Return Home
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:40 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

An old friend used to say, "Be careful of what you prey[sic]." :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 am 
Curator
Curator

4 July 2011

...the true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain/Sam Clemens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

your posting got me revisting Twain quotes...this was one of my favorites...

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... twain.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hah! It happens that I am re-reading Huckleberry Finn .... Huck is a fine example of the ego-less state and the grazing principle (Monroe).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
4 July 2011

...the true patriotism, the only rational patriotism, is loyalty to the Nation ALL the time, loyalty to the Government when it deserves it.

Mark Twain/Sam Clemens

Hmm, I've not seen this quote before, and have always not made a distinction between the Nation and the Government in the concept of patriotism.

It strikes me as a result of the quote, that is the distinction that is made in many 'collapse mindsets' in which calls to community are stressed in order to survive Governmental failure.

Thanks, Ted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Of course reading and rereading TOE is a good thing....essential

The context is the general distain and harassment of persons who share quotations that originate from religious sources, and my failed attempt to bring the two sides together

Further, when a person goes the next step and rejects all sources outside of a specific teacher, this is a hallmark of the cult...which is one of a growing list of deviations of forum conversation from Toms writings

I personally have no problem with cults, and see them as productive tools of AUM, and they are generally good clean fun

This is a great discussion..........or maybe even a better gedanken, sure has caused a lot of idle cogitation for me.The ramifications are very interesting, not that I would want to hijack this thread to express them or think that I could soberly walk the fine line so as not to offend anyone....Thanks Kroeran

( Sorry, got bumped off the computer, didn't finish my thought)

“The church says the world is flat,
but I know it is round,
for I have seen the shadow of the moon,
and I have more faith in a shadow
than in the church.”

~ Magellan
(1480-1521)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:

“The church says the world is flat,
but I know it is round,
for I have seen the shadow of the moon,
and I have more faith in a shadow
than in the church.”

~ Magellan
(1480-1521)
analysis of PMR is a process of building models that increasingly explain the data we are equipped to perceive, beginning with reaching beyond our grasp to the fringe and beyond, slow incorporation, adoption by the mainstream, retained by the old folks and tradition, discarded as an inferior or a no longer useful model, retained by a small group of hobbyists like old seeds in a seed bank

the delta of QoC is interacting with this process impacting the lens through which we perceive the data, and as the fringes and center and distribution of QoC evolves, the perceptive capacity regarding the data before us shifts, breaking old models and supporting new ones.

all this to say, to argue, that "the church" was a model, or an ecology supportive of a model, a meme-onic rib that jumped out of the Hebrew consciousness system (Judaism) 2ky ago, reorganizing the minds of the pagan hoards, which planted the insidious concept that you worship God (R-complex) through loving your neighbour (right hemisphere), and that this intent pulse created a huge leap in the efficiency vector in each community that it took hold in.

The Church's view on science and whether or not the earth was round or flat is a very minor sideshow compared to the science and firmware of human relations.

one question that comes to mind for Ted - is earth like an IUOC "club", which self fertilizes with its own trimmings, building on each previous generation of that IUOC set, or is fertilizer being added from Lowes...does earth qualify for higher ranking IUOCs as it becomes increasingly civilized...or are relatively fresh IUOCs being added from outside to the mix as the earth system becomes more robust.

I was reading this morning about current trends with leading silicon valley 20 something billionaires living materially like monks and intending to give away their fortunes, and I am wondering, where TF is that coming from? How does growing up playing video games nurture this consciousness? Is the momentum of QoC evolution this strong and independent, that you don't actually need any spiritual training, or do these guys come out of religious families? Is this just another form of ego, and these dudes actually treat their "loved ones" and staff badly?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:16 am 
Curator
Curator

Tom has explained before that 'beginning' level IUOCs are continually entering this PMR maintaining it at the kindergarten level en mass.

You would have to ask those of whom you speak as to their understandings and motivations. They may just be fascinated by the technicalities of their interests and out of the world of sensation and pleasure to a degree.

Technological accomplishment is not a product of QoC but of intelligence and perseverance.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First, what is a "delta of QoC" because I think you may be mixing your metaphors there, and second "hebrew consciousness?" There is a Hebrew Belief System, but you kind of make it sound like you think it is fundemental, this hebrew consciousness (probably including christian, and islamic consciousness I would hope, which are also BS'), do you Randy?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
First, what is a "delta of QoC" because I think you may be mixing your metaphors there, and second "hebrew consciousness?" There is a Hebrew Belief System, but you kind of make it sound like you think it is fundemental, this hebrew consciousness (probably including christian, and islamic consciousness I would hope, which are also BS'), do you Randy?
Love
Bette
delta=(rate of) change [of Quality of Consciousness]

ok, I welcome the opportunity to do this once again...; - )

hebrew consciousness system (CS)

as a general rule, persons who have no direct experience with legacy CSs, who's only awareness is from outside the synagoge/church/temple door, or who's data is limited to the media or direct experience with religious crackpots and fundamentalists, write this dataset off as belief systems or outright lunacy.

for those with direct experience with legacy CSs, they know that these are CSs, and not belief systems.

