Return Home
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:40 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:56 am 
Curator
Curator

As I begin to understand you better, you might try reading this material as Tom Campbell's model of Reality. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/The_MBT_Model_Link_Page It sounds like the best place to start from as the most comprehensive yet short and compact. Not perfect but a start. I wrote this after much consultation with Tom so I do understand it pretty well and have actually participated in extending it slightly. This provides links to pages on Tom's Wiki which outline a brief and succinct understanding of what our understanding of the nature of Reality and our place in it consists of.

There is much other material linked from here on this board. viewforum.php?f=265 There are other links that I might point you to once you make clear where you would like to progress towards or ask specific questions. There is a great deal of material compiled to bring order to it and make it 'findable' as to subject. I think that this approach makes a better start rather than trying to paraphrase things to reach an agreement. I have had a pretty wide range of experiences but not as exploratory as Toms have been. Mine have been more traditional as in linked to shamanism, mysticism, ADC, and little OOB. What experiences are you trying to understand. I am here to be of service to board members.

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Ted,

Most of the questions I have left about myself and my experiences I am not sure you can answer and perhaps only a few entities and the LCS can help me with that and I feel those answers will come in time. (much of what I mentioned to you before) Who I am, why these experiences happened to me and what are the goals for this life are of interest of course.

I feel I was nudged in any event to watch Tom’s videos on youtube and everything makes much more sense now in any event. I only wish it would have come sooner as I was definitely ready for it in my view. I have been a big skeptic searching for these big picture answers my whole life.

I appreciate the help and everything you do to support this project. I have read the material, watched the videos, read much of the books and continue to try to gain experience and work on my abilities so I can help other entities on their path as well. I have made huge progress in the last several months, especially with my healing abilities (I guess that is the easiest as Tom says) so no doubt the rest of my life should be productive. I only wish I had more time and money to pursue working on my abilities and gaining big picture experience so I can be more helpful and work on this.

Anyways, I feel I should expand on the theoretical model in this thread a little.

As some entities may be wondering why I am suggesting the probability of nothing is 0 and not unknown (similarly to probability of LCS) in this model of LCS origins I will elaborate a little here. The other supporting equations or definitions under this theoretical model might help clarify;

LCS = aware information system (capable of evolution, making choices, pattern matching, etc.)
Reality = information, a simulation, an illusion

Nothing = 0 information or aware information systems capable of producing LCS (that is something, what I will call nothing)

So there is no absolute nothing, at least not as nothing is defined here and in this model, because whatever is responsible for LCS origins has at least one property for sure that we know of, the capacity to produce LCS. That’s all we can say we know about it for sure and having the ability to produce LCS makes it something.

It is tempting to think that we have mystical origins. I would suggest just natural and “unknowable”. See Tom’s explanation on page 123 and 124 of how we are tempted to think things we don’t understand and “unknowable” are mystical, he concludes;

“Thus our beginning, from the point of view of our objective causality, must be indefinable, or equivalently, mystical. If you do not logically equate “indefinable” with “mystical,” that is fine. Given that the subject is the creation of out reality (our beginnings), the terms “necessarily undefined” and “unknowable” quickly morph into “mystical” in the minds of many – thus I use the word “mystical” to generally describe the unknowable”

Just a shot in the dark here but it is likely in my view that nothing is infinite, and that’s why it is unstable or otherwise able to produce LCS because even if it is unlikely, as we all should know by now unlikely things happen all the time. Under this model we can sum it all up by saying infinity and 0 have a lot to do with it. Nothing, which is infinite, can only produce LCS simplest form of being, which is finite, and began from 0 ( or as close to nothing as it can get) or no information (or I exist, I am here, I think and am aware therefore I am - as only information) and can grow, can approaching infinity but will never get there. Infinite nothing produces LSC which starts as close to nothing as you can get and can approach infinity (infinite information/ “size”/capacity/ intelligence) but never gets there.
We can think of this as the Paradox of infinite nothing.

This isn’t worth pondering too much. Let’s just be glad that it happened and we are here to ask the question and we will always ask the question. As Tom say conjecture is not good, but perhaps on this subject wondering a little is OK.

(disclaimer: this is my own personal theory and although I may have had help with it, I am representing it here as my own. Providing it here is meant to provide a plausible explanation for the origins of LCS and is just out of interest and to see if anyone else has any other plausible theory or criticisms of it. It just interests me and I want to feel like I have the answer….. )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:07 pm 
Curator
Curator

From what you are saying however, it is not really your own. Have you ever heard of and had any experience of what is called Indra's Net in Indian, Hindu tradition. This is a sequence dating back 2000+ years to ancient Indian mystics and metaphysicians. The sequence starts with the Void, which it seems you are describing. Then next the Void becomes activated in some way. From the activated Void, Indra's Net develops which describes a network of Jewels of Consciousness as the Jewels reflect each other in their facets, forming the 'net'. Can you see the parallel to Tom Campbell's IUOCs as the Jewels of Consciousness and the reflections as paralleled in the messaging over the RWW. Going on to a next stage, the Buddha expressed the concept that our experience of this world is Illusion. Can you see the parallel to a Virtual Reality? Thousands in the past and I myself have had this experience as a sequence. I am wondering if you are not experiencing part of that same sequence? And there is definitely a connection to mathematics also as you will perhaps see better if you do read Tom Campbell's model on the Wiki.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I do not remember much of the nightly experiences from when I was younger as I did not pay much attention and just wrote off these experiences as my imagination. I do remember the system giving me an experience floating in the void with no data streams. My first experience there in this life was given to me, not something I sought out through meditation. I do not remember much more. Some experiences included "flying" around. I researched more what you are talking about and I do not remember this sequence so probably not this specific sequence, maybe.

These experiences given to me over the past several years in this frame are definitely interesting. Usually sitting in my backyard I would see horizontal and vertical blurry lines all over the place in my vision. It was like I could see the world around me as an illusion. You could call it a big nudge. I would call it a big kick in the ass.

No doubt leading to these video clicks on youtube and finding Tom's work. One presentation by him (think it was Calgary) and I understood immediately. Finally.

Personally being a skeptic I much prefer the scientific understanding provided by Tom. Thanks Tom!