Return Home
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:35 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What is the good of old texts with some truth in them, when the religions based upon those texts have almost nothing to do with what was written?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Patrick since you never once sensed it from Tom it is very illogical of you to assume MBT hates religion from this thread.

MBT is NOT making religion go extinct, BUT when religion does do that because it is doing it as we speak, it would be nice to have something totally different than any religion for people to have to understand, rather than just believe.

I hate hate, and that's it. Stop putting your concepts (all of you doing so) into my mouth, thanks.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
What is the good of old texts with some truth in them, when the religions based upon those texts have almost nothing to do with what was written?

Sainbury,
Again, its important not to throw out the baby with the bathwater. There is some evidence that individuals, throughout history, have discovered the big picture buried within the ancient texts. They may have used different metaphors to describe their, very subjective, experience. And I cannot tell you what truths you may or may not find in them, but before you condem them as useless, you should at least read them. Otherwise it seems a bit like Closed mindedness, and pre-judgement. And you would be guilty of the same crime as the offending religious groups.

I have attended many different types of religious function, Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, and various other christian sects, and I have yet to find a single "church" that I would fit into. I have not been a member of any church since I left Catholic school back in 73. And I dont see myself joining any church in the future. Not even a church of Digital Information. LOL

I decided to read the bible, not because I believed in it, but because I did NOT believe. I decided that if I were going to prove (to myself) or disprove anything, I need ALL the information. I knew that I could not take someone elses description of it. I needed to go to the source, so that I could weigh the evidence and decide for myself. What I found was not what I expected to find.

Wholeness is not achieved by cutting off a portion of one’s being, but by integration of the contraries."
— Carl Jung

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'd rather just read MBT again.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've read the old stuff, and it did not fit, it was very contrary, to the Knowledge I already had when I considered it. I'm not rejecting anything without considering it, and I doubt Linda is doing that either.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This is a cultish sentiment

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
I'm surprised you see it like that. I have been studying metaphysics since I was in my early 20s. When I found MBT it answered all the questions I have been asking for 38 years. I don't need other sources that have bits and pieces of what MBT has in one source. I think I will be studying MBT the rest of my life.

If that is cultish so be it.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:19 pm 

Quote by
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"Neither a lofty degree of Intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius,
Love,love, Love, that is the soul of genius"

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm surprised you see it like that. I have been studying metaphysics since I was in my early 20s. When I found MBT it answered all the questions I have been asking for 38 years. I don't need other sources that have bits and pieces of what MBT has in one source. I think I will be studying MBT the rest of my life.

If that is cultish so be it.
I'm a little surprised at the tone too. It is rare I can find a book that I can glean something new out of since reading MBT, but have been able to understand what they are missing usually now. Bottom line is Consciousness as nonphysical digital information is fundamental, everything else is details, so far.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi catharine, and welcome to Tom's MBT discussion forums. Love is the answer.
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote by
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

"Neither a lofty degree of Intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius,
Love,love, Love, that is the soul of genius"

Hi Catharine,

Welcome to the forum.
Mozart has always been, by far, my favorite composer, and I agree with this quote 100%

love, Love, LOVE lol

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You may have some work to do with you think you have some inside track to "the MBT rule set" that only exists in your mind. You are bad for MBT.
Love
Bette
"To All,

There is no basis in Tom's research work or the publication My Big TOE for saying anything truly negative about religion. Religions are aspects of PMR and were not the subject of Tom's research which was instead related to the nature of PMR as a Virtual Reality and other aspects of the basic nature and origin of reality. This bulletin board takes no position regarding religions and religious beliefs. Beliefs and belief systems are the free will right of their membership and participants no matter how you understand or view their past history. His explorations have in fact included contact with aspects of ancient explorations by mystics and metaphysicians throughout the ages as I have pointed out and some of you note and others ignore or simply do not understand. This is the true contact and parallel between MBT and religion as these mystics and metaphysicians were significant in the founding and/or development of their various religions.

Any negative comments regarding religion and religions or their participants are the responsibility of those who make them and are not encouraged as proper for this bulletin board. Tom Campbell and this board are not the enemy of religion and does not wish to become the perceived enemy and target of any religious group. Please avoid negative comments about religion.

Ted as Administrator"

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5614&p=32509&hilit=+enemy#p32509

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

“Love is the total absence of fear. Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement.”

“It's not the situation that's causing your stress, it's your thoughts, and you can change that right here and now. You can choose to be peaceful right here and now. Peace is a choice, and it has nothing to do with what other people do or think.”

“When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge.” – Gerald Jampolsky

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Nice.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Nice.
That's a nice thought for the day, thank you Linda. :)
Love
Bette

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next