Return Home
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:42 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

This post is about the content of this documentary (se youtube link) which gives a very different view of our history than the mainstream view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWMw249xY8&t=328s

The documentary is based on Helena Petrovna Blavatsky book "The Secret Doctrine" from 1870. In a fireside chat from a couple of months ago Tom talked about Blavatsky and her movement (Theosofy). My memory of what Tom said about her is that he was positive to her work, but I cant find his comment or which fireside chat it was. And I dont know if Tom has read The Secret Doctrine.

Because of Toms comments I became more open to the idea that The Secret Doctrine/the documentary is actually based in some truth, or much of it. Could it be?! What do we really "know" about human history? What is Toms opinion (which I value very highly).

So to my question: Have you seen this documentary, what do you think about it? Has anyone else heard Tom talk about this?

I would like to hear Toms opinion, maybe someone can post the question to him in a upcoming fireside chat.

Thanks a lot
Cheers
David

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This post is about the content of this documentary (se youtube link) which gives a very different view of our history than the mainstream view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbWMw249xY8&t=328s

The documentary is based on Helena Petrovna Blavatsky book "The Secret Doctrine" from 1870. In a fireside chat from a couple of months ago Tom talked about Blavatsky and her movement (Theosofy). My memory of what Tom said about her is that he was positive to her work, but I cant find his comment or which fireside chat it was. And I dont know if Tom has read The Secret Doctrine.

Because of Toms comments I became more open to the idea that The Secret Doctrine/the documentary is actually based in some truth, or much of it. Could it be?! What do we really "know" about human history? What is Toms opinion (which I value very highly).

So to my question: Have you seen this documentary, what do you think about it? Has anyone else heard Tom talk about this?

I would like to hear Toms opinion, maybe someone can post the question to him in a upcoming fireside chat.

Thanks a lot
Cheers
David
Certainly intriguing. I have read about the rootraces a bit. Also read "Key To Theosophy" once by Blavatsky. Much of the spiritual stuff is also based on Eastern teachings.
Theosophic literature and also Blavatsky's work is VAST though. And do you remember which part of it Tom referred to? It's because we don't know if he was referring to alternative human history and the akashic records about the root races, etc.
This being said I think it could contain some truth because I do not believe much of 'official' academic ancient history either and think we are much older than that or that other 'humanities' (races) have existed before us. The Lemuria and Atlantis myths might be based on a core of truth after all. Graham Hancock also does some great work on that although he does not refer to Lemuria or Atlantis but just to ancient civilisations that were maybe even more developed than we are made to think they were today by what we are told in schools and universities (and in some aspects they might have been even higher developed).

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am familiar with the contents of the video having done a lot of study and research in the subject area. If you stream Netflix, check out the Pyramid Code.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks a lot
Cheers
David
Certainly intriguing. I have read about the rootraces a bit. Also read "Key To Theosophy" once by Blavatsky. Much of the spiritual stuff is also based on Eastern teachings.
Theosophic literature and also Blavatsky's work is VAST though. And do you remember which part of it Tom referred to? It's because we don't know if he was referring to alternative human history and the akashic records about the root races, etc.
This being said I think it could contain some truth because I do not believe much of 'official' academic ancient history either and think we are much older than that or that other 'humanities' (races) have existed before us. The Lemuria and Atlantis myths might be based on a core of truth after all. Graham Hancock also does some great work on that although he does not refer to Lemuria or Atlantis but just to ancient civilisations that were maybe even more developed than we are made to think they were today by what we are told in schools and universities (and in some aspects they might have been even higher developed).
Thanks for your answer.

I dont remember which part Tom referred to :(. But I believe he talked about the Theosofy movement in general.

The also documentary claims that humans DO NOT come from apes, instead apes comes from humans. What?! I'm open to the possibility. Starting to question everything we've been told about history, what do we actually know?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

As far as I am able to search Tom has never commented on Blavatsky.