An outsider could make the same claim regarding MBTOE, and dismiss it as a belief system.

for example "do good to those that curse you - JC" has very little to do with belief.

"probably including christian, and islamic consciousness I would hope, which are also BS" - this statement not only is in contravention of forum policy, but I find it deeply offensive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Love
Bette

as a general rule, persons who have no direct experience with legacy CSs, who's only awareness is from outside the synagoge/church/temple door, or who's data is limited to the media or direct experience with religious crackpots and fundamentalists, write this dataset off as belief systems or outright lunacy.

for those with direct experience with legacy CSs, they know that these are CSs, and not belief systems.

An outsider could make the same claim regarding MBTOE, and dismiss it as a belief system.

for example "do good to those that curse you - JC" has very little to do with belief.

"probably including christian, and islamic consciousness I would hope, which are also BS" - this statement not only is in contravention of forum policy, but I find it deeply offensive.
Unless you just like being "deeply offended" and all dramtic and such you would do well to recall "BS" stands for Belief System, and has for years here.

Your definition of "delta" as a rate of change of QoC is wrong if you are talking the MBT model.

And your "hebrew" and then underlining of "consciousness system" with your then calling the whole mess "CS" is misleading at best. CS MEANS Consciousness System here, and has nothing to do with any religious Belief System Randy no matter how much you keep trying to force it.

Not even a good try this time.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Love
Bette

Unless you just like being "deeply offended" and all dramtic and such you would do well to recall "BS" stands for Belief System, and has for years here.

Your definition of "delta" as a rate of change of QoC is wrong if you are talking the MBT model.

And your "hebrew" and then underlining of "consciousness system" with your then calling the whole mess "CS" is misleading at best. CS MEANS Consciousness System here, and has nothing to do with any religious Belief System Randy no matter how much you keep trying to force it.

Not even a good try this time.
Love
Bette
Sorry, did't notice the apostrophe following BS

edit: after pondering further, I agree that you have a valid point regarding using core MBTOE terms, albeit qualified, for speculative thinking, and I see how this could be confusing.

I will need to come up with different word symbols to represent what I have been calling hebrew, buddhist, christian etc consciousness systems....maybe consciousness "memes" would be a more accurate phrasing.

the intention here is to describe a framework from which to look at these historical religions and belief systems like firmware or DNA, scientifically, dispassionately, following the data as they say on CSI.

I think its fair to say that your model appears to dismiss them as mere "belief systems" (BSs), and I can see how a secular mind, interacting with the trilogy only would stop there as far as MBTOE.

however, when one incorporates Ted's comments here and Tom's comments elsewhere, I think it is clear that it is more complex than that, and it is not entirely accurate to dismiss these legacy conciousness memes so quickly.

firstly, we will encounter these memes in our daily lives interacting with neighbours, relatives, collegues. secondly, many graduates from these memes will show up at our door and will expect intelligent treatment and respect for thier junior school training. thirdly, there are veins of highly syntropic writings scattered amoung these legacy memes that can be helpful.

highly syntropic dudes of the past did not join the pirates, they became religious writers and monks who battled the internal human entropy of these memes over the centuries, and then these systems turned their cultural swords outward and interacted with the general culture trying to raise it up.

religion was merely the dust on which "persons of quality" (Tom's term) gathered, like a raindrop requires a particle of dust to initiate.

for anyone with a previous deep experience with any such consciousness meme, MBTOE is "merely" an evolutionary paradigm shift in this process, integrating the left hemisphere to what was largely an intuited right hemispheric and R-complex driven process.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"All is One and One is All"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

..."In our culture, we let reason rule. If we are asked to do something, we want to know why. We want to understand what it is all about. The problem with this is that with our reason we can understand only things within our definition of reality. If we have not experienced the spiritual realities of the higher dimensions, they are not real for us. And we have to be taken by the hand and led into them step by step. We won't recognize the landscape for a while because it is new territory. We need to let go of our preconceived ideas of how it will be and allow the experience to simply unfold."

(Italics added)

Barbara Brennan talking about learning to channel guidance, from her book "Light Emerging", p. 270

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Love should be like breathing. It should be just a quality in you -- wherever you are, with whomsoever you are, or even if you are alone, love goes on overflowing from you. It is not a question of being in love with someone -- it is a question of being love. People are frustrated in their love experiences, not because something is wrong with love... they narrow down love to such a point that the ocean of love cannot remain there. You cannot contain the ocean -- it is not a small stream; love is your whole being -- love is your godliness."

Osho, an excerpt from "discourse on Love - Am I in Love?"

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 9 Next