Return Home
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If time exists in consciousness would it not mean that it would get old and die?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I don't think so, as long as it can continue to evolve.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
If time exists in consciousness would it not mean that it would get old and die?
I think so. The LCS does not have an unlimited lifespan.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No, time is just a measurement in the LCS. Time means eventual death to us in this PMR because it is part of the ruleset.

AUO evolves the exceptionally useful organizational catalyst we call time by maintaining a regular beat (a constant rate of oscillation.) The ability of time to sequence patterns and enforce consistency allows AUO to create ordered and disciplined process and thus lower its entropy. Time enables simple existence to generate complex evolutionary potential from the explosion of new patterns, sequences, and forms that suddenly become available with the invention of dynamic process. Time generates new degrees of freedom for consciousness to explore. Time allows dim consciousness to become brilliant. Order, consistency, and regularity enable the creation of precise multi-frequency clocks, the big computer, and space-time as individuated specialized patterns of information and content within AUM.

Because the attributes of space-time provide the logical conceptual structure for our experience of PMR (mass, energy, space, and hence biology,) it is clear that our existence is enabled by the invention of time. It is time that allows AUO to get organized – to create, store, and use information interactively – to evolve self-ware purpose and develop proactively.

The concept of time within the dim awareness of AUO is a byproduct of a potential energy system finding profitability in improving its self-organization. As an incredibly effective engine for entropy reduction, time becomes an evolutionary inevitability. The Fundamental Process could not help but find time (an artifact of change) on the path toward greater profitability. Thus time evolves naturally within consciousness – it delivers the fundamental organizing technology that enables the decrease in entropy (winds up the digital spring) that fuels, runs, drives, and enables everything else within an advanced AUM digital system.

Page 272 of online book

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I suppose I am projecting the function of time in PMR into the NPMR.

If time is just a mathematical sequence of events information, which is necessary for one information to follow another or one data to follow another, and if there is no space in NPMR, then getting old as in PMR would not occur since there would be no limit as inPMR, and there would not be the necessary relationship between time and space.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

the LCS "invented" relative time when it began to change itself...

if you stand still and nothing is changing, you are just a consciousness and there is no relative time because there is no change,

but the second law of therm dynamics (things fall apart and break up after a while) tells us without effort things will fall apart (gain entropy over time)

so yes, there is time as far a consciousness is concerned. you will not lower your entropy without consistent effort.. you will gain entropy over time without effort on your part

the system and us has to keep working at it.. google second law of thermodynamics.. as far as we know it works for the LCS as well..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Theone. It seems we cannot escape work.
Either you keep going forward, or else you go backwards.
No comfortable in-between.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

well we could try to maintain the same level of entropy but why would we want to do that?

it is my understanding that the system could delete or save all of the IUOC's and simulations and float in the void as consciousness awareness and do nothing and no "relative" time would be going by. but based on what we know it would be slowly gaining entropy and therefore still changing without a continued effort and therefore some sense of time going by. just not in the same way we normally think of it.

even at the highest possible entropy state, for just a consciousness awareness floating there in the dark void, even though it is not being measured, time is going by.

time is on our side. things will get better with time from what i understand. i keep telling myself that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
the LCS "invented" relative time when it began to change itself...
There is definitely a problem with semantics here. The LCS evolved time as part of the evolution of consciousness. It was a natural process and not something that had to be invented.
Quote:
it is my understanding that the system could delete or save all of the IUOC's and simulations and float in the void as consciousness awareness and do nothing and no "relative" time would be going by. but based on what we know it would be slowly gaining entropy and therefore still changing without a continued effort and therefore some sense of time going by. just not in the same way we normally think of it. even at the highest possible entropy state, for just a consciousness awareness floating there in the dark void, even though it is not being measured, time is going by.
I really have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here. Why would entropy increase if IUOCs are not participating in some kind of VR? Then the IUOC is just potential and neither gaining or losing entropy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:07 pm 
Curator
Curator

I should have posted here before but failed to do so.

The LCS is all of the interconnected IUOCs and their messaging over the RWW which puts them, at their present state, into the Union of all IUOCs that we presently call AUM because of all of the PMRs and NPMRs in Systems which it has developed. That is The One Consciousness.