I am skipping through the video because frankly I don't want to spend 2 1/2 hours plus to watch it. But I am immediately struck by a few things. The background of choral music is an interesting choice. I think done to try and give the video a sense of spirituality and authenticity. It failed for me. The whole root race system is similar to what scientists try to do. And that is to explain a theory by parsing things into smaller and smaller parts to try and understand it. As far as I can tell they are just making all this stuff up. There is no scientific evidence to back up anything that they are saying. And also this completely ignores scientific evidence that first man was African. So this really smacks of racism. No where is the black African man mentioned at the beginning. It's all the white race as far as I can see. And also to answer about how do we know man evolved from apes. Man didn't evolve from apes.
Quote:
Humans and monkeys are both primates. But humans are not descended from monkeys or any other primate living today. We do share a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees. It lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. But humans and chimpanzees evolved differently from that same ancestor. All apes and monkeys share a more distant relative, which lived about 25 million years ago.http://humanorigins.si.edu/education/fr ... -questions
And we know this from a history of fossilized bones. This is science not belief.

And I laughed out loud when the narrator said, "Genesis from chapter 4 verse 16 through to the end of the chapter gives purely historical facts taken word for word from the secret Book of Numbers in the great oriental Kabbalah." Genesis is thought by most modern scholars to have been written in the 5th or 6th century B.C.

Blavatsky is like a lot of other people who saw glimpses into a larger reality. But not able to really explore that larger reality she really grasp at ideas to try and explain reality. And she fell short of coming up with any kind of TOE.

It seem to me that she keep struggling with ideas that don't quite lead to the Larger Consciousness System. And also she came from a purely PMR point of view that in the end crippled her understandings.

The Wikipedia page on Blavatsky recounts the reviews of her work at the time:
L. Sprague de Camp in his book Lost Continents has written that Blavatsky's main sources were "H. H. Wilson's translation of the ancient Indian Vishnu Purana; Alexander Winchell's World Life; or, Comparative Geology; Donnelly's Atlantis; and other contemporary scientific, pseudo-scientific, and occult works, plagiarized without credit and used in a blundering manner that showed but skin-deep acquaintance with the subjects under discussion." Camp described the book as a "mass of plagiarism and fakery."

The book has also been accused of antisemitism and criticized for its emphasis on race. Historian Hannah Newman has noted that the book "denigrates the Jewish faith as harmful to human spirituality". Historian Michael Marrus has written that Blavatsky's racial ideas "could be easily misused" and that her book had helped to foster antisemitism in Germany during World War II.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Doctrine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:12 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
As far as I am able to search Tom has never commented on Blavatsky.
You cannot search inside a fireside chat since it is in a video, you will have to listen through it to find it. I'm 100% sure Tom did discuss Blavatsky & the Theosofy movement. However I don't remember exactly what was said, I will continue to try to find it and post it here if I do.
Quote:
As far as I can tell they are just making all this stuff up. There is no scientific evidence to back up anything that they are saying. And also this completely ignores scientific evidence that first man was African.
HP Blavatsky says that she did not write any of her books herself, instead she stated that they were channeled from entities, adepts & masters from Tibet that she visited earlier in her life, and from the astral plane/akashic records.
Quote:
So this really smacks of racism. No where is the black African man mentioned at the beginning. It's all the white race as far as I can see.
No, not at all. There's nothing racists in her books. Blavatsky claimed that all of man today is part of the same race, the aryan race, that consist of subraces. She does critisize all religions, not just Jewish religion.
Quote:
And also to answer about how do we know man evolved from apes. Man didn't evolve from apes.
I think you misinterpreted what I wrote, in the documentary they claim apes evolved (or rather de-evolved) from man, and not the other way around.
Quote:
And we know this from a history of fossilized bones. This is science not belief.
Do you know that for sure, or have you just decided to believe it to be true. And are there no incentive to lie about our history? Should we just accept what "the scientists" tell us. I don't believe in what is said in the documentary, I'm open to the possibility that it could be true (or parts of it). If it is true or not I will never know, but if Thomas Campbell really do talk positively about Blavatsky the chance of it being true rise dramatically in my mind (since I have his judgement in high regard).
Quote:
Blavatsky is like a lot of other people who saw glimpses into a larger reality. But not able to really explore that larger reality she really grasp at ideas to try and explain reality. And she fell short of coming up with any kind of TOE. It seem to me that she keep struggling with ideas that don't quite lead to the Larger Consciousness System. And also she came from a purely PMR point of view that in the end crippled her understandings.
Do you really know the was not able to explore the larger reality? She did in fact travel to Tibet to learn about buddism, back in the 1800's, how can you be so sure?
Did Blavatsky even trie to create a TOE? Where did you get that idea? Have you read hear books or researched her history?
Quote:
The book has also been accused of antisemitism and criticized for its emphasis on race. Historian Hannah Newman has noted that the book "denigrates the Jewish faith as harmful to human spirituality". Historian Michael Marrus has written that Blavatsky's racial ideas "could be easily misused" and that her book had helped to foster antisemitism in Germany during World War II.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Doctrine
Yes, does anybody who criticize the jewish religion not get called antisemite, seems to be standard practice does it not? She also criticized Islam, the Cahtolic church, Jesuits. So no wonder she was accused of this and that. If you actually read her books you will find out there's no rasism or antisemitism, just criticism.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:18 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Here's a short documentary about Blavatskys books and history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXqno1LkSpo&t=545s

