User
Normal User

i too share your positive view it has never sat well with me that this vr will stay at kindergarten level. collective entropy will go up or down staying the same is not very probable or stable, i am hopeful for the latter. josh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

apparently in or around the year zero BC/AD, it was common for prisoners to be shuffled into the parties of the political elite, placed on pedestals, and alive, set on fire for the amusement of the gathering and for lighting.

A historian, coming upon this interesting factoid, began to consider the significance of this observation in the context of where we are now, and what that apparent fact, if true, indicated about the quality of consciousness of that era of history...and wrote a book on this.

I remember seeing the guy being interviewed on Bloomberg or somewhere...don't think I could track it down again

All this to say, I believe if we look at history without rose colored glasses, and rather than judging events against a hypothetical and idealistic kindergarden level standard or with utopian thinking, consciousness appears to evolving in a positive direction over the centuries.

of course, as NPMR writ large is apparently much larger than our OS, and completed IOUCs graduate to other realms or management, an improvement in our OS mean entropy would not be necessary for the process to be meaningful, but there you apparently have it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 am 
Normal User
Normal User

i also see it nudging that way, grade school is a good possibillity if we work for it. josh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
what is the difference miss bette josh
Do you mean what pattern needs to change, or be different josh?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:02 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

bette your quote on the other page qoc is not effected by diet but diet is effected by qoc i`d say.clarity of consciousness is effected by diet though. if clarity of consciousness is effected in a on going way that would hurt our abillity to process data, as to raise our entropy. i reallty do not see much difference. josh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
bette your quote on the other page qoc is not effected by diet but diet is effected by qoc i`d say.clarity of consciousness is effected by diet though. if clarity of consciousness is effected in a on going way that would hurt our abillity to process data, as to raise our entropy. i reallty do not see much difference. josh
Have you read MBT Josh? Entropy doesn't go up and down during a life time it takes life times to make a measurable difference which isn't actually measurable. Tom doesn't become lower QoC if he eats some sugar he just probably gets physically ill and cloudy Consciousness wise. You don't get a higher QoC by not eating sugar.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
so lena do you think we could collectively create a higher school level than kindergarden if enough of us start becoming love. and nudge the new fwau coming in towards that path. some i guess would call this creating a heaven on earth. josh
Josh,

I think that in a future a regular kindergarten could be transfered into Montessori kindergarten. As far as I understand by design this PMR is kindergarten, and this is why new unexperienced IUOCs joining this PMR all the time. In Montessori kindergarten QoC of more mature and experienced FWAUs would create a healthier and friendlier environment, and it would provide different growth opportunities for the newcomers. This is a learning ground, and it cannot offer a heaven like experience. Mistakes are an inevitable part of learning process. Bruises and scratched knees, broken noses and missed opportunities will continue to be present. A heaven like place sounds like a retirement home, but kids, even the best and smartest ones, run, scream, punch each other and misbehave from time to time.

Lena

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
Have you read MBT Josh? Entropy doesn't go up and down during a life time it takes life times to make a measurable difference which isn't actually measurable. Tom doesn't become lower QoC if he eats some sugar he just probably gets physically ill and cloudy Consciousness wise. You don't get a higher QoC by not eating sugar.
Love
Bette
yes miss bette i have read, and i think he says we have a certain amount of entropy to reduce here, and if we go by the rule sets in pmr it does make it easier, we can go the other way if we are not careful, do not you think so? it is not only the stuff we put in us but also the path we choose that could cloud our judgement, as to give us less clarity. moving towards love and away from fear and ego can be very challenging the clearer the mind the better the results. josh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 am 
Normal User
Normal User

thank you miss lena that is what i meant by nudging the new fwau on a positive path, i did not know that montessori meant that. what i mean by heaven on earth is moving towards love one step at a time. thank you for more hope. josh