So no, neither AUM nor the LCS could delete all of the IUOCs and 'float in the Void' as a consciousness. It is the Union of all of the IUOCs that allows it to be The One Consciousness. When we as individual IUOCs 'float in the Void', we are perceiving what is provided to us by The Big Computer over the RWW. We as IUOCs can perceive nothing other that what we receive over the RWW. That occurs when we are placed in either a PMR or an NPMR by this same messaging and we perceive ourselves as being 'in' one or the other.

We do not have any way to know what precisely AUM perceives of the Void. Presumably, possibly, what it subsequently provides to us as ourselves floating in the Void.

It has been my own understanding and Tom Campbell has also stated that if the LCS/AUM does not work to lower its entropy and increase its QOC that it will suffer an increase in entropy. The same goes for us as individual IUOCs if we change our existence to an 'idyllic' NPMR and do not incarnate in PMRs. There is a deterioration with time and such IUOCs have to go back to a more normal NPMR and incarnating in PMRs to gain QOC again. If you will remember what Tom Campbell has said about the prior Big Cheese to his friend and teacher, TBC, he deteriorated somewhat in functionality and had to give up his office to enter into a retraining period. It seems that entropy is always lurking there ready to 'pounce' on the unwary. We understand that even the LCS exists only so long as it keeps growing and developing towards higher states of QOC nor does it seek a non existent state of perfection. That simply does not work.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

research second law of thermodynamics all if it not understood as it is highly relevant the the evolution of our system.

i meant it could delete all of the history files and data it has and do nothing, just "sit" there as a consciousness. not allowing us to experience ourselves through any type of VR or through getting any message over the reality wide web.

thanks for the clarification..

"There is definitely a problem with semantics here. The LCS evolved time as part of the evolution of consciousness. It was a natural process and not something that had to be invented"

call it what you want, invented, evolved.. just existing as a consciousness, there is no relative time going by, relative to what? if it is not doing anything and there is no change how can there be any relative time?

"I really have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here. Why would entropy increase if IUOCs are not participating in some kind of VR? Then the IUOC is just potential and neither gaining or losing entropy."

again research second law of thermodynamics, from what we understand all "things" fall apart, break up and gain entropy if effort is not being put in otherwise. Tom has gone over this again and again, the IUOC's gain entropy over time if not working at it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:58 pm 
Curator
Curator

Remember that the LCS is a digital information system, much like a Cellular Automaton. If the cells of the CA cease to have the data within them interact, then the LCS and AUM and The One Consciousness cease to exist. The LCS did not have to evolve or create this aspect of Time. It just happened as the LCS went from just the Void to the activated Void and then Indra's Net.

The VRs, first NPMR and then PMR types, were invented and thus the time associated with them was invented. Have you ever read on Tom Campbell's Wiki, his Model of Reality? This is like a chapter in a book in length. It is expanded from what you will find in Tom's Trilogy. [url][https://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewt ... =10393/url] Enter here and then follow the link to the Model.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Not that it matters,
But on the void issue, I understand this was part of its evolution. I understand the LCS can and does experience itself “floating in the void” now and then, looking out into the darkness… wondering what is out there..
I have been fortunate enough myself to experience this, not getting any data stream. Experiencing myself as a consciousness “floating in the void” not connected to any data stream, no thoughts or feelings.. other than I am here, I exist.. I think it is better than meditation because there is no data stream you are connected to. What a nice place, what a nice experience, it is so nice I find it hard to imagine the LCS does not do this ever once and a while…
My understanding is this is what it experienced in its early stages of evolution. Before it realized it can change itself and be in different states. What Tom describes as “I can exist in this state or that state” and it realized it can change itself with intent..
Correct me if I am wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
Curator
Curator

We do not know what AUM's perceptions are like. AUM has no sense organs. That comes with being in a PMR VR and its rule set.

The Void state is largely the goal of meditation, placing oneself as an avatar in a state of maximum receptivity with no stray input to compete with the input from the LCS Guidance which is the ultimate goal of meditation. But this is ultimately a way station also as you can go on to being open to communicate with guidance at any time or state of being. An open communication channel with the LCS.
Quote:
My understanding is this is what it experienced in its early stages of evolution. Before it realized it can change itself and be in different states. What Tom describes as “I can exist in this state or that state” and it realized it can change itself with intent.
While Tom Campbell does state this within his books, it is metaphorical and descriptive, not literal. This is actually describing something that would have happened before consciousness developed, not a description of the actual thinking process of AUO as consciousness would not have existed at this state being described. This is a metaphorical description of the process of learning to be conscious, not a literal description.

Ted