Return Home
It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:04 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Karma
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:24 pm 

Karma is only mentioned briefly in the trilogy, book 3, I think. But he didn't really say if one has to "pay for his sins", so to speak, besides having to stay longer in the PMR lab. So, do you?

Also, suicide was only mentioned briefly as well, with no specific ramifications mentioned for practitioners. Are there any? Or is just one given a do-over?

Thanks for your help with these questions. I just finished the trilogy and have all kinds of questions bouncing in my head, and haven't gotten a chance yet to read all the posts to see if these questions are answered. If they are, please just refer me and I won't take any more of your time. BTW, I loved the books and am excited that I have a glimpse of the way things really are. I am looking forward to tasting the pudding myself real soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Acg1962,
Every intent put into action through free will choice has consequences.
The larger consciousness system does not seek vengeance, or retribution -- no one is directly punished or rewarded in the usual little picture sense of those words. Karma and reaping what you sow are both good concepts but you have to look at them from the larger perspective of: You are the sum of your intent driven choices. When bad choices (increases entropy) follow poor intent you pay the price of de-evolution, failure to grow -- one way or another, now or later, these errors will generate problems for you. When good choices (decreases entropy) follow correct intent you reap the reward of evolving to a state of greater awareness and personal power, satisfaction, significance, and love -- one way or another, now or later, this growth will make your life more joyful and productive.

Suicide is a specific intent/choice pair that falls under the above discussion of karma. There is very little, if anything to add to what was said in the previous paragraph. Suicide is considered an experience packet failure if you prematurely (much growth opportunity is still left on the table) end a viable experience packet because you got so twisted up with belief traps and ego that you fail to be aware of or engage any of the usually abundant growth opportunities. Failing to complete your mission by failure of intent quality may cause those who help design and plan your missions to wonder if perhaps you are not ready (sufficiently evolved) to take on a challenging humanoid role in PMR. See the first paragraph above. If you simply by chance or accident have dysfunctional brain physiology or chemistry, then that is a different thing.

In the big picture, acts by themselves are not fundamentally important (moral, good or bad), the intent motivating the act is important.
So, anytime you hear that a specific act is always right or wrong without reference to the intent or motivation leading to that act, you know you are most likely listening to dogmatic little picture belief-trap-crap. A general rule: little picture absolutes are usually wrong headed.

Tom C

Post subject: Karma
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:58 pm 

Wow! I was kinda expecting that type answer, although I am still disappointed in the fact that cruel people, violent criminals, etc, basically go unpunished in the PMR-sense of the word. Sure, they de-evolve, but as you have said many times in your books, everybody will eventually graduate...it is not a timed process. It just doesn't seem fair/right that people/souls can get away screwing over their fellow people/souls. I know that no one ever said life was fair, and fairness is probably a little picture concept, but still. Basically their punishment is a longer wait for the decreased entropy state. Correct?

As far as longer evolving/waiting is concerned, does your oversoul feel the "pain" of more lives in the PMR lab?

And, I forget right now if you answered this one in the books, but what happens after you graduate from the PMR lab? If you want to just reference book and chapter, that would be fine.

One more thing, unrelated, and serious, Who killed JFK? Was it a conspiracy or not?

Thank you again for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

acg1962,

It is not just that they have to wait longer, but that their lives are uncomfortable, unhappy, joyless, empty, painful, experiences. Waiting yes, stuck in perpetual dysfunctional misery until they grow up. From a big picture perspective their lives in PMR are disappointingly unproductive, and saturated with fear, ego, anger, and vengeance -- Sounds like a Hellish existence to me. What else would you propose? Hanging them by their thumbs between lives? -- If, of course, they had thumbs -- that would certainly make them feel worse thereby making you feel better that “Justice“ (from your PMR perspective) had been dished out appropriately. But then, feeling better or worse is not the point is it? Growing up is the point and the system is already optimized to encourage that.

Graduating from PMR is not exactly like graduating from third grade. The PMR School spans many levels from preschool to the most advanced post doc work. There are billions of pre-schoolers and relatively few advanced graduate school professors/students. However when you get to the point that our PMR offers you few opportunities to learn or serve, then you focus elsewhere, in other reality frames that provide better growth potential for the whole system (that optimize your potential contribution to the larger system). You are always both a student and a teacher -- the ratio of teacher to student and the level at which you apply your teaching and learning skills changes as you grow up.

A look at the database containing PMRs actualized history thread will give you the details surrounding any event but such knowledge is not pertinent to your growth (thus, is not pertinent -- period -- serves only an ego function like entertainment) and can be yours, according to the psi uncertainty principle, only after you have earned the right to have access. A "conspiracy", yes -- the details you will have to gather on your own -- otherwise they will serve no good purpose (and most likely a negative one).

Tom C