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You cannot search inside a fireside chat since it is in a video, you will have to listen through it to find it. I'm 100% sure Tom did discuss Blavatsky & the Theosofy movement. However I don't remember exactly what was said, I will continue to try to find it and post it here if I do.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11684&hilit=fireside+chat+list
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11936&hilit=fireside+chat+list
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11685&hilit=fireside+chat+list
Quote:
There's nothing racists in her books. Blavatsky claimed that all of man today is part of the same race, the aryan race,
The Aryan race is generally though of as the white race, and man started out in Africa, not Europe. That is what makes the root race theory racist.
Quote:
Do you know that for sure, or have you just decided to believe it to be true.
I was an anthropology major in college before I switched to business. There is a good fossil record to prove where man started. So it is science not belief.
Quote:
Do you really know the was not able to explore the larger reality?
I admit that I haven't completely read her books. But from what I have explored there was nothing in her writings to indicate that she had explored NPMR.
Quote:
Yes, does anybody who criticize the jewish religion not get called antisemite, seems to be standard practice does it not? She also criticized Islam, the Cahtolic church, Jesuits. So no wonder she was accused of this and that. If you actually read her books you will find out there's no rasism or antisemitism, just criticism.
Yeah, but multiple countries have not carried out pogroms against faiths other than Judaism. And the holocaust was about a final solution to exterminate Jews not people from other religions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
That's not a complete list :(.
Quote:
The Aryan race is generally though of as the white race, and man started out in Africa, not Europe. That is what makes the root race theory racist.
Not according to Blavatsky... But ok. Anyway, is it racist to say man started out in Europe, but saying man started out in Africa is not racist? Interesting reasoning...
Quote:
I was an anthropology major in college before I switched to business. There is a good fossil record to prove where man started. So it is science not belief.
So psuedo knowledge then...
Quote:
I admit that I haven't completely read her books. But from what I have explored there was nothing in her writings to indicate that she had explored NPMR.
Ok, have you read her books at all?
Quote:
Yeah, but multiple countries have not carried out pogroms against faiths other than Judaism. And the holocaust was about a final solution to exterminate Jews not people from other religions.
OK so criticizing Jewish religion is more racist than criticizing other religions? Again, interesting...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think that is the complete list of Fireside Chats. I went to Oliver's page and copy and pasted every one. Is there some you think are missing? Which ones??

