Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Intelligence in MBT
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 am 

How is intelligence explained in the MBT model. Is it related to the brain which is constraint that we are born with or is it the result of a IUOC that is more mature. Appreciate any feedback on this.

Post subject: Re: Intelligence in MBT
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:30 am 
Curator
Curator

Don't think of your IUOC as more mature. Think of it as a digital computer implemented in something like a cellular automaton. We know this is possible because these things have been studied by mathematical science here in PMR. One limitation on intelligence here in PMR is thus your IUOC's ultimate capability to 'think'. In addition there are limitations that can ultimately be related to the PMR rule set and what limitations may have been set up for you in this incarnation. So your FWAU, as your modified or limited IUOC capabilities for this incarnation, can result in your being able to only effectively exhibit a lower level of intelligence than might be inherent to your IUOC if it were unrestrained.

Another aspect is that there is evidence that your IUOC possesses a digital neural network which gives you the personality types as studied by Dr. David Keirsey, author of the book Please Understand Me II and introduced here on the board years ago by Tom Campbell. If you will look in the second forum showing a symbol of a black padlock on the Index page, you will find a link to download a paper I wrote explaining this. Specifically I am referring to the difference between those who are either Artisans or Guardians personality types who have greater access to the sensory (S in the terminology of types) perceptions of humans versus the Idealists and the Rationals personality types who have greater access to the iNtuitive perceptions of humans. What this means is that those who are iNtuitive have a stronger access to a capability of our IUOCs to manipulate and draw conclusions from much larger blocks of data than we as avatars can and can receive the results of this analysis without the details from our IUOC providing a type of what you might call intelligence also.

All humans have intuition but the Idealists and Rationals have the stronger iNtuition while lacking the stronger access to Sensory perceptions. So Idealists and Rationals can't do as well as dancers, musicians and other performers or managers of teams or societies but they can have insights from iNtuition from their IUOC which allow them to solve problems that are beyond normal human concepts. Effectively extending their intelligence as defined as the ability to understand things or solve problems.

Any unusual terminology in this description is defined and explained in that referenced book and paper.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 am 

Thank you for the response Ted. The result of the online personality test revealed that my personality type is ISFP Artisan Composer although my career path has been the engineering field (20+ years). As a college student struggling to keep up with the course work, I remember questioning the purpose of learning all this math, chemistry and physics. After many years of working in the field did I see that the purpose was to help people.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 am 
Curator
Curator

The personality type does not say what you will do or can do as I was an Idealist INFJ but also worked as an engineer. It provides your proclivities and how you might approach your work differently than you might than as a Rational Mastermind perhaps.

Ted