Return Home
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:06 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: MBT in the next life
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:29 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

from what I've read it seems many humans come to what is a big toe experience AFTER believing in something more conventional. so even if you don't have these ideas when young, you will later in --your next life.

the importance of being opened minded and skeptical after death is described in William Buhlman's book, adventures in the afterlife.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
A question I have been asking myself recently is whether I would be just as likely to be a closed minded skeptic regarding the nature of reality in my next incarnation as I would being an open minded healthy skeptic.
Any thoughts people?
Stephen
Good question. It totally depends on the environment you are born into and the body. Some combinations do not offer the experience and books that lead to discovery of the MBT. In your next life the MBT may be long forgotten or replaced. Your next life (and my too) might take place in an after apocalyptic world as it already happened to this planet in the past.

You might be born during time of yet another inquisition where the books and knowledge like that of MBT will be considered harmful.. books will be burnt, people with extra ability will be prosecuted and killed. This too happened before...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just want to remind you that understanding the nature of reality has nothing to do with evolving the quality of your consciousness. Knowledge does not equal wisdom or good decisions. There are millions of people all around the world that are evolving their consciousnesses that have never heard of MBT.

What is important is making good decisions with what ever the circumstances. You start your next life with the QoC that you ended with in your previous life. You don't get smarter just because you die. It takes until midlife for most of us to figure things out enough to start working on our QoC and there is only a relatively short period before your belief system kicks in enough that your evolution slows down or stops. Then you eventually die and start the process all over again.

There is a probability spike that physicists will accept the idea that reality is virtual with the general population following suit in the 10-15 years following the scientists. If that happens then MBT and the information in the MBT forum will be invaluable. If it doesn't happen then the evolution process of the planet will have to start from some other point. Whatever the circumstances you are born into in the next go-round there will be plenty of challenges that will give you an opportunity to evolve.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
from what I've read it seems many humans come to what is a big toe experience AFTER believing in something more conventional. so even if you don't have these ideas when young, you will later in --your next life.

the importance of being opened minded and skeptical after death is described in William Buhlman's book, adventures in the afterlife.
ksdust - I'm not sure what you mean by this post. Understanding reality and your place in it is a result of raising the quality of your consciousness - however that happens. It doesn't have to be from discovering or forming any kind of TOE.

What ideas are you talking about that you will learn in your next life?

Please keep in mind that William Buhlman's experiences are subjective and personal. His experiences were filtered through his own beliefs, fears, and ego.

In MBT terms your cultural beliefs fall away after you transition out of the PMR data stream. You experience a life review without the ego, fears, and prejudices you had when you were alive. I'm not sure what good being an open minded skeptic would do you at that point.

I may be missing something you are trying to convey. If so please explain further.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I just want to remind you that understanding the nature of reality has nothing to do with evolving the quality of your consciousness. Knowledge does not equal wisdom or good decisions.
not to provide argument, but rather to move beyond this specific context well stated, would you entertain the idea that some knowledge might have an indirect contribution toward the rate of change of QoC?

Perhaps another layer here may be that knowledge is contributory, preparatory, not the actual game-play itself. Maybe like reading a cheat sheet for a video game, it has no significance if one does not actually understand the information, engage the game, and apply the knowledge.

Even with nominal MBT knowledge at the mental level, I suspect it remains very difficult to know if one has absorbed it usefully, as so much is prejudiced by the lens we study it through. Nevertheless, reading a map badly must be better than tossing it in the back seat and driving by compass or something.

I suspect only a very small number of knowledge bits are important for more directly goosing QoC delta, if indeed one has any influence on this from the mental level. A little meditation and lucidity regarding intent during interaction probably goes a long way, with most of the detailed meta-physics having a different significance.

Or perhaps there is some sort of absolute truth to this disconnect as stated above, and MBT is more about providing some mental comfort about our overall purpose, principly so that we can relax and get back to the organic process, without over-thinking it, without trying to game it in any way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:43 am 
Curator
Curator

Randy,

As you freely state in effect, when you wish to emphasize this aspect, we can only improve our QOC by interaction and the intensity of that interaction.

Knowing about and understanding MBT will not inherently increase the rate of change of your QOC. Improvement of the basis for interaction might result from such knowledge and permit us to be of more assistance to others. But it will not substitute for intensity of interaction. We must engage with this PMR VR fully to obtain the desired result of entropy reduction.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
not to provide argument, but rather to move beyond this specific context well stated, would you entertain the idea that some knowledge might have an indirect contribution toward the rate of change of QoC?

I suspect only a very small number of knowledge bits are important for more directly goosing QoC delta, if indeed one has any influence on this from the mental level. A little meditation and lucidity regarding intent during interaction probably goes a long way, with most of the detailed meta-physics having a different significance.

Or perhaps there is some sort of absolute truth to this disconnect as stated above, and MBT is more about providing some mental comfort about our overall purpose, principly so that we can relax and get back to the organic process, without over-thinking it, without trying to game it in any way.
MBT page 161

Though knowledge can be passed from person to person, wisdom is derived only through your personal experience and is non-transferable from others.

You need to be wise to choose the belief system that can make you appear to be wise so that you do not have to earn wisdom through experience and actually become wise. There are no shortcuts. You must develop the quality of your being through your personal experience.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

so wisdom is closer to experience than knowledge, but wisdom itself perhaps is something different than QoC.

there is the wisdom of the child who has put their hand on the stove, the pragmatic financial wisdom of the shrewd sociopath, and then there is the crazy wisdom of the shrewd "more fully awake" being, so three different kinds of experiential wisdom.

and behind all this knowledge and wisdom, the base inherent quality informing the process and being adjusted by the process.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
so wisdom is closer to experience than knowledge, but wisdom itself perhaps is something different than QoC.

there is the wisdom of the child who has put their hand on the stove, the pragmatic financial wisdom of the shrewd sociopath, and then there is the crazy wisdom of the shrewd "more fully awake" being, so three different kinds of experiential wisdom.

and behind all this knowledge and wisdom, the base inherent quality informing the process and being adjusted by the process.
Tom: "Wisdom must be derived from experience. However, for experience to be understood and interpreted such that it has the potential to lead to wisdom, requires knowledge. Knowledge from a big picture perspective facilitates the conversion of experience into wisdom. All increases in one's quality of consciousness must take place at the being level, not at the intellectual level."
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3922&p=12666&hilit=wisdom#p12666

From MBT Book 3, Section 5, Chapter 74, Page 640
"Consider the difference between wisdom and knowledge. Knowledge is generally good to have and it is required in order to apply wisdom, but wisdom is much more that merely better, or more complete, knowledge. Have you ever heard of a little wisdom being a dangerous thing? In addition to knowledge, wisdom requires Big Picture understanding and caring at a deep level - both are attributes of experience and being rather than attributes of information. With all the right information you might occasionally act wisely, but that is not at all the same as being wise.

Knowledge without wisdom is common; wisdom without knowledge is impossible. Knowledge is about facts; wisdom understands how those facts relate and interact within the Big Picture."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 pm 
Curator
Curator

Randy,

You have an amazing capacity to restate things incomprehensibly that seemed clear to begin with. This is perhaps something specific and endemic to economists. I remember statements out of the past such as "marginal propensity to consume" that a friend (who failed out of engineering school after 2 years) taking an economics class was making fun of as incomprehensible.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

MBT in your next life? It seems increasingly likely that won’t be happening on planet Earth…

http://arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk/

http://guymcpherson.com/2013/01/climate ... nd-update/

Anyone know any other habitable PMR planets?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:00 pm 
Curator
Curator

But then arctic sea ice has increased substantially this year relative to recent past years and in the antarctic, it is quite higher than in the past. As Douglas Adams said, "Do not panic!" While many are 'certain' about what they believe to be happening, there is clear evidence that they do not 'know' for sure what is happening. For that, we must wait until after the fact and then analyze.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One swallow doesn’t make a summer, Ted.

While 2013 has seen a 50 per cent increase in volume over the 2012 minimum, this has to be considered against the backdrop of long-term change. 2013 still ranks among the lowest volumes in the past 30 years.

The biggest worry is the release of methane from hydrates, which is certainly increasing dramatically.

As for the Antarctic, McPherson’s summary of the latest scientific reports suggest something different:

“Ice sheet loss continues to increase at both poles, and warming of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet is twice the earlier scientific estimate.”
…and…

“Methane is being released from the Antarctic, too (Nature, August 2012). According to a paper in the 24 July 2013 issue of Scientific Reports, melt rate in the Antarctic has caught up to the Arctic and the West Antarctic Ice Sheet is losing over 150 cubic kilometres of ice each year according to CryoSat observations published 11 December 2013, and Antarctica’s crumbling Larsen B Ice Shelf is poised to finish its collapse, according to Ted Scambos, a glaciologist at the National Snow and Ice Data Center at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union. Further confirmation of large methane releases is revealed by noctilucent clouds over the southern hemisphere from 21 November 2013 to 6 December 2013.”

McPherson is a pessimist, and is probably overstating the case; climate models do not yet take into account the sudden release of huge quantities of methane locked up on the ocean floors. Let's hope they mostly slumber there for the foreseeable future.

Some activists say that the almost universal apathy and continuation of "business as usual" in the face of rapid human-induced global deterioration is irrational and self-destructive. However, MBT philosophy seems to suggest where as individuals we have no control (as we surely don’t in this case) , we should continue with our lives as if there is no problem, future probability database notwithstanding. We must live in the present, and carry on life as usual. Anyone disagree? Do we consider this to be the wise course?

Last edited by vzam on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:11 pm 
Curator
Curator

vzam,

Read starting with this post in this thread and give me your opinion on what is being said, if you would please. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6334&hilit=global+w ... 150#p65829 I don't know what is happening and I'm not at all sure that anyone really does know. I have seen nothing in terms of new data that shows that the global warming has gotten out of the hiatus that it has been in for 16+ years.

I first started reading about this as a teenager when they were then predicting a new ice age. Nearly 60 years later, they have been switching back and forth pretty often between ice age and global warming with no certainty that I can see as yet. So how would you reject the data I referred you to? There is a lot of discussion within that thread. Personally, I bet on ice age as that fits the pattern of millions of years into the past. But that doesn't amount to a certain thing either.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
MBT in your next life? It seems increasingly likely that won’t be happening on planet Earth…

http://arctic-news.blogspot.co.uk/

http://guymcpherson.com/2013/01/climate ... nd-update/

Anyone know any other habitable PMR planets?
If this planet (VR - Virtual Reality data stream) becomes uninhabitable, or in MBT terms goes past the point of probability to continue, then the data stream may be re-set to an earlier point where there was some kind of opportunity to go another way. Evolution will always bring out new solutions. It is data so this is easy to do.

Tom has stated there are many other PMRs running. He has has a diagram in his book of the PMRs in just our system (not to be confused with our universe.)