Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:58 am

All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:44 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
I guess I should have added that Ryan O'Neal later said that was the stupidest line he ever uttered. I am being taken too literally by um (how do I not get personal here?), you Claudio. Everything isn't so fricken deep, you know? Lighten up buttercup.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:58 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
I guess I should have added that Ryan O'Neal later said that was the stupidest line he ever uttered. I am being taken too literally by um (how do I not get personal here?), you Claudio. Everything isn't so fricken deep, you know? Lighten up buttercup.
Love
Bette
So, do you like to use stupid lines to tell people when they write "I'm sorry" or to talk about love? Well, sometimes it is hard to know when to take you seriously when you post. I guess my default should be "not to".

Claudio

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Claudio the line "love means never having to say you're sorry" is a cultural pop phrase, although dated at this point so I can see why you keep taking it literally, and taking only what you want of what I say literally while at other times, perhaps when the mood is better, you get me. It's personal yes, I am saying you are taking me however you want perhaps based on your need to let off steam. I'll take it, I'll be that, but be aware okay, please?
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Bette:

I saw you were using that response several times, so I thought you believed on it. I guess you just use it because of an autoresponse or because you think it is cool. I know it is not my business to go to your cool phrases. I find love an important topic and a strong relationship to MBT. You think love is important. You write Love, just before Bette. So, well, I guess you can mean love and take love as a joke at the same time. Well, I am sorry to appear taking it personal to you, but it was against that phrase. Saying "I'm sorry" or apologizing is an admission of doing something wrong and we should try to anticipate and not having to say it, but after we do the wrong it is a good practice to restore the love and go in the positive direction again. We are not perfect and we may keep apologizing to lower our entropies.

Claudio

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:44 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
Bette:

I saw you were using that response several times, so I thought you believed on it. I guess you just use it because of an autoresponse or because you think it is cool. I know it is not my business to go to your cool phrases. I find love an important topic and a strong relationship to MBT. You think love is important. You write Love, just before Bette. So, well, I guess you can mean love and take love as a joke at the same time. Well, I am sorry to appear taking it personal to you, but it was against that phrase. Saying "I'm sorry" or apologizing is an admission of doing something wrong and we should try to anticipate and not having to say it, but after we do the wrong it is a good practice to restore the love and go in the positive direction again. We are not perfect and we may keep apologizing to lower our entropies.

Claudio
Okay Claudio, let's go deeper, it really is what it is all about. When there is love there is no "need" to say we are sorry. We say we are sorry when we are late or say something stupid and hurtful that is nice, but at some point in love, saying we are sorry is no longer required because we no longer see things others do as anything that needs apology and we no longer see something we do as requiring apology because we did it in love, out of love, no matter what the outcome, our Intent was loving. So when we say, sorry, or 'my bad' it is because we think we did something wrong, or we perceive our loving Intent failed. Love means never having to say you are sorry because acting out of loving Intent should never require an "I'm sorry" event to have collapsed, now does it makes better sense?
Love (as I've said before this is a request)
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:25 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
point well made in that last post there bette... although I am a little dismayed at how so many of these threads turn into bickering between people and go completely off subject...

oh well... thus is the monkey mind.

-cole

_________________
Never live so certainly as to confuse your own convictions with what is true.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:49 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
oh well... thus is the monkey mind.
Someday we won't f with the monkey, but until then this is thus, I guess. Something good usually comes out, and it's practice.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:12 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Well, Bette, I disagree with some things that you posted, but I won't pursue this for respect of Cole, after his comment.

Cole, what you may think not important for you may be important for others. Some people focus in the personal stuff. I focus in the learning.

Claudio

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:26 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:23 pm
Posts: 553
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Claudio,

true. Maybe we could start a thread called, "Place for bickering about random topics" and see how that goes... You're right- every little interaction on this board or anywhere is most definitely helping someone in some way, but the point is that a lot of threads get filled to the brim with a bunch of junk that has nothing to do with the original topic. Don't get me wrong- I think threads and forums in general should evolve and go their own way- but it still seems pertinent to keep things a little more focused and on topic.