Saying man started out in Africa is fact not racist. All fossilized evidence points to that conclusion. Science not speculation or belief. How is Anthropology pseudo knowledge? It is a soft science but still science.

There is an ancient history of killing Jews that continues up to the present. What people of another religion has suffered so much?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Dismissing things as racist seems to be very common these days and it is strange to me because as an otherwise logical person, I assume your thought process would have to factor in intent and also whether she was simply reporting the data she interpreted. But you seemingly ignore that.

However, Blavatsky doesn't say man started out of Europe anyway in the Secret Doctrine.

The first root race she describes were astral beings or, "etheric in nature" in a time where the earth was not physical or dense matter like it is today.

The third root race, which she says was the first race to have physical bodies, existed in a now sunken land between the Indian ocean, encompassed Australia, and then extended into the south pacific ocean.

The fourth root race, appeared approximately 4,500,000 years ago in Africa.

The fifth root race, the "Aryan" race appeared in Central asia, not Europe and it seems only after the fourth Aryan sub-race did they actually begin to inhabit Europe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Have you seen this documentary, what do you think about it? Has anyone else heard Tom talk about this?
There are so many documentaries about different theories but this one in particular had a lot of logical leaps and wishful thinking that I wouldn't bother with it. The problem is that we probably will never know for certain, at least in our life times.

Also, if you look towards someone like Tom as an arbitrator or as a source of real info, you should realize that he is only receiving a data-stream that he also may not necessarily be able to verify himself about the origins of man.
This is why he is typically an open-minded skeptic when it comes to aliens in this PMR because even though he may interact or experience PMR aliens through the NPMR, he cannot necessarily verify it outside of a data-stream where things are metaphorical.

That's probably why his personal philosophy is to be focused and productive on the here and now.

I would say looking into these things can be very beneficial if it helps you see life in a bigger perspective or a more meaningful one but you must always fend off against accepting theories beliefs as true just for the sake of your ego.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:09 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Entropy encounters extraordinary syntropy and must construct a storyline to protect their
their egos. In the extreme, entropy seeks to eliminate syntropy.

Syntropy encounters greater syntropy and experiences admiration and inspiration.

The effective FWAU studies the relative wholeistic performance of the various
ethnic cultural ecologies and moves toward the strongest ones to encounter
cooperation, in studies, in work, in friendship, in marriage, in geo political planetary
management.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Have you seen this documentary, what do you think about it? Has anyone else heard Tom talk about this?
There are so many documentaries about different theories but this one in particular had a lot of logical leaps and wishful thinking that I wouldn't bother with it. The problem is that we probably will never know for certain, at least in our life times.

Also, if you look towards someone like Tom as an arbitrator or as a source of real info, you should realize that he is only receiving a data-stream that he also may not necessarily be able to verify himself about the origins of man.
This is why he is typically an open-minded skeptic when it comes to aliens in this PMR because even though he may interact or experience PMR aliens through the NPMR, he cannot necessarily verify it outside of a data-stream where things are metaphorical.

That's probably why his personal philosophy is to be focused and productive on the here and now.

I would say looking into these things can be very beneficial if it helps you see life in a bigger perspective or a more meaningful one but you must always fend off against accepting theories beliefs as true just for the sake of your ego.
As they say in the beginning of the documentary: "Humans are disempowered by not knowing its true origin"

But I understand we will never know for sure (unless you can verify it through the akashic records for yourself, maybe?). Maybe the current main stream theory is more true than the root race theory.

Since Tom is experienced when it comes to the akashic records, it would be interesting to hear what his opinion of it (when it comes to human history), not looking for a this is 100% wrong or right statement just opinion. If the root-race theory has some truth to it I would like to dig deeper into it even though it may not lead to increased consciousness quality.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

This video is from the same youtube channel, its content exactly fits into Toms big toe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qLa868cLLI

Wisdom Bites - Reincarnation