thx all

Post subject: Re: UIC Waste
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I just don't think its good design
Quote:
That's generally because we think very highly of ourselves, and we believe that we deserve help even with the smallest things. But the LCS just sees this as one experience in a long line of incarnations. Your death just results in another go-round. It's no big deal. And you can learn a lot from your failures and mistakes.

I think sometimes that the mechanical descriptions of MBT can be a bit cold and I dont mean that as sentiment of disproval but as a sophisticated design it would understand that PMR incarnations are held dear to those who experience them even if they have a comprehensive understanding of MBT. Meaning that almost all belief systems so far have to been to a larger degree anti human experience, reducing our experiences to a conveyer belt of entropy factory like procedure makes me very dis trustworthy of MBT.

I think there is a piece of the conversation missing, I dont mean that in any disrespectful way, I think we think highly of ourselves because we have to, we are in this world survivalists, it is hard to develop an attitude of 'here comes the pain, gee i hope i learn a lot'...

I do not think the LCS will see anything from a business like perspective, if anything it will see it from the level of context which is both two feet in both larger and smaller perspectives, Id claim that death be more like an endless rollercoaster than a merry go round...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I used to think that way to. I felt a bit unmoored to realize that we aren't as important as we'd like to be. But then we are all important or there would be no evolution. We are just a little cog in the process. But it doesn't bother me any more. That understanding of reality doesn't make me enjoy my life any less. A few things from Tom.

Consciousness is Not your Mother. Consciousness is an evolving digital information system, not your mother. It is designed to be helpful and supportive toward positive evolution, but can be abused by those on a negative path. Free will bestowed by the LCS is unconditional free will - not " you are free to do whatever you want as long as it is what I want". The system is an equal opportunity employer -- it allows free will to do whatever it does -- and then provides appropriate natural consequences. Remember, the LCS is not a benevolent little old man playing with his pet people. Unconditional free will is a logical necessity of consciousness and the LCS must develop its strategy-to-evolve around that fact. That conscious intent modifies future probability provides the major feedback loop that facilitates self-modification (a condition necessary for evolution), and that feedback loop represents another fact of life that consciousness must live with.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4967&p=22649&hilit=mother#p22649

AND:

You take death too seriously because you have a little picture PMR-based local perspective. The LCS self-optimizes in the big picture and for the long term - not in the PMR little picture short term. Like us, the LCS also has a limited decision space and must make choices to optimize its evolution. It makes those choices based on the probability of entropy reduction along each of the alternative paths. If the overall system will have a higher probability of lower entropy in the long term if Joe wins $100,000 because his family dies in the process of teaching him a valuable lesson, then so be it - remember nobody really dies - a few characters in the virtual reality swap reality frames for a very short time (as seen in the big picture). The down side is a few premature recyclings, the significance of which for those particular individuals (and everyone associated with those individuals) gets figured into the system optimizing process. The system optimizes within its constraints. The outcome depends on what each character was likely to gain or lose for each of the alternative futures. Nobody's evolutionary potential or growth opportunities are seriously damaged. Typically, everybody wins. Remember, there are random components, not everything is planned - the system is probabilistic not deterministic - it works (gets it right) most of the time, not all the time -- it is not a perfect system. It achieves successful optimization at the system level more often than not.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4967&p=22649&hilit=mother#p22649

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

yes i understand everything you say... yes consciousness is not my mother, I never see LCS as someone playing with pet people either...hmm and yes its not deterministic...i guess I have much trouble explaining myself, I apologize for that and appreciate your response.

I think the problem I have is that the big truth descriptions match the big disconnect process of a forum/human communication. I understand much of the toe over the past 6 years, its going to reach a point were others cant fill in the gaps, the passion is not compatible.

Little picture perspective is as valuable as the biggest LCS perspective, hierarchy is a poor poor, inevitable human construct of comodity and culture. I guess I see MBT as separate from a patriarch all this time but its really not.

One thing I have learnt is to never trust myself when it comes to belief, after all these years studying Toms theory can you all say the same?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

if i can be a mother or father in PMR but you cant have one outside, i guess PMR is the only place to have heart and soul, outside is just gears and cogs?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
the big truth descriptions match the big disconnect process of a forum/human communication.
Tom had to use metaphors for everything. I think things are more connected than we can realize. We are to used to partitioning everything into separate things.
Quote:
Little picture perspective is as valuable as the biggest LCS perspective
Only seeing a little picture can be crippling, because it is easier for belief and fear to take root. Having a bigger picture of anything can be very beneficial. It depends upon what you do with it.

I smile every time I hear Tom talk about people who travel get a bigger picture of the world. And in some cases that is the truth. But I used to work for a very rich couple. They had traveled all over the world. But they had some of the most narrow views I had ever experienced. So, it truly depends upon what you do with the information, and experiences, you get.
Quote:
One thing I have learned is to never trust myself when it comes to belief, after all these years studying Toms theory can you all say the same?
Belief is a tricky thing. You have to ask yourself all the time, does the reality you are experiencing back up the things you believe?
Quote:
if i can be a mother or father in PMR but you cant have one outside, i guess PMR is the only place to have heart and soul, outside is just gears and cogs?
Look at this from a bigger picture. Your IUOC has had thousands of lives with spouses, children, relatives, and friends. But what is left from all those experiences is Quality of Consciousness. High QoC creates heart and soul in whatever VR it participates in. The rest is just the means to the end. There are no doubt many PMRs that do not even have a concept of a mother or father. But they know what Love is, and what ego and fear are.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

NPMR sex isn't what we think of as sex at all. It is more just an intense joining of two consciousnesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNORW0C2tpA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

''a hyper conscious love machine'' fantastic!!