:)

with much respect,
-cole

_________________
Never live so certainly as to confuse your own convictions with what is true.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 am
Posts: 1280
Location: Near Boston, MA, USA
Quote:
Your comments on 'poetry' remind me of the scientific fields use of the word 'elegant'.
And your use of the word elegant made me think of Tom's use of the phrase "Elegant Simplicity" five times on page 737.
Quote:
Thanks for posting Seth's stuff.
Thanks from me as well, Cole. I have picked up various Seth books at various times in my life and even tried watching what is available on YouTube and it has never grabbed me in a meaningful way. But I am willing to keep trying, especially considering the comparisons I've heard Tom make.

Free online books make me very happy :)

Love,
Lynda


Last edited by AeroLynda123 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 am
Posts: 1280
Location: Near Boston, MA, USA
Quote:
Bette:
I saw you were using that response several times, so I thought you believed on it. I guess you just use it because of an autoresponse or because you think it is cool. ... Well, I am sorry to appear taking it personal to you, but it was against that phrase. Saying "I'm sorry" or apologizing is an admission of doing something wrong and we should try to anticipate and not having to say it, but after we do the wrong it is a good practice to restore the love and go in the positive direction again.
Claudio, you do have a tendency to take things literally.
You make a very good mirror for me because I do the same thing sometimes.

But when Bette says "love means never having to say you're sorry" or when I admonish someone to "bite their tongue", please understand these are idiomatic expressions that people born in the United States grew up hearing and have emblazoned on their consciousness.

These so-called "idiomatic expressions" often are less meaningful to those born elsewhere but to those of us who grew up here, the meaning is implicit.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:02 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Hello:

Cole, I guess nobody is talking about the "Value Climate" in this thread any more.

I am noticing something, that it is not only in this board but when talking to people. Sometimes I think I don't belong to this PMR, and I wonder if I would choose to come back here.

My point is this: I think there is a difference in personality types. I am an INTJ. Then we have Cole, Bette, Lynda. None of you guys, (except for Bette after some iterations) cared about the phrase itself: "Love is never having to say you're sorry", or my opinions. Each of you apparently see it only as the action from me towards Bette. If somebody else would have said the phrase I would have done the same thing. May be because I get "out of body" when thinking about the phrase that I decouple from the writer. Then the writer gets back to me and that is when the back and forward goes usually getting personal, not because of my choice, I have to turn it into a defense attack thing. You don't see anything wrong here? Despite being an idiomatic expression is it obvious for you guys that the phrase is either nonsense, not important or true? Well, if the phrase became popular it might have been because of a reason. At least Wikipedia found it important enough to have a page about it. The phrase was voted #13 in AFI according to Wikipedia.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_means ... u're_sorry

This page also posts another phrase of John Lennon which makes sense for me:

"Love means having to say you're sorry every fifteen minutes." by John Lennon.

Well, you may find my post meaningless if you cannot find anything personal on it but I will add some phrases I created:
Quote:
The perfect purpose:

Some of us have the habit to seek perfections (perfect life, perfect job, perfect house, perfect car, perfect husband, perfect wife, perfect boobs, perfect booty :). On that path some of us reject imperfections without understanding that both perfections and imperfections are there for a reason. They are both perfect for the purpose.

Thinking loud about a difference between finding and creating

Finding comes from outside. Creating comes from inside.
You look for hapiness ... you may find it. Then you say: "I found the perfect love". You may later on find out that the "perfect love" you found is not perfect anymore or you may lose that love ... is gone.
Now, didn't you realize that when you were saying "I found the perfect love", you actually created that love from within yourself? You were the one that brought all those feelings from yourself. You let them be. You allowed that "love" inside of you to manifest.
You can practice creating love, creating happiness by working on yourself, by doing things that you and only you control. Therefore you and only you are controlling your happiness.

Enjoy!

Finally, this one I found it:

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Claudio

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:12 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Perhaps that's why people started saying "my bad" instead, look at what happens when someone says "sorry." I love you Claudio, and I'm not sorry to say that. I see what you are saying and am thinking hard about it.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Thank you for your love, Bette. It's a nice feeling. I am curious, Bette. Do you really feel you love every single time you write "Love. Bette."?

If you really feel it, that's amazing. You might be much more evolved than you think.

Claudio

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:37 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
Thank you for your love, Bette. It's a nice feeling. I am curious, Bette. Do you really feel you love every single time you write "Love. Bette."?

If you really feel it, that's amazing. You might be much more evolved than you think.

Claudio
Yes I do feel that Claudio, I feel I am pushing and pulling love everytime I write that, like I am love. We all are love and we are evoloving, really.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited